FEATURED The Mike McCarthy Project - what he's been doing to prepare

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
McCarthy did a PR starting tour in November about his think tank he had with Haslett and others.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Ok things are starting to make sense . McCarthy hired a coaching staff and spent every single day in his greenbay home in 2019 studying league trends , using cutting edge analytics , studying plays and players . He was ready . He’s hungry , he wants this bad .

I feel waaaay better now and actually excited .
Was it Jerry and Mike’s pillow fight at the Jerry manor?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Garrett, Johnson, Campo and Switzer were all guys he already had close personal relationships with; they all ran systems h was familiar with. Gailey and Wade did not fit that bill.

Is the type "NFL coaches?" I am just failing to see what what you are talking about that might be significant. Is this another one of the things you just feel?

I said he needed hire a high profile, flashy, big name coach.

He didn't.

What are you failing to see?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Was it Jerry and Mike’s pillow fight at the Jerry manor?

source.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you wanted someone being hyped?

Yes.

Hyped coaches are usually hyped for a reason.

Jason Garrett's and Mike McCarthy's usually receive their criticisms for a reason.

Dallas needed a big name, flashy, hyped up coach for the fan base and for the players themselves to get this fan base excited and hopeful again.

Instead they just started the Garrett debates again with a different name.

garyv

Reaction score
What do you mean he hired a coaching staff? To sit in his house with him?

I think it was him, Haslet and others that just got together to discuss Football Strategy and stay sharp.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All due respect. How is somebody with McCarthy’s resume not a “big name”. The man won a Super Bowl and has made 4 conference title games.

That is as big name as it gets.

Because focusing on his resume alone is just silly.

Brian Billick won a Super Bowl too.

This guy had possibly the best QB of all time and got fired for his stubborn playcalling and his inability to change.

They are having success without him.

Also, if you watch the Peter King video he basically scoff's at the idea that there was a problem with his offense but he needs to listen to criticism.

bysbox1

Reaction score
One thing I took from this is the fact the he and Marvin Lewis are good friends.

I still get the feeling Marvin will be on staff as DC, hence the Marvin Lewis interview (Plus it satisfied the Rooney Rule).

HungryLion

Reaction score
Because focusing on his resume alone is just silly.

Brian Billick won a Super Bowl too.

This guy had possibly the best QB of all time and got fired for his stubborn playcalling and his inability to change.

They are having success without him.

Also, if you watch the Peter King video he basically scoff's at the idea that there was a problem with his offense but he needs to listen to criticism.

People said the same things about Andy Reid when he left the eagles and went to KC. Philly has had success without him.

he is a massive upgrade over Garrett. Massive.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
A guy with no NFL experience over a guy who has won a SB in THIS league? Sure pal. I was as big a believer in bringing in Urban but come on.

How many Head Coaches have won a super bowl in two different locations?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes.

Hyped coaches are usually hyped for a reason.

Jason Garrett's and Mike McCarthy's usually receive their criticisms for a reason.

Dallas needed a big name, flashy, hyped up coach for the fan base and for the players themselves to get this fan base excited and hopeful again.

Instead they just started the Garrett debates again with a different name.

And what does that have to do with how a coach will perform at his job? How we feel is immaterial.

Fans are going to argue over leadership no matter what.