FEATURED The Mike McCarthy Project - what he's been doing to prepare

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
From behind a paywall -

two former Packers assistants who worked for McCarthy last year (ex- inside linebackers coach Scott McCurley and ex-quarterbacks coach Frank Cignetti, Jr.).
Speaking of QB coach, is Kitna gone?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Speaking of QB coach, is Kitna gone?

Kitna was on a one year deal but I'm sure they could bring him back if they want to. Kellen Moore and Columbo are still under contract. I believe TE Coach Nussmeier is also but I wouldn't doubt Witten takes the TE spot.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Kitna was on a one year deal but I'm sure they could bring him back if they want to. Kellen Moore and Columbo are still under contract. I believe TE Coach Nussmeier is also but I wouldn't doubt Witten takes the TE spot.
Here is hoping Witten will be a better coach than he was a broadcaster.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Ok things are starting to make sense . McCarthy hired a coaching staff and spent every single day in his greenbay home in 2019 studying league trends , using cutting edge analytics , studying plays and players . He was ready . He’s hungry , he wants this bad .

I feel waaaay better now and actually excited .

NorTex

Reaction score
Garrett did that week to week and every offseason.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Ok things are starting to make sense . McCarthy hired a coaching staff and spent every single day in his greenbay home in 2019 studying league trends , using cutting edge analytics , studying plays and players . He was ready . He’s hungry , he wants this bad .

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

None of it matters if he can't properly translate what he's learned into gameplay and preparation.

Though, like you, I am excited to hear that he does have some form of desire to learn something more. I just hope he can execute it all.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
When it comes to coaches.. These are the types he prefers.

Garrett, Johnson, Campo and Switzer were all guys he already had close personal relationships with; they all ran systems h was familiar with. Gailey and Wade did not fit that bill.

Is the type "NFL coaches?" I am just failing to see what what you are talking about that might be significant. Is this another one of the things you just feel?

Blake

Reaction score

Can you imagine Garrett doing any of that? For a Princeton grad he sure is lazy when it comes to the academics of football.

superonyx

Reaction score

What do you mean he hired a coaching staff? To sit in his house with him?

superonyx

Reaction score
Can you imagine Garrett doing any of that? For a Princeton grad he sure is lazy when it comes to the academics of football.
Since Garrett had the playcalling duties taken from him years ago what would be the point?

Not a JG fan. But I also understand he was a puppet void of any and all power.

Staubacher

Reaction score

And ordering lots of Uber Eats I'm pumped.

LittleD

Reaction score

What in the heck does that have to do with whether these entitled young players will play NFL football for him, his way?