The Never-Going-to-be-Happy-About-a-Win thread **merged**

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Zero disagreement friend.

I appreciate his hard running and acknowledge that he is the best RB on the team by far, but:
No- you cannot keep putting that ball in the other teams hands.
It will bite- especially against an offense that isn't harboring a 3rd string QB, or another QB that should be 3rd string.

They will get bitten if this keeps happening and get bitten hard.

One effective message would be to let Randle get the first reps of the first series in the very next game. The only problem with that is you're sending a message that only Romo is exempt from errors. The positive is that Murray will play pissed off as soon as he gets his chance to redeem himself. Decisions decisions lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
One effective message would be to let Randle get the first reps of the first series in the very next game. The only problem with that is you're sending a message that only Romo is exempt from errors. The positive is that Murray will play pissed off as soon as he gets his chance to redeem himself. Decisions decisions lol

It's a sticky wicket, to be sure, but INT's are the name of the game.
Every throw is a risk and everyone knows it- The ball is in the air and up for anyone's grab.
The last thing you want though is an RB to fumble every single game.
The ball is firmly in his hands- not to be straight taken away from him.

And it has been straight taken away from him- one way or another.

He needs that drilled into his skull apparently since it should have been clear since before game one.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Because he's a Cowboys fan, you big baby, and he sticks with his team no matter what.

I've spent the better part of 20 years knowing this team is dead and will remain so until the owner changes.

And you would have a good argument but Jerry is the constant, the players have changed, so why the hell bag on Romo incessantly (not you specifically) when he is obviously a product of the organization he plays in. He just passed Y.A. Title and Terry Bradshaw in career TD's today, is that a mistake? Really, is that a freaking fluke? What -- he got lucky? He had an owner who publicly stated he wasn't going to fix the offensive line when it sucked because, "Our quarterback can make plays back there that affords us to upgrade elsewhere."

So now we've got what's going to be a great offensive line for years to come and we have to wait for the defense and again what's the constant? I've said many times there are about twelve people on this entire planet who can play that position at a high level. How anybody can blame Tony Romo for not winning Super Bowls in the environment he's been in is beyond me unless their kids in high school who just love to rant.

Emotion is easy.
Logic takes work.

Sadly, you've got another 20 years ahead of you...us.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It's a sticky wicket, to be sure, but INT's are the name of the game.
Every throw is a risk and everyone knows it- The ball is in the air and up for anyone's grab.
The last thing you want though is an RB to fumble every single game.
The ball is firmly in his hands- not to be straight taken away from him.

And it has been straight taken away from him- one way or another.

He needs that drilled into his skull apparently since it should have been clear since before game one.

827807012.gif

I believe they realize he's very hard on himself already...

joseephuss

Reaction score
Starting QBs are exempt from errors. If you don't have a starting QB you trust to overcome their errors then you don't have a starting QB.

You don't set Murray, either. At least not yet. It is a concern at this point, but you don't make it worse by sitting him and really getting inside his head and knocking at this confidence. If you look at Murray's reactions he knows the importance of the fumbles and is taking it seriously. Sitting him doesn't teach him something he doesn't already know. It is not about teaching lessons. It is about fixing the issue.

lwehlers

Reaction score
murrays turning the ball over every game so far is a huge concern but the problem is who else do we trust to run the football. i do not trust randle he does not read his blocks as fast as murray can. dunbar is a third down back. murray makes half of his yards on his own. i really hope he finds a way to fix his fumbling. romo is what he is. always good for one bonehead throw a game we have always had to live with that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
827807012.gif

I believe they realize he's very hard on himself already...

I'm sure he is.
Not hard enough to not fumble four times in the last four games though.

Maybe that's harsh, but I don't care.
KEEP
THE
BALL
IN
YOUR
HANDS/ARMS/BODY-

I don't care- keep it away from the other team.
At least not four times in four games and counting.

Teams are keying on that now.
They are playing to strip instead of tackling and although that should be an advantage for him-
It's working.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's most definitely a problem.
I'm sure there will be some heart-to-hearts with Murray this week and if they already happened last week and he still fumbled...

Trust has to be lost.
It just has to be.

We have no say in this equation, but I am terribly disappointed in Murray's consistent fumbling and hope that a solution is found sooner rather than later.

On the nosey. :hammer:

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
right after the fumble and subsequent touchdown after the turnover i was pretty much feeling the way you were. but another 100 yard game is still very important too. he's not gonna fumble EVERY game.

I feel that it's time to call up Ryans and give Randle a share. They can't absorb this kind of turnover as frequently as it has occurred and make the playoffs. Murray has size and speed. Decent vision, but this line is good enough that others can produce just as good.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I would have benched him last week for it and the team probably wouldn't have missed a beat the way they were manhandling the Titans up front.

The message has to be sent that either you protect the football or you don't play. It's that simple.

Yep. Gotta be consequences at times.