The myth of Dak compared to reality

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that 4 wins? Which means what........you can't say it huh.........Dak has a winning record without Zeke. It's ok laugh away as most do with silly Dak haters that get proved wrong daily.

Pathetic man and ya for laughs for sure for sure!
2 wins against the Dead Giants and skins and a barely last sec win (Thank you Heath) vrs another going nowhere team da Raiders...and you're boasting that he wins without Zeke.....
One word....PATHETIC!!!!

Johnny23

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that Dak being 4-4 without Zeke when other top tier franchise QB's are winning 60,70,80 perfect of their games without a back close to him week in and week gets praised. Especially when it shows what he is an average QB that tieters on below average without all-pro caliber weapons.

Dak's basically a Brian Hoyer or Ryan Fitzpatrick (sans the massive turnovers ratio).

Except when he does turn it over it's at the worst possible time. Which makes his turnovers very detrimental. In that they come in crucial moments late in games.

There's a reason Fitzpatrick is on his umteenth team and Hours back to backing up Brady. Even though they're guys who have started.

I don't give that guy 25+ million a year.

Kansas City took Mahomes and traded an established starter in Alex Smith. They went from wildcard and divisional round out to Super Bowl contender and their first Conference championship game since Joe Cool's big comeback year in 1993.

Three years in I think more astute General Managers know what they've got in Dak. Might franchise him after the season and possibly let him walk. Washington gets flack but thet were smart to let Cousins walk it's that they doubled down on stupid signing Smith.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
You are wrong and thats ok, most Dak haters are. That being said do your own research before debating someone on something you know nothing about.
Your fetish for Dak is controlling your life. Literally all you do is post about him every damn day since he's been drafted. It's disgusting and pathetic. Imagine being obsessed over a bum lmao

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, stats matter and even more important in such evaluations are tendencies they shed light on. I don't discount those at all and think that they have a place in the game for sure. I just don't think that it serves the discussion when you suggest that stats prove that what you see is irrelevant. That's just as bad as suggesting that stats don't matter, to me.

Both of those statements are deeply flawed IMO.
Yer' a pretty awesome forum fellow ,who posts in the concise rationality of foundationally sound clarity:starspin:

* which is ,well, sound wisdom on my end in clicking the
"Following You" ( in cyber stalkerish fashion?,,, Naw! not like that)
I can say youre looking at it from a biased lens as well

Poor Accuracy: Really? Do I really have to delve into this? Did you ignore that 20 min long video of those Dak throws to Dez? Ima just leave you with this here
p61A1rJ.jpg

Poor Leadership: Telling your star receiver you need to leave the ball in his facemask so he can catch it is poor leadership. Especially when said receiver hasnt uttered a word about his QBs poor play

Panicking: Youre going to tell me with a straight face that Dak is calm in the pocket under pressure? How often do you see Dak step up in the pocket when theres pressure? He constantly does that goofy spin move where He turns away from his receivers.

Its sad that Dak is free of criticism from you stans

To be fair Willie B,,,I do recall witnessing the #4 stepping up&into the pocket to fire bulls-eyes a couple of times in this past season's scheduled game play,,,er,,,just saying,ya know?o_O

Swagger

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that Dak being 4-4 without Zeke when other top tier franchise QB's are winning 60,70,80 perfect of their games without a back close to him week in and week gets praised. Especially when it shows what he is an average QB that tieters on below average without all-pro caliber weapons.

Dak's basically a Brian Hoyer or Ryan Fitzpatrick (sans the massive turnovers ratio).

Except when he does turn it over it's at the worst possible time. Which makes his turnovers very detrimental. In that they come in crucial moments late in games.

There's a reason Fitzpatrick is on his umteenth team and Hours back to backing up Brady. Even though they're guys who have started.

Kansas City took Mahomes and traded an established starter in Alex Smith. They went from wildcard and divisional round out to Super Bowl contender and their first Conference championship game since Joe Cool's big comeback year in 1993.

Three years in I think more astute General Managers know what they've got in Dak. Might franchise him after the season and possibly let him walk. Washington gets flack but thet were smart to let Cousins walk it's that they doubled down on stupid signing Smith.

Fantastic post

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Pathetic man and ya for laughs for sure for sure!
2 wins against the Dead Giants and skins and a barely last sec win (Thank you Heath) vrs another going nowhere team da Raiders...and you're boasting that he wins without Zeke.....
One word....PATHETIC!!!!
Still can't say it huh. That is what's pathetic that you hate a player and has nothing to do with his ability on a football field.

Brax

Reaction score
You won’t be laughing when he gets the long term contract he earned. :yourock::yourock::yourock:
Chances of him getting a contract extension are pretty good, I do agree with you on that, is it the right thing to do I am sure we will disagree as I believe 2 more years before that decision should be made. It can do damage to the future by extending him now, 23 years whats another 5 or 6 to you because you really really like Dak and would rather invest now in average instead of waiting 2 more years to see what improvements are on the horizon with him, not the smart move in my book when you can save $$$ over 2 years and have a complete view of Dak's skill set. If he is really improved pay him if not you didn't waste the money.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

100 percent agree, good post

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Chances of him getting a contract extension are pretty good, I do agree with you on that, is it the right thing to do I am sure we will disagree as I believe 2 more years before that decision should be made. It can do damage to the future by extending him now, 23 years whats another 5 or 6 to you because you really really like Dak and would rather invest now in average instead of waiting 2 more years to see what improvements are on the horizon with him, not the smart move in my book when you can save $$$ over 2 years and have a complete view of Dak's skill set. If he is really improved pay him if not you didn't waste the money.

I understand you are hesitant. Others are as well. Im not. We are lucky to have found a QB like Dak so quickly and only in the 4th round. Now if your hoping for Mahones type talent, then you will simply be disappointed. I dont think Dak will ever be elite. He has some elite traits, but he will never be a Romo or Brees in a pure passing regard.

Brax

Reaction score
I understand you are hesitant. Others are as well. Im not. We are lucky to have found a QB like Dak so quickly and only in the 4th round. Now if your hoping for Mahones type talent, then you will simply be disappointed. I dont think Dak will ever be elite. He has some elite traits, but he will never be a Romo or Brees in a pure passing regard.
I have no problem with Dak if he proves to be the QB many want him to be I just am not sold at this point of his career, I just want to wait 2 more years, yes Dallas got lucky with him,- to me just how lucky has yet to be seen, hence the cautious approach should be taken with him in my view.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yer' a pretty awesome forum fellow ,who posts in the concise rationality of foundationally sound clarity:starspin:

* which is ,well, sound wisdom on my end in clicking the
"Following You" ( in cyber stalkerish fashion?,,, Naw! not like that)

Thank you Senior. To be honest, it's probably more of a Dog, Sun, Backside kinda think but still, appreciate the words!

;)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So because he had a bad game, he sucks? It's one game. Happens to everyone. Despite being clutch so much of the time in other games? And he did not play that bad either, it just wasn't one of his better performances. Linehan's game plan was figured out by the Rams and without adjustments it was never going to work. Guess who isn't coming back for another season? You must not have been paying attention the last 3 seasons with Dak at QB. You don't have Dak's playing style figure out yet so when he doesn't check the boxes you expect a QB to check, you just write him off. 32 wins in the last 3 seasons. I suggest the deficiency is your analysis and not Dak's game. He's going to keep winning at the same pace or better so, despite your disapproval of him enjoy the wins.
The thing is, that wasn't a bad game for Dak. It was the same game he has played all season. It was the typical Dak game he has shown we can expect week in and week out.

Blaming it on the Rams figuring out the game plan is a cop out. It is Dak who has been figured out. We didn't see anything much different from the Rams defense than we saw all season. Stop Zeke and take your chances on Dak.

The offensive game plan could have worked had the QB hit two or three of those wide open receivers. Maybe even gave them a chance to even catch it in stride and make a play. You are seriously ok with Dak's "playing style" being all to often missing on easy throws. Consistently being unproductive through large stretches of games and trying to pull it out at the end, assuming his defense plays lights out giving him the chance?

I suggest your deficiency is in not being able to honestly assess what you are seeing.

I'm not sure continuing to win at his same pace is such a good thing. Seems to me that pace is trending towards .500 with an early playoff exit, if he gets in. 2016 is pretty well in the rear view.

One last question. You don't have any problem at all with, in the very same post, giving Dak credit for 32 wins but blame the OC for the loss(es)? C'mon man!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You do realize that you are arguing with yourself yes? You said, if a coach or scout sees a player, they check stats. You said nothing about going to go see a player play in person. That's crap you made up just now to try and pull your foot out. You said it. Just admit it and move on, or not. Either way, I'm done with this, not gonna argue with you after you yourself proved the point with your own words.

Have a good day.

I haven't changed a single thing that I originally said. That is IF a player's highlights on some sports show catches the eye of a coach or scout, they check his stats before requesting more tape of that player and then watch that and then decide if they will go see the player in person. If the stats don't validate that highlight, they either just move on or file it under if or when they have some free time. What they don't do is what you suggested as right after seeing the highlight they run off to see the player in person. or make their determination of the "eye test" just from the highlights. Ity has been you who has tried and failed to turn what I said into something else. But according to your last TWO comments you're done so I guess this is it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Thank you Senior. To be honest, it's probably more of a Dog, Sun, Backside kinda think but still, appreciate the words!

;)

:lmao:LMAO:lmao:
BWAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAaaaaaa,,,Copy!,,,er ,,, as I sometimes,also, feel the ongoing Sunburn in that particular A.O. ,,,as well,,, Although, I've always taken into consideration my fondness fer' Mexican cuisineo_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

zerofill

Reaction score
Stop Zeke and take your chances on Dak.

I said that a million times... That is the formula for any successful team stopping Dallas. Forcing Dak to win it with his arm, it isn't going to happen very often.

The people that do think he is the franchise QB, and blame the line, Linehan, and the receivers for his issues, don't watch the all-22 videos.

His rookie year, Linehan was fine... The scheme is the way it is to fit the skill set of the QB. Sorry but those are just facts. (and I don't like Linehan)

22nd or 23rd in air yards...

10th longest time to get rid of the football.

The frustration for fans who do not believe in Dak, is the frustration with the fact that being the most valuable franchise, and we haven't found our Brady or Brees.

Those QBs are hard to find...

But not impossible with the right money, and planning.

The only thing people use in defense of Dak are O-line, receivers, coaches, and his win/loss record...

Not real things like air yards, time allowed to throw... stupid things like completion percentage, that means jack... when they are 5 to 7 yard passes, on 3rd and 11...

Do people really think even the dumbest NFL coaches would throw a screen pass on these 3rd and long situations over and over again? I don't care if you think Linehan
was the dumbest OC in history... no one is going to do that without a reason. That reason was simply not trusting Dak.

• Durable? Yes
  • Good person? Maybe... I used to think so, lately I am not sure. Because I think he truly believes he is as good as the best in the NFL. I don't feel he truly thinks he is the reason for any losses.
  • Good at reading defenses? No he is not
  • Holds the ball too long? Yes he does
  • Fumbles too much? Yes he does
  • Worst mechanics of any QB? Probably not... but definitely top 5
  • Good at anticipation of routes? No he is not

People that think he is broke, and living in his car, and want to give him $30mil.
Trust me... he has probably made $10mil in endorsements for just being the Dallas Cowboy's QB. Don't shed tears for Dak, he is far from being on welfare lol.

Do we have any choices other than Dak at this very moment? No we don't...

Does Stephen know that Dak needs a very strong supporting cast to win? Yes he does... That is why he said it needs to be team friendly.

He knows it doesn't do the Cowboys any favors, or Dak to hand him money that costs the team the talent we need to win with him behind center.

But, he also knows Dak brings eyes to the Dallas Cowboys. All those soup commercials, has him wearing a Cowboy's Jersey. ;)

At the end of the day, they are about making money, more than winning Super Bowls.

Swagger

Reaction score
Objectively speaking, if the people
I said that a million times... That is the formula for any successful team stopping Dallas. Forcing Dak to win it with his arm, it isn't going to happen very often.

The people that do think he is the franchise QB, and blame the line, Linehan, and the receivers for his issues, don't watch the all-22 videos.

His rookie year, Linehan was fine... The scheme is the way it is to fit the skill set of the QB. Sorry but those are just facts. (and I don't like Linehan)

The frustration for fans who do not believe in Dak, is the frustration with the fact that being the most valuable franchise, and we haven't found our Brady or Brees.

The only thing people use in defense of Dak are O-line, receivers, coaches, and his win/loss record...

Not real things like air yards, time allowed to throw... stupid things like completion percentage, that means jack... when they are 5 to 7 yard passes, on 3rd and 11...

Do people really think even the dumbest NFL coaches would throw a screen pass on these 3rd and long situations over and over again? I don't care if you think Linehan
was the dumbest OC in history... no one is going to do that without a reason. That reason was simply not trusting Dak.

• Durable? Yes
  • Good person? Maybe... I used to think so, lately I am not sure. Because I think he truly believes he is as good as the best in the NFL. I don't feel he truly thinks he is the reason for any losses.

People that think he is broke, and living in his car, and want to give him $30mil.
Trust me... he has probably made $10mil in endorsements for just being the Dallas Cowboy's QB. Don't shed tears for Dak, he is far from being on welfare lol.

Does Stephen know that Dak needs a very strong supporting cast to win? Yes he does... That is why he said it needs to be team friendly.

He knows it doesn't do the Cowboys any favors, or Dak to hand him money that costs the team the talent we need to win with him behind center.

But, he also knows Dak brings eyes to the Dallas Cowboys. All those soup commercials, has him wearing a Cowboy's Jersey. ;)

At the end of the day, they are about making money, more than winning Super Bowls.

Sensational post.

Pleasing to see people understanding football.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cowboy's fans when Romo played: "Romo sucks."

Cowboys fans after he retired: "Romo never had an O-line, Romo never had a RB, Romo never had a defense, Romo never had elite coaching."

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

• Durable? Yes

Good Post!

You forgot to mention the 1 and most important talent a QB needs that unfortunately for us Dak doesn't have......ACCURACY.....

glimmerman

Reaction score
Cowboy's fans when Romo played: "Romo sucks."

Cowboys fans after he retired: "Romo never had an O-line, Romo never had a RB, Romo never had a defense, Romo never had elite coaching."
Same thing with a new QB. This one isn’t accurate and needs a good team around him to win.

Reactions: G2