***The MEGA-SUPER-DUPER..Vince Young Thread***

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
iceberg said:
that was cold, jarv. brain, you gotta admit that was funny!

Dude, I pay child support to 2 different women. Nothing I have is shiny and new...Sorry Brain...

gbrittain

Reaction score
jterrell said:
He's fast. Real fast but then again a UT linebacker ran stride for stride with him.

I hear all these Barry Sanders comparisons but he is 2 inchaes taller and 10-15 pounds lighter than Sanders. He actually remind sme most of Michael Vick if I had to name one person. He runs upright and has amazing quickness to go with his speed. A few of my older buddies at work swear he's a dead ringer for Gayle Sayers.

I would think that now GMs might be concerned that he will face speed like that every week on the next level.

I remember Desmond Howard just slaughtering defenses in college....

I hate all these back door forums, because nothing ever gets read. If you do read this, I have to agree...when I think of Reggie Bush I get flashes of Desmond Howard and Rocket Ismail.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Rack said:
... first of all, he obviously needs work on his mechanics. That's a given.

But one thing he has that you can't work on is "It". And he has an over abundance if "it". The reason I wanted Leftwich instead of Newman is cuz he had (has) "It", and Young has a lot more of "it" then Leftwich had (in college).

If there's one person that Young really really reminds me of it's Michael Jordan. The guy just refuses to lose. He absolutely wills his team to win.

I wouldn't mind trading a few picks and players to pick up Vince Young in '07.

Start Tony or Drew next year and we will not have to trade up. ;)

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
is the best PLAYER in college football. He proved that he was well worthy of being invited to the Heisman ceremony, and last night showed that he should have won it. He took Texas onto his shoulders and led them to victory. Where was Mr. Reggie Bush in all of this? Well when his team needed tough yards, they gave the rock to Lindell White.

What Young did yesterday and over the course of the last year or so is just amazing. I had heard of him before last years Rose Bowl, but had no idea what he was really capable of. He came out and basically single handedly beat Michigan. When Texas needed a TD against OSU, Young never folded under the pressure. And yesterday simply speaks for itself. Simply incredible...and I wasn't even rooting for Texas

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
is the best PLAYER in college football. He proved that he was well worthy of being invited to the Heisman ceremony, and last night showed that he should have won it. He took Texas onto his shoulders and led them to victory. Where was Mr. Reggie Bush in all of this? Well when his team needed tough yards, they gave the rock to Lindell White.

What Young did yesterday and over the course of the last year or so is just amazing. I had heard of him before last years Rose Bowl, but had no idea what he was really capable of. He came out and basically single handedly beat Michigan. When Texas needed a TD against OSU, Young never folded under the pressure. And yesterday simply speaks for itself. Simply incredible...and I wasn't even rooting for Texas

Nice to see that Young is getting the National Exposure his game has merrited for some time. Yes, he really is a wonderful player to watch.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Thanks for starting yet another thread on the game yesterday, we didn't have enough. :rolleyes:

Gaede

Reaction score
Count me on Young's bandwagon.

He just single handedly willed his team to win the college championship

All these concerns (throwing motion, shotgun) are legitimate, but this guy has the intagibles to address them.

I think he's the best QB in the draft (Leinart isn't physically there--I didnt see any arm strength at all). He won't be the best in the NFL, he wont dominate like in college, but he should succeed. He wants to at least. I think hes alot like McNabb, only with a competitive spirit.