The myth of Dak compared to reality

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Honestly I can't recall any other games where Zeke did not start with the exception of the 6 game suspension.....correct me if I'm wrong?

P.S. If I've missed any I'm pretty sure they we're probably dead beat teams going nowhere but the couch for the playoffs....
You are wrong and thats ok, most Dak haters are. That being said do your own research before debating someone on something you know nothing about.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You said he can win without Zeke.

9tds in 8 games hardly backs your point, if at all.
What's his record in those games? Again it's a winning record. I never said he was looking like Brady but this myth that Dak can't win without Zeke is false.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No Joe. Dak's just as guilty as the rest of the team. He threw the pick to Micah Hyde in the GBQB game that ended up being the difference. He was the field general and leader of the offense. Taking the next step is putting the team on your back. Performing when the chips are down. Carrying your team and putting them in position to win.

Dak's not that guy. He's more likely to implode.
You are putting way too much emphasis on one or two games. That's no way to judge a player. Everyone has a bad game every once in a while. It is better to judge individual players with a much bigger sample size if you are remotely interested in fairness which you clearly are not. That's why I look at his whole career win-loss record and see he has won more games than anyone else not named Brady and see a winner. He has put this team on his back several times but of course, you refuse to see it. We are not going to change each other's minds so why continue trying? I judge individual players much more fairly than you do. That's my opinion. You think otherwise. Okay, I'm okay with that. Have a good day.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and my point wasn't to say Dak is better than some of these guys. My point was to show that Dak isn't as terrible as some like to think. I understand it's just rookie seasons and a better comparison would be to show all 3 years and how each QB developed or regressed. Folks will be surprised that Dak is still on pace and even has better stats in some cases. Again not saying he is better but he is a good QB that still has some developing to do.
that's the point. he is about middle of the pack. doesn't mean he is bad, you just have to figure out what his weaknesses are and protect him in that area and play to his strength and surround him with good talent.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I did not say Dak had nothing to do with the lack of offensive production. Dak is the QB so inherently he has something to do with everything on the offense. But he was not the reason we lost. The Rams did their homework and had Scott Linehan's game plan figured out. That was the cause of the so-called "offensive drought". The lack of a running game was certainly not Dak's fault.
Dak missed on some critical plays to wide open receivers that could of have a difference in that tight game. Typical off target throws making things much harder than they should have been. That game was there to be won despite the poor defensive performance.

The defense gave up a ton of yards but managed to keep the score down through most of the game. Dak had many opportunities to show he is the man but he blew those opportunities.

Dak is just as much responsible as the defense or coaching.

The defense or the coaches can't execute the plays on offense.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
wow, lets go get this RB. we need him to back up Zeke.... :muttley:
So you don't think it is a good thing that Dak consistently runs for Touchdowns? Are you not a Cowboys fan? It's crazy to me that people would root for players on our team to fail just to be able to say "see I told you so". Never understood people like that. The guy won Rookie of the year, taken us to the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years, won a playoff game, and has been to 2 Pro Bowls. I think it might be time to admit he's good.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you don't think it is a good thing that Dak consistently runs for Touchdowns? Are you not a Cowboys fan? It's crazy to me that people would root for players on our team to fail just to be able to say "see I told you so". Never understood people like that. The guy won Rookie of the year, taken us to the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years, won a playoff game, and has been to 2 Pro Bowls. I think it might be time to admit he's good.
him running for TDs. won't impress me. can't remember the last time a running QB won a superbowl....he has to impress me with his passing ability......accuracy....reading defenses....ability to throw from the pocket a requirement for all NFL QBs......then I will be impressed.

probowls don't impress me.... recently probowls are nothing but a joke, plus dak went to probowls last year because several other QBs turned it down.....color me not impressed.

he is OK....nothing wrong with that...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak missed on some critical plays to wide open receivers that could of have a difference in that tight game. Typical off target throws making things much harder than they should have been. That game was there to be won despite the poor defensive performance.

The defense gave up a ton of yards but managed to keep the score down through most of the game. Dak had many opportunities to show he is the man but he blew those opportunities.

Dak is just as much responsible as the defense or coaching.

The defense or the coaches can't execute the plays on offense.
So because he had a bad game, he sucks? It's one game. Happens to everyone. Despite being clutch so much of the time in other games? And he did not play that bad either, it just wasn't one of his better performances. Linehan's game plan was figured out by the Rams and without adjustments it was never going to work. Guess who isn't coming back for another season? You must not have been paying attention the last 3 seasons with Dak at QB. You don't have Dak's playing style figure out yet so when he doesn't check the boxes you expect a QB to check, you just write him off. 32 wins in the last 3 seasons. I suggest the deficiency is your analysis and not Dak's game. He's going to keep winning at the same pace or better so, despite your disapproval of him enjoy the wins.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he is 4-3 without zeke, one of those games is proof that he can pass in this league. the game against the giants.

lol I knew it some dead team going nowhere is his winning record difference without Zeke....omg what a talented QB we have .....a pure power house at QB....:omg:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's his record in those games? Again it's a winning record. I never said he was looking like Brady but this myth that Dak can't win without Zeke is false.

Confirm its 4-3 and the game I missed was a win against the Giants.....awaiting your response so I can start my day with a good laugh!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Confirm its 4-3 and the game I missed was a win against the Giants.....awaiting your response so I can start my day with a good laugh!
Is that 4 wins? Which means what........you can't say it huh.........Dak has a winning record without Zeke. It's ok laugh away as most do with silly Dak haters that get proved wrong daily.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and my point wasn't to say Dak is better than some of these guys. My point was to show that Dak isn't as terrible as some like to think. I understand it's just rookie seasons and a better comparison would be to show all 3 years and how each QB developed or regressed. Folks will be surprised that Dak is still on pace and even has better stats in some cases. Again not saying he is better but he is a good QB that still has some developing to do.
Good luck to Dak!
Go Cowboys!