Twitter: The Manster, Randy White, calls out all Garrett critics

CCBoy

Reaction score
Some small minds can’t see past the nose on their face.
Your agenda makes you have poor listening skills, but c'mon..nose and a small mind? Your old form supercedes any discussion, because you're solution always is saying good bye to someone. As with the person who is supposed to be discussing with.

Perhaps a comment about a flooding break zone, could address the realities much more accurately, and a static picture of failure. Us NCO's could have given up and just replaced everyone as well...really?

Sydla

Reaction score
It would be interesting to interview White and ask him non-softball questions about Garrett and this situation.

Such as:

1) Randy, if criticism of Garret is unwarranted, then what do you believe is the issue behind the fact he's in Year 8 and staring at his 6th non-playoff year?

2) If it's not coaching that is a major factor here, is it talent? So do you believe the GM has done a poor job in constructing a team for Garrett to succeed?

3) You were part of a great run in Cowboys history. The Cowboys have not competed for a title in over 20 years. Why is that?

CCBoy

Reaction score
You're tilting at windmills Don Quixote.

We all realize that Garrett will get until season's end to turn things around. And we agree that he should be fired if he doesn't.

You are purely insultive and with an agenda...good night, Son.

Didn't think you could handle accountable as well...that's only called integrity.

You'll never establish that for myself...you've earned ignore.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your welcome. To me, the issue isn't that it's an opinion, or that his is an opinion. We all know they are. But it's the personal, catty labeling of someone that has a differing opinion.

I'm sure Randy White really appreciates you defending him. :facepalm:

His defense of Garret makes no sense. Team is 3-4. So, his contention that Garret has the team ready to play every week is very debatable. Playing for Landry doesn't bestow upon one great football insights. Its obvious from his overly blustering defense of Garret that he trying to ingratiate himself with somebody.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Garrett is not a bad NFL coach. He’s not a great one either. Whatever anyone thinks of Garrett, if this season doesn’t result in a meaningful playoff run then it’s time to get a new voice in there. Not just for the sake of the players but for the fans as well.

Well stated. To me this feels like 7-9 luck out to 8-8 at best and think we are just this or that maturing away from competing. Meanwhile minus the Giants our competition is working on getting stronger - Washington - or has finally reached the promised land recently - Philly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are purely insultive and with an agenda...good night, Son.

Didn't think you could handle accountable as well...that's only called integrity.

You'll never establish that for myself...you've earned ignore.

Yay! No more having to decipher gibberish and nonsense. I'll miss that made-up language and the "preppy" and "burn barrel" comments that nobody understands or cares about.

But yeah, prove my point. That it is fact you that clearly can't handle any viewpoint that might differ from your own and go into hiding and "Ignore" the truth rather than dealing with it.

The sad fact is that our viewpoints on the topic actually align. But you're apparently in such a rush to "fight" with people that you don't even realize it.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
It would be interesting to interview White and ask him non-softball questions about Garrett and this situation.

Such as:

1) Randy, if criticism of Garret is unwarranted, then what do you believe is the issue behind the fact he's in Year 8 and staring at his 6th non-playoff year?

2) If it's not coaching that is a major factor here, is it talent? So do you believe the GM has done a poor job in constructing a team for Garrett to succeed?

3) You were part of a great run in Cowboys history. The Cowboys have not competed for a title in over 20 years. Why is that?

Also, what is it that brought your teams over the top as you were part of the Landry and Johnson era ? During those times fans could feel at least we will be in the playoffs and have a reasonable chance of progressing

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure Randy White really appreciates you defending him. :facepalm:

His defense of Garret makes no sense. Team is 3-4. So, his contention that Garret has the team ready to play every week is very debatable. Playing for Landry doesn't bestow upon one great football insights. Its obvious from his overly blustering defense of Garret that he trying to ingratiate himself with somebody.

Yeah, the "gosh darn it, they try hard" deal doesn't go too far when the coach's own decisions undermine everything that the players fought to achieve.

Instead of Super Bowl trophies, we're reduced to participation trophies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe, maybe not. How many of his coordinators went on to be successful head coaches? Dave Wandstadt was maybe the only one and he was not what I would classify as overly successful. Maybe Norv Turner to some degree, but he managed to get himself fired from 2 HC jobs after leaving Dallas.
I didn't say they were great HCs. I said they were better coordinators. You don't have to be a great leader to be a great play caller.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Jason's fault is he's taking too long to buiid a contender. IMHO. I like him

You think? Lol. How long does it take? How long should he have? How many position coaches and coordinators have to be fired or in a nice way, their contracts not renewed, before he actually is held responsible ?

Some of these numbers might be off but you'll get my point, 3 DC, 2 OC, 3 OL coaches, 3 WR coaches, 3 ST coaches, 2 RB coaches, 3 DB coaches, 2 QB coaches, all in 8 years. This isn't like other teams where teams are plucking our position coaches for coordinators jobs and our coordinators for HC jobs. They are gettting fired or their contracts just aren't getting extended which is a nice way of saying, you're fired. In 8 years this team has had 2 significant coaching turnovers and nothing has changed on the field.

JustChip

Reaction score
I didn't say they were great HCs. I said they were better coordinators. You don't have to be a great leader to be a great play caller.

And that's true. I actually meant to say that. It's the Peter Principle - many rise to the level of their incompetence. Just because Josh McDaniels' Patriot offense is so good doesn't mean he'll be a successful HC (or even a good one), especially with another team. Individual circumstances are extremely important, possibly the most important.

CCBoy

Reaction score

They were great Coordinators under Jimmy Johnson. They took the heat off the players and ran their respective sides of the ball. Jimmy maintained directions of the team...too bad, he also wanted to rub self-esteem in the face of the owner.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Such as:

I believe the answers would all be directed to the leader of this franchise . All credit and blame ultimately end there.

And that’s how Jerry wants it. It’s what I’ve always respected about Jerry. He takes full responsibility.

The fans have just never made Jerry accountable paying a price for his selfishness and ego.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Garret over and over again cannot game plan each week or even worse, adjust his game plan in game. I love Randy, but Garrett has to go, simple as that.

Garrett has shown the ability to adjust during a game. He adjusted time and time again from 2011-2013. Here is an example of a Garrett adjustment:

In the first half of their Sunday game against the Green Bay Packers, Dallas ran for 93 yards on just 11 plays -- all carries from DeMarco Murray. The Packers' defense had no real answer for it, and it was the primary reason the Cowboys were up 26-3 at the half. The run balance allowed Tony Romo to be as efficient as he's ever been, completing 16 of 27 passes for 250 yards and a touchdown in the first half alone. For one dreamy first half, the Cowboys looked every bit like the Super Bowl contender Jerry Jones keeps trying to tell us they are.

Then, the play-calling went sideways. Up by 23 points, Dallas ran the ball a grand total of seven times in the second half, relying on Romo to throw the ball 21 times. The results were as predictable as can be: The Cowboys controlled the ball for more than eight minutes in each of the first two quarters but dropped to 7:43 and 6:30 in the final quarters.

Proof of Garrett adjustments. Take that Garrett haters. :muttley:

https://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/12/17/the-all-22-cowboys-run-game-demarco-murray-packers

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The debacle of our coaching situation is all on Jerry’s dysfunctional ways.

To Garrett’s credit he’s found a way to coexist and survive an extended period of time unlike the other puppets.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
It's like you don't even read what people write.

You get on this whole "this is what Jerry wants" shtick every time the Garrett discussion comes up and you rarely ever seem to read or comprehend what people are saying.
:lmao:

lopey

Reaction score
Garrett has shown the ability to adjust during a game. He adjusted time and time again from 2011-2013. Here is an example of a Garrett adjustment:

In the first half of their Sunday game against the Green Bay Packers, Dallas ran for 93 yards on just 11 plays -- all carries from DeMarco Murray. The Packers' defense had no real answer for it, and it was the primary reason the Cowboys were up 26-3 at the half. The run balance allowed Tony Romo to be as efficient as he's ever been, completing 16 of 27 passes for 250 yards and a touchdown in the first half alone. For one dreamy first half, the Cowboys looked every bit like the Super Bowl contender Jerry Jones keeps trying to tell us they are.

Then, the play-calling went sideways. Up by 23 points, Dallas ran the ball a grand total of seven times in the second half, relying on Romo to throw the ball 21 times. The results were as predictable as can be: The Cowboys controlled the ball for more than eight minutes in each of the first two quarters but dropped to 7:43 and 6:30 in the final quarters.

Proof of Garrett adjustments. Take that Garrett haters. :muttley:

https://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/12/17/the-all-22-cowboys-run-game-demarco-murray-packers
LOLOLOL