The Most Underrated Concern

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Fresno State kid Jake Hainer in rd 3. I might throw a dart on him if hes there at pick 90.

75boyz

Reaction score
OL

Our best player— Martin— is getting up there. Tyron is one or two years away from retirement.

After developing them as players— We let Williams and Collins walk last year, McG this offseason. Depth is thin.

Biadasz will be looking for a payday— and while he has been solid— he is not a dominant player at his position.

Steele is coming off injury and is yet unsigned. Ball looks like a whiff, and Waletzko and Farniok may have flashed a bit, but are far from sure bets.

Throw in a coaching change to Solari, and I think this unit is in need of some strategic attention.Yes, Tyler Smith is looking good. Yes, we should be good for 2023 and maybe 2024. But this OL will need to be restocked and developed and is an underrated need as we head into the draft.
My man Hawk19 bringing it strong with another excellent opinion/observation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So Jerry told him to rebuild the OL?
Then give Jerry the credit.
When Garrett was first there, there was an attempt to rebuild the line with finesse type lineman and finesse backs like Felix jones. It failed miserably. Then they went back to power with Martin, Tyron, Fred.

garrett does what he is told. Another one of your hero’s you sadly supported.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Garrett was first there, there was an attempt to rebuild the line with finesse type lineman and finesse backs like Felix jones. It failed miserably. Then they went back to power with Martin, Tyron, Fred.

garrett does what he is told. Another one of your hero’s you sadly supported.
Garrett was not my hero. I wanted him gone from the get go. Once again you are WRONG.

As you continue to make things up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett was not my hero. I wanted him gone from the get go. Once again you are WRONG.

As you continue to make things up.
no you are correct. It was catch that loved garrett.

at least you we’re on the right side of that one.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
OL

Our best player— Martin— is getting up there. Tyron is one or two years away from retirement.

After developing them as players— We let Williams and Collins walk last year, McG this offseason. Depth is thin.

Biadasz will be looking for a payday— and while he has been solid— he is not a dominant player at his position.

Steele is coming off injury and is yet unsigned. Ball looks like a whiff, and Waletzko and Farniok may have flashed a bit, but are far from sure bets.

Throw in a coaching change to Solari, and I think this unit is in need of some strategic attention.Yes, Tyler Smith is looking good. Yes, we should be good for 2023 and maybe 2024. But this OL will need to be restocked and developed and is an underrated need as we head into the draft.
You’re always trying to upgrade your roster. And the Cowboys will do so this upcoming draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Connor Williams and McG were taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds respectively. And were called “blinking red lights” on the draft board bc they were supposedly “great value” there.

And, well— you get my point lol
I don’t know how I feel about them part of me was ok with those picks even in hindsight. My only issue with Connor was those penalties his last year.

Redline360

Reaction score
People act like Dak plays behind the worse OL in football on this forum. They routinely still rank as a top 10 OL the last several years and were arguably the best OL Daks first and second year.

But yes I agree, the OL should be addressed in the next couple of years

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unlike you, I am man enough to admit when I was wrong.
I was not wrong, so nothing to admit. :laugh:

Well, I was wrong about Taco Chartlon, though at the time I thought he was an ok pick. Not over Watt, but overall I understood why.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Yawn..........I mean doesnt this act of yours get old already? LOL

Dak is not elite, most QB's arent. The next QB we draft probably wont be elite either. So what you need is a great Oline to give the QB protection, time and a good run game.

Same with Romo, same with Dak , Same with Aikman.

Do you really think the next QB we are going to draft is going be the next Mahomes?

Learn the game of football.

You trolls act like spoiled little kids crying that nothing will do but Mahomes or Brady.

It really is comical.
No Roy it doesn’t..not until you admit your savior qb sucks

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was not wrong, so nothing to admit. :laugh:

Well, I was wrong about Taco Chartlon, though at the time I thought he was an ok pick. Not over Watt, but overall I understood why.
You were 100% dead wrong about Zeke and 100% dead wrong about Pollard and the whole board knows it.

Laughing in your own face and being a liar about it wont make it go away. :lmao::lmao:

And as you continue to lie I will make sure the whole board continues to remember all of it.

Once you are man enough to admit you were wrong about both players I will stop riding you about it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No Roy it doesn’t..not until you admit your savior qb sucks
Savior? LOL

Dak's a top 10 QB Just like Romo was. Nothing more, nothing less.

If that fact bothers you, its not my problem. Will you cry when he gets an extension?

manster4ever

Reaction score
THIS might be sacrilege but why not explore trading Martin right now while he is still in his prime? Get prime draft capital. Call the cards and see if we can trade him for DHOP and maybe a 1st rd pick this year and in 2024. They need a guard badly. Our line is in flux already, so why not just do this? Will we run the tires of Martin and get 0 back in return? Is that the plan? This might get folks upset at me, but I said it.
no

Rayman70

Reaction score
so, use him til he is shot? Has 0 trade value? I see. You subscribe to the Jerry way? Im not trying to be disrespectful, but aren't u at least a bit tired of getting very little back in return if anything after we are done with a player? I'm just saying, its worth discussing next year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were 100% dead wrong about Zeke and 100% dead wrong about Pollard and the whole board knows it.

Laughing in your own face and being a liar about it wont make it go away. :lmao::lmao:

And as you continue to lie I will make sure the whole board continues to remember all of it.

Once you are man enough to admit you were wrong about both players I will stop riding you about it.
Stop, you are embarrassing yourself. As usual you are still wrong About me. But hey, if it makes you feel better.
I guess you rather harass me than talk real football. As you hatred toward myself and Zeke is overbearing.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I think dallas tries to draft oline every year. Maybe not 1st or 2nd.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stop, you are embarrassing yourself. As usual you are still wrong About me. But hey, if it makes you feel better.
I guess you rather harass me than talk real football. As you hatred toward myself and Zeke is overbearing.
Im embarrassing you and your embarrassing yourself. EVERYONE on here knows your a Zeke homer and you dissed Pollard because of it. Lying about it isnt working.

Be a man and admit how wrong you were.

Pollard just made the pro bowl and got resigned. Zeke has his worst season at 3.8 ypc and just got cut.

Honestly.................how right could you be? :lmao2:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im embarrassing you and your embarrassing yourself. EVERYONE on here knows your a Zeke homer and you dissed Pollard because of it. Lying about it isnt working.

Be a man and admit how wrong you were.

Pollard just made the pro bowl and got resigned. Zeke has his worst season at 3.8 ypc and just got cut.

Honestly.................how right could you be? :lmao2:
What did I ask you about calling me a liar. So stop.

75boyz

Reaction score
THIS might be sacrilege but why not explore trading Martin right now while he is still in his prime? Get prime draft capital. Call the cards and see if we can trade him for DHOP and maybe a 1st rd pick this year and in 2024. They need a guard badly. Our line is in flux already, so why not just do this? Will we run the tires of Martin and get 0 back in return? Is that the plan? This might get folks upset at me, but I said it.
I ain't mad atcha for putting this out there.
Hoodie's philosophy of always better to be a year early than to keep a year late when talking about keeping your good players comes to mind.
Martin could net this type of trade imo but it would be so outside the box and genuinely all in for this FO to pull off something like this that I doubt it.
That's not to say that I still don't support your idea here to swing for the fences while the opportunity exists. Because I do.

These are desperate times calling for desperate measures, aka genuine all in.