Twitter: The Manster, Randy White, calls out all Garrett critics

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans forget we play by a different set of rules here with Jerry.
Ahhhh, it's Jerry's fault excuse.

Here's reality. Jerry is not a good GM. And that not good GM hired a not good head coach.

That's just the reality at this point unless Garrett does some bizarre 180 in his career trajectory. The longer we continue to muddle along the less likely he'll do that.
This is what Jerry wants. He’s not interested in winning if he’s not in position to receive credit .

Doesn’t sound like fans are grasping Jerry’s reality,

CCBoy

Reaction score
When it comes to game management, everyone with a couple of neurons to rub together is a Garrett hater. Garrett screws up a game or two every season. And he's ahead of schedule this season.

Oh, don't let it be known that one is completely unbiased as to other's bias...:popcorn:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Randy's a paid personality on a cowboy broadcast. What do you expect him to say? He's an iconic bit of cowboy history, but he's not relevant to today's cowboys.

You could say the same about Roger Staubach...and be wrong twice!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Or you can listen to hall of famers like, Bradshaw, Ray Lewis, Aikman, Owen's and other's who have called out his coaching and specifically, his offensive scheme.
I definitely would be more apt to listen to them . Are they conducting themselves in the same manner some of these anonymous fans are here?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think Garrett does a good job of keeping the locker room together, and getting the guy motivated to play. But on Sundays his coaching is absolute dog ****. Just this year he's cost us 2 games out of 7. Maybe we don't win both games but his blunders gave us no shot at winning. This isn't being bias cuz I can't stand the guy those are just facts that he costs us games on Sundays every single year. Never once have I said Garrett made the right move there and gave us a better chance to win.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Randy White is one of my all time favorites. I respect his opinion even though it is a complete steamy pile.

Garrett's latest - the LA trip - just feeds the narrative that the guy is not a serious NFL coach. When you are 29th in the league in offense, coming off a loss to a division rival, 3-4 and about to fall out of playoff contention, a struggling OL, and a new receiver is coming to town that cost you a #1 who presumably is going to change your offensive dynamic - you do not jet half way across the country to watch a baseball game. You can if you have been in charge of a dominant organization with lots of playoff wins. You can't if you are a 0.500 coach with next to no playoff success in 8 years. The guy is a clown.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Love ya Randy! But myself and most Cowboys fans vehemently disagree with you on this one!
:thumbdown:

No, you disagree as to why Randy made the statement...that has all to do about a deep set Cowboys loyalty, not character analysis. With your stance on Jason Garrett, character assassination. Differing start points.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I guess the statement that they'll figure something out, and actually be functional...is a lost a mute issue for those who have given up the inevitability that even exists with failure involved with Jerry Jones. He does listen and learn.

No one is arguing against Jason being on the actual hot seat, if this team doesn't evolve...and yea, this season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you disagree as to why Randy made the statement...that has all to do about a deep set Cowboys loyalty, not character analysis. With your stance on Jason Garrett, character assassination. Differing start points.

I disagree. I don't think throwing support behind a proven loser shows "loyalty" to the Cowboys at all. That's loyalty to one person, Garrett. After eight years-plus of futility, it's clear that Garrett as head coach isn't in this team's best interests. And I root for the team, not any one person.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fans forget we play by a different set of rules here with Jerry.

This is what Jerry wants. He’s not interested in winning if he’s not in position to receive credit .

Doesn’t sound like fans are grasping Jerry’s reality,

None of this changes the point.

And that point is Garrett is not a very good head coach.

The fact Jerry continues to want to employee him just makes Jerry a fool. But that's a different discussion that the one surrounding Garrett. How dumb or not Jerry is has nothing to do with the reality that Jason Garrett is a mediocre head coach that likely should be fired if they miss the playoffs again.

Sydla

Reaction score
I guess the statement that they'll figure something out, and actually be functional...is a lost a mute issue for those who have given up the inevitability that even exists with failure involved with Jerry Jones. He does listen and learn.

No one is arguing against Jason being on the actual hot seat, if this team doesn't evolve...and yea, this season.

The problem is that for 7 seasons before this, we've heard "they'll figure something out" and often times that just results in very little.

And honestly, I have doubts that Garrett's job is in peril if they don't make the playoffs this year, especially if they are able to muddle around and stay in the hunt until late November or early December. I think that Jerry will come up with more than enough excuses for him and they'll likely scapegoat a few guys like Linehan and maybe Moore.

cern

Reaction score
You could say the same about Roger Staubach...and be wrong twice!
Roger isn't paid to hawk the cowboys. Randy's a paid cheerleader. Aikman has criticized the cowboys at times. It's not about what they say. It's about their motivation to say what they do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The fact Jerry continues to want to employee him just makes Jerry a fool. But that's a different discussion that the one surrounding Garrett. How dumb or not Jerry is has nothing to do with the reality that Jason Garrett is a mediocre head coach that likely should be fired if they miss the playoffs again.

Good luck getting your point across. Jerry blame is Garrett's get out of jail free card with him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I disagree. I don't think throwing support behind a proven loser shows "loyalty" to the Cowboys at all. That's loyalty to one person, Garrett. After eight years-plus of futility, it's clear that Garrett as head coach isn't in this team's best interests. And I root for the team, not any one person.

Here, you don't have an inkling on what is the final protective line on loyalty and integrity meet. We came out of Viet Nam with a horrible set of NCO's...in '75. There were quite a few that only wanted to go to the bush and kill. We had a lot of nose to nose confrontations, but slow, and in about 10 years...standards and disciplined NCO's were re-established as the hall mark of the corp. We remade the NCO.

The thing here, is that we did NOT just give up with an incurable lable. That applies with Jerry, and at least this loyal fan. To support is a personal call, and yours...but don't claim there is nothing but a vacuum that exists. Because that can also be disproven, if one listens. Not as pretty a picture for change, but workable and doable none-the-less...

don't even go this is too abstract to understand, route, as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Why are we holding Garrett to a different bar than we hold Jerry?

A mediocre coach is perfect for Jerry’s agendas to receive the credit he didn’t with Jimmy.

In a normal situation Garrett would be held more accountable. But we are anything but normal with Jerry.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Roger isn't paid to hawk the cowboys. Randy's a paid cheerleader. Aikman has criticized the cowboys at times. It's not about what they say. It's about their motivation to say what they do.

So, you are corrupted with a dotted line connection with cash flow. Randy hasn't changed his song and dance since with the Cowboys!