The NFC East Race

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I feel like the NFC East is going to be a slug fest this season. I guess it usually always is but for some reason I feel like this season is going to be a major battle between teams.

I know the Eagles are stacked but for some reason the Giants kind of scare me. I feel like they had a very good draft and they have some solid pieces already in place. I know Eli is in the downside of his career but I think he is still capable. Plus, he is going to finally have a running game to lean on. The Commanders, well, they're the Commanders. Never really great but good enough to give you a loss.

What team worries you the most?

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I think the Eagles are still the team to beat they have the most talent. I agree with you on the Giants their O-line should be better and with a run game and OBJ back and their TE in his second year could be a scary offense with a pretty good D. I like what the Skins did in the draft especially with the DTs should be strong against the run and I like their RBs but their TE can’t stay healthy and they don’t have very good WRs and I think they downgraded at QB.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
It's gonna be a battle alright.
Dallas needs to come out like gangbusters.
Prescott has to be efficient and help lead
a productive passing attack to complement
Zeke and the five hogs up front.
Do that, and field a top 10 defense and
then they have a chance to compete.

Easy enough, right?

aria

Reaction score
Eagles first due to them having something like 20 of 22 returning starters plus added Bennett. I put us next, flirting around the 9-11 win mark. The Giants and Commanders wil be a toss up but i’ll go with the Giants. Eli is on the downside but this will be the best O line and running game he’s had in years although it won’t be nearly as good as ours. We lose two O linemen and everything goes to hell, he had 4-5 Greens on his line with no running game and one of the worst LT’s in the game. Surely they won’t be as bad as last year.

Having said that, they have a new coach/O coordinator and D coordinator which are huge upgrades from last year but a bunch of new players playing under new coaches and new playbooks...I just don’t see them winning more than 8 at best, especially because they have a tougher schedule than we do. I may be more worried about them in 2 years but we’ll also be better in 2 years.

The Skins are and will be the Skins. The same mediocre to bottom dwelling team they always have been. People want to complain about JG, especially time management and poor decisions? I’ll take him over the incompetent Gruden any day. Their D will be slightly improved with the draft but that’s about it. I’m not so sure Smith is an upgrade or even at par with Cousins. They’ll be irrelevant as always.

Carson

Reaction score
This year

Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Skins

I’m weary on the Eagles and the lack of back to back winners in the East.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I can't wait for the race to begin. hopefully the added talent and continued player development will come together in a great training camp giving us an inside pole position.... start your engines:thumbup:

Them

Reaction score
...The Boys will be in the race...especially if they can get some help in the defensive secondary!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Looks like everyone else will be playing for 2nd place behind the Boo Birds.

They have by far the best defense and looks like best QB in division.Both championship qualities.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel like the NFC East is going to be a slug fest this season. I guess it usually always is but for some reason I feel like this season is going to be a major battle between teams.

I know the Eagles are stacked but for some reason the Giants kind of scare me. I feel like they had a very good draft and they have some solid pieces already in place. I know Eli is in the downside of his career but I think he is still capable. Plus, he is going to finally have a running game to lean on. The Commanders, well, they're the Commanders. Never really great but good enough to give you a loss.

What team worries you the most?
The Cowboys worry me the most! Lol!!!

aria

Reaction score
Eagles had everything go right last year. That seldom happens two years in a row.
Like what? Their star QB and possible league MVP having a season ending injury prior to the playoffs?

I know the NFCE hasn’t had a repeat winner in years but I’m still siding with the Eagles. They just won the SB and have the majority of players returning from that team. They also added depth to their already stout D line. On the other hand, we have question marks all over the place, they don’t. I hope I’m wrong but I won’t be betting against the Eagles not winning the NFCE again, this is different from years past.

aria

Reaction score
I know. They did. DL injuries might hurt them more than anything else. They also play a first place schedule. They also will get everyone's "best game" every week. That takes a toll on a team.
But but but....we have Goodell working against us, we have Mara working against us, we have the officials working against us. My oh my ;)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as I feel this team is in good shape, is the same reason I feel it is still stuck in the process, year 8.

Eagles still the team to beat, and that pains me to say that. But not putting on rose colored glasses either.
We are a close 2nd with the giants right on our tail, if things work out for them. And that is because the Commanders are that far below both us and the Giants. But if things go right for them, they can be a spoiler.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Cowboys answers made me laugh. :laugh:
I guess that was a subconscious answer though as they always make us worry the most. haha :D