The McRib Is Back at McDonald's!

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Yhx9JfN.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get the limited time thingy at all. If it’s good, why not all the time?

Tell ya what else is puzzling. How in the hell do Jack-in-the-Box and Sonic keep up with changing their menu boards? New products are one thing but JitB is wild with it and running out of ideas. That latest burger creation, what the hell is that? Know what they remind me of? A bunch of drunks in the kitchen in the middle of the night with limited and incompatible ingredients. “Hey, Ralphie, what haven’t we put on a hunk o meat yet”?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Must be they (McDonalds) figures that if it were available all the time then its sales wouldn't be enough to justify its existence on the menu BUT for short durations it sells robustly. The Shamrock shake falls into this category also. I was at McD's a couple days ago (love their sausage burritos) and I noticed they have deep fried pumpkin pies (similar to their apple pies) at the moment as a limited availability item.

The challenge with any food business is having enough variety but not having too much that all you're doing is spreading the same sales over a greater and greater number of items. And every item you add creates more inventory needs (both in money and space for the products) and an additional set of procedures making the product.

GMO415

Reaction score
I tried them when they first arrived in the 80s. They were all right, but I never took an opportunity to continue to order them.when they reappear.

I think I ate two in my lifetime.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I get one every time they reappear on the menu to remind myself just how bad they are. Carl’s Jr. had a pretty good baby back rib burger but that is not always on the menu either.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Tell ya what else is puzzling. How in the hell do Jack-in-the-Box and Sonic keep up with changing their menu boards? New products are one thing but JitB is wild with it and running out of ideas. That latest burger creation, what the hell is that? Know what they remind me of? A bunch of drunks in the kitchen in the middle of the night with limited and incompatible ingredients. “Hey, Ralphie, what haven’t we put on a hunk o meat yet”?

:lmao:
I've not frequented Jack-n- the Box ever since they stopped carrying those little tubs of hot mustard dipping sauce for their egg rolls

*:mad:*

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mystery meat deluxe. Anyone figure out from what species that meat is derived?
According to the OP, they're all pork. What they don't tell you is that it's probably the pork they find when cleaning the machines that make the sausage...which would answer @CouchCoach 's question of why they're a limited time item.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Egg-a-muffins aren't bad.

Not at all.

For the money I think they're the best breakfast sandwich out there.

Again, I said for the money.

Also think the Breakfast Burrito's are very good.

I don't see hating on McD's frys.

And every now & then I very much enjoy their cheese-burgers. For the money they're A-OK in my book.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not at all.

And every now & then I very much enjoy their cheese-burgers. For the money they're A-OK in my book.
I don't care for anything they offer beyond breakfast....except maybe the apple pies, but they probably have them shipped frozen by a different company.

Carson

Reaction score
Not at all.

Call me simple, or cheap sometimes.

I don’t mind an easy cheeseburger meal from McDonald’s after work and running errands.

Feed the wife and kid for under 20. Not the best, but it’ll do

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Call me simple, or cheap sometimes.

I don’t mind an easy cheeseburger meal from McDonald’s after work and running errands.

Feed the wife and kid for under 20. Not the best, but it’ll do

Even from a health standpoint the number of calories in a McD's cheeseburger is small compared to many burgers out there.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Y'all do know those slanted grill marks are ink stamped on them doncha',,,

* not to jack the thread as it is about food,as I've finally discovered to my de-lite these little Stouffer's meals in the frozen foods section, wow, Marie Calendars & those hungry man T.V. dinners haven't got nothing over these little 2 item beauties,,, the meatloaf & mashed potatoes?, I was a bit leery of, so only bought two of those(around $3,I don't remember exactly), I'd kinda figured it'd be about like the taste& consistency of a McRibb,,,boy, was I wrong about that,man that was the best tasting frozen meatloaf I'd ever come across & better than half of what the truck stop diners serve.
oh hell - the entire patty is likely leftover piglet shoved in a blender and shaped, colored, flavor added and like you say - painted on grillmarks. pretty sure you can get these frozen at sams for like $6 for a dozen in a bag next to the cheap chicken fried steaks.

never got the fascination for these but hey - to each their own.