The myth of Dak compared to reality

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I said that a million times... That is the formula for any successful team stopping Dallas. Forcing Dak to win it with his arm, it isn't going to happen very often.

The people that do think he is the franchise QB, and blame the line, Linehan, and the receivers for his issues, don't watch the all-22 videos.

His rookie year, Linehan was fine... The scheme is the way it is to fit the skill set of the QB. Sorry but those are just facts. (and I don't like Linehan)

22nd or 23rd in air yards...

10th longest time to get rid of the football.

The frustration for fans who do not believe in Dak, is the frustration with the fact that being the most valuable franchise, and we haven't found our Brady or Brees.

Those QBs are hard to find...

But not impossible with the right money, and planning.

The only thing people use in defense of Dak are O-line, receivers, coaches, and his win/loss record...

Not real things like air yards, time allowed to throw... stupid things like completion percentage, that means jack... when they are 5 to 7 yard passes, on 3rd and 11...

Do people really think even the dumbest NFL coaches would throw a screen pass on these 3rd and long situations over and over again? I don't care if you think Linehan
was the dumbest OC in history... no one is going to do that without a reason. That reason was simply not trusting Dak.

• Durable? Yes
  • Good person? Maybe... I used to think so, lately I am not sure. Because I think he truly believes he is as good as the best in the NFL. I don't feel he truly thinks he is the reason for any losses.
  • Good at reading defenses? No he is not
  • Holds the ball too long? Yes he does
  • Fumbles too much? Yes he does
  • Worst mechanics of any QB? Probably not... but definitely top 5
  • Good at anticipation of routes? No he is not

People that think he is broke, and living in his car, and want to give him $30mil.
Trust me... he has probably made $10mil in endorsements for just being the Dallas Cowboy's QB. Don't shed tears for Dak, he is far from being on welfare lol.

Do we have any choices other than Dak at this very moment? No we don't...

Does Stephen know that Dak needs a very strong supporting cast to win? Yes he does... That is why he said it needs to be team friendly.

He knows it doesn't do the Cowboys any favors, or Dak to hand him money that costs the team the talent we need to win with him behind center.

But, he also knows Dak brings eyes to the Dallas Cowboys. All those soup commercials, has him wearing a Cowboy's Jersey. ;)

At the end of the day, they are about making money, more than winning Super Bowls.
:clap::):clap:

*any&all past,present,,,er,,, although, not discounting the possibly perceived future problems that are pointedly pertaining to every legion FANDOM'S personal perceptions of that players position (i.e.)#4's perspective of which you've precisely paragraped in pretty durn ner' perfect particulars of ponderations,has plumb paralyzed my pompous profundities of perplexation,,,TOO!

*Well done,bro!,,,For I deem no evil, nor ill intent designed to be imparted thru an efforted attempt of personal bismearchment to the player of subject conversation in yer' DAMN FINE POST:thumbup:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The thing is, that wasn't a bad game for Dak. It was the same game he has played all season. It was the typical Dak game he has shown we can expect week in and week out.
I said it wasn't that bad a game for him. Why do you repeat what I said and expect to be rewarded as if it was some kind of revelation?

Blaming it on the Rams figuring out the game plan is a cop out. It is Dak who has been figured out. We didn't see anything much different from the Rams defense than we saw all season. Stop Zeke and take your chances on Dak.
The Rams figuring out our game plan is a matter of fact and it got Scott Linehan fired. You denying this fact that everyone one else acknowledges only shows your ignorance in the matter.

The offensive game plan could have worked had the QB hit two or three of those wide open receivers. Maybe even gave them a chance to even catch it in stride and make a play. You are seriously ok with Dak's "playing style" being all to often missing on easy throws. Consistently being unproductive through large stretches of games and trying to pull it out at the end, assuming his defense plays lights out giving him the chance?
Not sure what part of the game you are talking about... hitting two of three wide open receivers. The Cowboys had scored on their previous possession and Dak had just picked up a 20-yard completion to tight end Dalton Schultz. After a first-down run by Ezekiel Elliott of just 3 yards, the Cowboys looked to pop a big play on a quick screen to Austin. But he was swarmed for a 2-yard loss. On third down, Dak threw an incomplete pass and that began a streak of four straight series without points. Are you blaming Dak for that spiral down hill?

I suggest your deficiency is in not being able to honestly assess what you are seeing.
I suggest the very same thing about you.

I'm not sure continuing to win at his same pace is such a good thing. Seems to me that pace is trending towards .500 with an early playoff exit, if he gets in. 2016 is pretty well in the rear view.
...and now you suck at math. The pace Dak is on is 10+ wins per season.

One last question. You don't have any problem at all with, in the very same post, giving Dak credit for 32 wins but blame the OC for the loss(es)? C'mon man!
Again you seems to have a problem with cold facts. Dak is credited for 32 wins in his first 3 seasons as a Cowboy? He owns his 16 loses as well. Scott Linehan's firing was never publicly pin pointed to any specific thing but its obvious one of his failings was his predictable game plans and inability to make adjustments when needed. Yes, I'm saying that's what got him fired.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What I don't get is what's so wrong or negative about one player needing talented players on the same team, lol.
Don't they all?

Nobody is saying a player doesn't need players around them, but to play at an acceptable level you need near perfection around you is a problem.

Can you show me Dak's numbers when he lost Smith and Elliott in 2017. Was that acceptable form of play for losing only 2 players?

cern

Reaction score
Nobody is saying a player doesn't need players around them, but to play at an acceptable level you need near perfection around you is a problem.

Can you show me Dak's numbers when he lost Smith and Elliott in 2017. Was that acceptable form of play for losing only 2 players?
and you think losing arguably the best left tackle and running back in the league is no big deal. "only 2 players?"

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I support Dak but no he had a terrible stretch no denying that but why keep up bringing that little stretch when Dak has shown improvement in that area this past season. Why keep using that stretch and not every game where he was missing multiple OL and Zeke.

Dak is still developing and he isn't elite or perfect but he is a very good QB. He has only 3 years in the league and was a comp 4 draft pick. I think he has the potential to be elite once he is fully developed and maybe he never becomes that but we will see.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
How much of a drop off is it from Romo compared to Dak. Other than experience..
Well depends on if you're talking about healthy and in his prime Romo or the end of his career Romo. Eitherway i don't see much of a drop off and some could argue a increase. If talking about just passing the ball, then no Dak isn't there yet but is getting there.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
and you think losing arguably the best left tackle and running back in the league is no big deal. "only 2 players?"

Multiple QBs in this league aren't playing with an Elliott or a Tyron Smith EVERY WEEK and play at acceptable levels for a starting QB.

Again, you are lowering the bar on what it means to be a starting QB in this league. It's one thing to struggle, but Dak was looking like THE worst starting QB in the league at that point. 3 straight games where we didn't put up more than 9 points, in those 6 games Dak had 5 TD pass and 4 of them were without a TD pass. Even with Elliott coming back in the Seattle game, from Atlanta to the Seattle game, he had 4 games with 2 or more turnovers.

Not only was he not scoring, he was also turning the ball over and giving the opposing team points.

Again, it's one thing to need a team, it's an entirely different thing when your individual performance is bottom tier because not every position around you is an all-pro.

cern

Reaction score
I support Dak but no he had a terrible stretch no denying that but why keep up bringing that little stretch when Dak has shown improvement in that area this past season. Why keep using that stretch and not every game where he was missing multiple OL and Zeke.

Dak is still developing and he isn't elite or perfect but he is a very good QB. He has only 3 years in the league and was a comp 4 draft pick. I think he has the potential to be elite once he is fully developed and maybe he never becomes that but we will see.
finishing last year going 7-1 after cooper came here says a lot of positive things about dak. I thought he was impressive. especially leading us to victory in come from behind situations. the thing for which tony was known. and all while being hamstrung by linehan's play calling.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well depends on if you're talking about healthy and in his prime Romo or the end of his career Romo. Eitherway i don't see much of a drop off and some could argue a increase. If talking about just passing the ball, then no Dak isn't there yet but is getting there.
Passing and pocket presence. I am hoping that passing improves with time. But Romo had pocket presence like none other. And I think that’s something we got spoiled with over the years. Those eyes in the back of his head and the Houdini move and huge play down field.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Because that was the argument?

We can then go to 2018 - without a #1 WR (which Dak said he didn't need), he wasn't exactly looking too good, now was he? We got so desperate mid-season, we gave up a first rounder for a disappointing WR just to get Dak playing at an acceptable level again. That was with Smith and Elliott.

This is two seasons in a row where he needed a position being a crutch for him to play well. There is nothing really to debate here, Dak is a bus driver QB - I don't know why people are unwilling to just accept this. We didn't find a Brady or Brees, we didn't even find a Rivers or a Ryan. We found an Alex Smith - we can only hope he stays consistently mediocre.

cern

Reaction score
Multiple QBs in this league aren't playing with an Elliott or a Tyron Smith EVERY WEEK and play at acceptable levels for a starting QB.

Again, you are lowering the bar on what it means to be a starting QB in this league. It's one thing to struggle, but Dak was looking like THE worst starting QB in the league at that point. 3 straight games where we didn't put up more than 9 points, in those 6 games Dak had 5 TD pass and 4 of them were without a TD pass. Even with Elliott coming back in the Seattle game, from Atlanta to the Seattle game, he had 4 games with 2 or more turnovers.

Not only was he not scoring, he was also turning the ball over and giving the opposing team points.

Again, it's one thing to need a team, it's an entirely different thing when your individual performance is bottom tier because not every position around you is an all-pro.
some of this is true. especially turning the ball over. but that's a consequence of trying to do too much.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

We can then go to 2018 - without a #1 WR (which Dak said he didn't need), he wasn't exactly looking too good, now was he? We got so desperate mid-season, we gave up a first rounder for a disappointing WR just to get Dak playing at an acceptable level again. That was with Smith and Elliott.

This is two seasons in a row where he needed a position being a crutch for him to play well. There is nothing really to debate here, Dak is a bus driver QB - I don't know why people are unwilling to just accept this. We didn't find a Brady or Brees, we didn't even find a Rivers or a Ryan. We found an Alex Smith - we can only hope he stays consistently mediocre.
Still *****ing and whining I see. You need to talk to Kraft. He'll hook you up.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Passing and pocket presence. I am hoping that passing improves with time. But Romo had pocket presence like none other. And I think that’s something we got spoiled with over the years. Those eyes in the back of his head and the Houdini move and huge play down field.
Not many players had or have that ability. What Dak needs to do more of is step up in the pocket.......which he did a few times this past season so i see improvement but needs to get better.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Go back and watch week 17 without Tyron, Martin, Frederick or Zeke and make that same dumb argument.

I don't disagree Dak needs to get better but this bs he only needs good players as a crutch is false. Does he need them to play better, yes but that fact is true for anybody that has ever played the game

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Man, I know most are past being tired of hearing me state this but: the #9 would've had the #89's stats up to pro bowl calibre consideration,,,last season, easily!
* ,,,er,,,although, just like religions & conspiracy theories, it can neither be proven nor dispelled,,,entirely,,, ya know?,,, Still,I'm just sayingo_O