***The MEGA-SUPER-DUPER..Vince Young Thread***

jbsg02

Reaction score
I think you're right about having "it". Everyone has so many knocks on him but his composure mixed with his competitiveness is what makes him so special.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Damn right. I remember back in 2003, when Vince was splitting time with Chance Mock... I thought he had nothing back then. Boy, was I wrong. The kid's a phenomenon. I've never seen anyone realize his potential so quickly and so strongly. Goodness, from a frightening freshman season to the National Championship! He's got enough "It" for 3 qbs.

Tobal

Reaction score
Bush was not on the field for fourth and one and fourth and 2 in the national championship games, that tells me all I need to know.

Guy is really quick, gets to top speed as fast as anyone, but VY destroyed good defenses.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Are you sure that's your objective opinion as a football fan or a biased take influenced by your love for UT?

Michael Jordan is the greatest to ever play his game...
let's not get out of hand.

He'll already belong to an NFL team in 07.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong. The great one's make others around them better. Vince Young is a lot like Michael Vick in that they make themselves look great but everyone else look worse.

RS12

Reaction score
I think Jerry should pull a Ricky Williams type trade for Vince Young. If Parcells comes back the boys have to be in a win now mode, so it would not happen. However, if he does not come back and Jerry goes back to puppett head coach mode, he will need to sell tickets. Also Young solves your mediocre O line problems. I have never seen a running quarterback who it is so difficult to get a good hit on. He has Barry Sanders like elusiveness. I know NFL defenses are much better than USCs, however this guy is going to cause alot of sleepless nights for opposing NFL D coordinaters.

Eddie

Reaction score
Why the heck would we want Vince Young?

If he's around at the #18 pick, I wouldn't want him.

Eddie

Reaction score
Don't we have problems all along the OL, LB, Safety, WR, and Kicker ... and for some reason, Vince Young would be our savior?

Give an entire draft for ONE player ???

Thank god you don't run the Cowboys.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Ok you're insane. :D

Not going to happen even IF Young come out and I don't think he will.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Why the heck would we want Vince Young?

If he's around at the #18 pick, I wouldn't want him.

He just had a great game and won a National Championship...so I'm sure we're going to hear this a lot.

What happened to the people who were saying we need Leinart. :D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
He just had a great game and won a National Championship...so I'm sure we're going to hear this a lot.

most recently flashy object people want. when something else flashes, old object no good anymore. get new flash.

young is todays leinert!!!! (josey and the *****cats reference here :)

thewivil

Reaction score
While I wouldn't mind to have Young as a Cowboy, no way would I give up the majority of our draft for him. Besides, I really don't think he's going to declare this year. If he has another year like he had this year, he'll win the Heisman hands down and will be declared the greatest UT player of all time. He'll be either the first or second pick.

With that said, I'd much rather us trade our first rounder this year for someone else's next year and another mid-round pick. Then, we can make a run at Young or the N.D. kid.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:

What we need is a couple of those Texas OLs who gave Young so much time to throw last night.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
iceberg said:
most recently flashy object people want. when something else flashes, old object no good anymore. get new flash.

young is todays leinert!!!! (josey and the *****cats reference here :)

No question...If he stumbles next year people will jump off the bandwagon.

Troy Smith of OSU will be available after next year anyway. :D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
What we need is a couple of those Texas OLs who gave Young so much time to throw last night.

Yep they did a great job...A Beauty to behold.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As much as I like Young I would not trade an entire draft to get him and frankly if I had a choice between him and Leinart I would have to go with Matt who by the way also had a great game for USC. Another year in college for Young and I may have a change of heart. I do like Young and his athletic ability