The Never-Going-to-be-Happy-About-a-Win thread **merged**

joseephuss

Reaction score
I feel that it's time to call up Ryans and give Randle a share. They can't absorb this kind of turnover as frequently as it has occurred and make the playoffs. Murray has size and speed. Decent vision, but this line is good enough that others can produce just as good.

That is pure speculation that the other guys can produce just as well. Can they pass protect as well also? Who do you cut to activate Ryans? Are you suggesting cutting Murray?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's a sticky wicket, to be sure, but INT's are the name of the game.
Every throw is a risk and everyone knows it- The ball is in the air and up for anyone's grab.
The last thing you want though is an RB to fumble every single game.
The ball is firmly in his hands- not to be straight taken away from him.

And it has been straight taken away from him- one way or another.

He needs that drilled into his skull apparently since it should have been clear since before game one.

Fumbles are part of the game, too, Barrister. I like the sticky wicket part. Sit his butt on the bench for a few series.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Fumbles are part of the game, too, Barrister. I like the sticky wicket part. Sit his butt on the bench for a few series.

I get that, but there's a difference between a defender making a good play on the ball-
which is in the air being launched by one individual to be caught by a second individual-

And just straight taking it away from a player's arms who should not be bobbling the rock, no uncertainty, it is there- in the guys hands/arms being held "firm".

That is completely different and should happen at a much lower rate than a throw into the air where nobody has any certainty except to go get that ball that nobody has a hand on.

I dig your appreciation of the Sticky Wick comment.
I thought that you, of all posters here would.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Because he's a Cowboys fan, you big baby, and he sticks with his team no matter what.

I've spent the better part of 20 years knowing this team is dead and will remain so until the owner changes.

He said "He's done", "We have no shot", "We aren't going to win a playoff game", the win means "Nothing". Pretty odd after one of the biggest comebacks in Dallas Cowboys history. If he believes all that, why post and invest so much time, why even watch the game? Just check the scores the next day or next month.

As far as you go Risen, Attitude is everything my man and yours stinks.

At some point we'll wind up winning and you'll still be miserable. So go ahead and keep up your negative pessimistic ways. Misery loves company and I'm sure you'll make lots of friends, and get lots of likes..

I feel sorry for you and hope you get some help. I mean that sincerely.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I get that, but there's a difference between a defender making a good play on the ball-
which is in the air being launched by one individual to be caught by a second individual-

And just straight taking it away from a players arms who should not be bobbling the rock, no uncertainty, it is there- in the guys hands/arms being held "firm".

That is completely different and should happen at a much lower rate than a throw into the air where nobody has any certainty except to go get that ball that nobody has a hand on.

I would imagine or hope that if Murray fumbles against the Aints we will see Randle take over for a full qtr unless he gets Romo killed by whiffing on a block...

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
That is pure speculation that the other guys can produce just as well. Can they pass protect as well also? Who do you cut to activate Ryans? Are you suggesting cutting Murray?

Randle has a 6.0 average per rush. Demarco 5.6. Sounds comparable to me. Send Clutts down.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would imagine or hope that if Murray fumbles against the Aints we will see Randle take over for a full qtr unless he gets Romo killed by whiffing on a block...

Now that's the thing and why I can't rail into Garrett over this and have not and will not-
Murray is the best back on the team to help protect Romo-
And it's not even close.

That is bigger than many know.
I know Garrett considers this and has to almost resign himself to what he has- despite the fumbles.

It pretty much stinks, but it is what it is.

Derinyar

Reaction score
It seems like Murray is getting sloppy on his ball handling technique. He's getting the ball slapped out by somewhat weak contact, in NFL terms.

Brooksey

Reaction score
You think just because they got lucky and squeaked it out, against THE RAMS, that somehow the Dallas Cowboys and Romo will continue to do that, it's like you haven't been watching these last 4 or 5 years.....or choose just to keep your head in the sand. .

I've been watching the last 4-5 years and we always lose this game. Today we won, it's a step in the right direction.

waving monkey

Reaction score
We have the prolific Saints O next week and the ownership of this team Sean Peyton has had on us, since he left...if this nobody QB that looked 16 and was maybe only a few yrs older than that, carved us up like he did today, what the H will Brees and Jimmy Graham do to us next Sun night?? The only saving grace is I think we'll be able to run for 200+ yds on them easily and keep him off the field alot...

who won today ?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

And just straight taking it away from a player's arms who should not be bobbling the rock, no uncertainty, it is there- in the guys hands/arms being held "firm".

I agree with you and understand your comments.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I've been watching the last 4-5 years and we always lose this game. Today we won, it's a step in the right direction.

Not saying you're right or wrong on beliefs but your statement is untrue. The JG era has been nothing but games of slow starts and crazy second half comebacks. We have won some. We've lost others. I think what many are saying is that the games are microcosms of the seasons under JG. A tale of two teams that ends up .500. It psychological. I grew up watching in the mid to late 70s. We were in the middle of 20 straight winning seasons. Even under Danny White people expected SBs. The reality is that the late 80s was a transition and blip to the early 90s teams. So to be in the slump we are now wears on people. Do I want us to win? Sure. Do I want us to win and be headed towards something? Definitely. That's the rub. Today is like the last 3-4 years so you can't hold it against people if a comeback vs the Rams doesn't mark a turnaround. It's simply a pattern that had to be shown it can be broken.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Not saying you're right or wrong on beliefs but your statement is untrue. The JG era has been nothing but games of slow starts and crazy second half comebacks. We have won some. We've lost others. I think what many are saying is that the games are microcosms of the seasons under JG. A tale of two teams that ends up .500. It psychological. I grew up watching in the mid to late 70s. We were in the middle of 20 straight winning seasons. Even under Danny White people expected SBs. The reality is that the late 80s was a transition and blip to the early 90s teams. So to be in the slump we are now wears on people. Do I want us to win? Sure. Do I want us to win and be headed towards something? Definitely. That's the rub. Today is like the last 3-4 years so you can't hold it against people if a comeback vs the Rams doesn't mark a turnaround. It's simply a pattern that had to be shown it can be broken.

We have lost quite a few close games in the JG era, usually blowing big leads but today we made a hell of a comeback and won a close one.

The movement I saw from Romo today, IMO our offense is going to get better and our defense is going to get healthier, let's see what happens.

black label

Reaction score
It's a crazy league. It's absolutely pathetic to fall behind that Rams team by 3 touchdowns but you still credit the comeback. You just don't let that fool you into thinking this team is any good. I can almost smell them thru the television.

I'll still be living and dying on every play next Sunday Night against the Saints regardless.
QgLlp.gif

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

And that's fair as well as reasonable. You are looking at the overall picture and I think he was looking at this one game; I think. I'm not sure you can compare today's game to yesteryear's.

Last edited:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We have lost quite a few close games in the JG era, usually blowing big leads but today we made a hell of a comeback and won a close one.

The movement I saw from Romo today, IMO our offense is going to get better and our defense is going to get healthier, let's see what happens.

Agree. I don't look at it as me being negative. It's more a "lets wait and see if a positive pattern develops" vs "this is what we've seen before" If they take a bunch of scrubs on D and somehow turn it around, awesome.. As for right now I'm more reserved due to the last few years.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
After nearly a full half of offensive ineptitude today, our offense turned it on better than I've seen us perform in a while. We had the foot on the gas pedal and orchestrated one effective, efficient drive after another.

I'm still highly concerned about Romo. Even though his movement seems more labored (and understandably so), he's still generally mobile enough in the pocket to be effective. But his throws continue to be a problem, namely that duck on a wide-open pass to Williams down the sideline. Romo has had a few awful turnovers, but he otherwise has done a nice job of playing game manager this season (somewhat of a contradiction, I know). He had a terrific completion percentage today, but man, some of the misses look so bad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We're a bottom half team in the NFC. Is what it is. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the win though

If Jason Garrett could have his team prepared to play a football game then we may have a shot at this division.

I'm tired of watching Dallas dig a huge hole early in games.