Twitter: The Manster, Randy White, calls out all Garrett critics

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here, you don't have an inkling on what is the final protective line on loyalty and integrity meet.

While you claim to. But I guess the double standard eludes you?

We came out of Viet Nam with a horrible set of NCO's...in '75. There were quite a few that only wanted to go to the bush and kill. We had a lot of nose to nose confrontations, but slow, and in about 10 years...standards and disciplined NCO's were re-established as the hall mark of the corp. We remade the NCO.

The thing here, is that we did NOT just give up with an incurable lable. That applies with Jerry, and at least this loyal fan. To support is a personal call, and yours...but don't claim there is nothing but a vacuum that exists. Because that can also be disproven, if one listens. Not as pretty a picture for change, but workable and doable none-the-less...

don't even go this is too abstract to understand, route, as well.

The only person I see taking this as a one way street here is you sir.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why are we holding Garrett to a different bar than we hold Jerry?

A mediocre coach is perfect for Jerry’s agendas to receive the credit he didn’t with Jimmy.

In a normal situation Garrett would be held more accountable. But we are anything but normal with Jerry.

This literally is gibberish.

I like you but this is such a weird response, even for you.

One, coaches are always held to different standards than owners. Because you can change a coach, you can't change the owner. So your first question makes little sense and does nothing to really refute the real point here.

Sure a mediocre head coach is perfect for Jerry's agenda. BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

The point is simply this. Garrett is a mediocre head coach. That's it. Nothing else. Jason Garrett is a mediocre head coach. End of story.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You're making no sense whatsoever why should anybody say he shouldn't have yelled. In my case I have no problem with him clapping why should that mean he shouldn't have yelled when he did. I don't care that he yelled just as I don't care that he claps what I said is he doesn't have to yell as most of you feel he has to do
You called me a "typical fan" that wouldn't give credit where credit is due and I gave you an example of when I did give him credit. You seem to defend every single decision and action Garrett makes. Can you give me an example of when you criticized Garrett for anything or are you just a "typical fan"?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The problem is that for 7 seasons before this, we've heard "they'll figure something out" and often times that just results in very little.

And honestly, I have doubts that Garrett's job is in peril if they don't make the playoffs this year, especially if they are able to muddle around and stay in the hunt until late November or early December. I think that Jerry will come up with more than enough excuses for him and they'll likely scapegoat a few guys like Linehan and maybe Moore.
The excuses for missing the playoffs were already set in motion before the season begun.

Nobody was picking us to go to playoffs.

I’m not sure where fans come up with these ultimatums?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are we holding Garrett to a different bar than we hold Jerry?

Because one is easily fired and the other isn't. Did you not know this? Or do you not want to know?

A mediocre coach is perfect for Jerry’s agendas to receive the credit he didn’t with Jimmy.

Not if he looks like a fool and can't win it isn't.

In a normal situation Garrett would be held more accountable. But we are anything but normal with Jerry.

And two wrongs don't make a right.

Sydla

Reaction score
The excuses for missing the playoffs were already set in motion before the season begun.

Nobody was picking us to go to playoffs.

I’m not sure where fans come up with these ultimatums?

I give up with you.

I also think you aren't sincere when you claim you aren't a Garrett guy exactly. I think you are. I think you think he's a really good coach but realize with each passing season it's harder for you to rationalize it. So what you do is this bizarre argument about how Jerry needs a mediocre coach so he can take the credit schtick, which frankly, does literally ZERO to refute the point that Garrett appears to be a blah head coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This literally is gibberish.

I like you but this is such a weird response, even for you.

One, coaches are always held to different standards than owners. Because you can change a coach, you can't change the owner. So your first question makes little sense and does nothing to really refute the real point here.

Sure a mediocre head coach is perfect for Jerry's agenda. BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

The point is simply this. Garrett is a mediocre head coach. That's it. Nothing else. Jason Garrett is a mediocre head coach. End of story.
I understand and I’m not defending all of the criticism against Garrett as some is valid but your avoiding the situation we have here with Jerry. And why someone like Garrett remains here. That’s a critical part of the discussion.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Jason garrett is a average head coach at best his record indicates what he truly is people can take up for him and say how great he is but his record after this amount of time pretty much tells you what he is as big bill used to say you are what your record says you are

CCBoy

Reaction score
While you claim to. But I guess the double standard eludes you?

The only person I see taking this as a one way street here is you sir.

Never mind, carry on...and never have a clue how sacrifice pays off beyond a silver spoon in one's mouth.

MikeT22

Reaction score
The set of young fans look at Randy White and stupidly think, oh, he's an old man and senile long ago...

Perhaps they should first check out his still intact guns...

He was one of my favorite players b
The problem is that for 7 seasons before this, we've heard "they'll figure something out" and often times that just results in very little.

And honestly, I have doubts that Garrett's job is in peril if they don't make the playoffs this year, especially if they are able to muddle around and stay in the hunt until late November or early December. I think that Jerry will come up with more than enough excuses for him and they'll likely scapegoat a few guys like Linehan and maybe Moore.

Yeah, Jerry has his perfect puppet in place and plenty of scapegoats to replace before he gets to clapping Jason.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Randy White still looks like he could beat most men to death with his bare hands.

...and he's practiced karate since a player. He teaches hand strikes to defensive players or linemen.

Sydla

Reaction score
I understand and I’m not defending all of the criticism against Garrett as some is valid but your avoiding the situation we have here with Jerry. And why someone like Garrett remains here. That’s a critical part of the discussion.

That's simply false.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I give up with you.

I also think you aren't sincere when you claim you aren't a Garrett guy exactly. I think you are. I think you think he's a really good coach but realize with each passing season it's harder for you to rationalize it. So what you do is this bizarre argument about how Jerry needs a mediocre coach so he can take the credit schtick, which frankly, does literally ZERO to refute the point that Garrett appears to be a blah head coach.
I agree Garrett is a mediocre HC. But again that’s what Jerry wants.

It appears to me that fans don’t understand why Jerry tolerates all of this.

Yes, it’s a bizarre situation. Actually I’ve defined it as dysfunctional.

Sydla

Reaction score

Stop with this.

Most people know why Jerry tolerates this. Doesn't mean we can't call a spade, a spade here. Garrett is a mediocre coach and if they miss the playoffs and Jerry continues to employee him, Jerry continues to look like the fool most realize him to be.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stop with this.

Most people know why Jerry tolerates this. Doesn't mean we can't call a spade, a spade here. Garrett is a mediocre coach and if they miss the playoffs and Jerry continues to employee him, Jerry continues to look like the fool most realize him to be.
I guess it depends on the expectations you have with Jerry in this most dysfunctional situation.

Personally I don’t hold Garrett as responsible because of the situation.

Sydla

Reaction score
It certainly doesn’t appear you fully understand Jerry’s ways if you don’t get why Garrett remains here.

It's like you don't even read what people write.

You get on this whole "this is what Jerry wants" shtick every time the Garrett discussion comes up and you rarely ever seem to read or comprehend what people are saying.

MikeT22

Reaction score

It's ego. He wasn't satisfied with winning SB's with Jimmy calling the shots and getting the credit. Jerry has consistently made sure to not repeat that "mistake" again. He'd rather be in control and lose than win with someone else in control and getting the credit.