The NFC East Race

trickamsterdam

Reaction score
I feel like the NFC East is going to be a slug fest this season. I guess it usually always is but for some reason I feel like this season is going to be a major battle between teams.

I know the Eagles are stacked but for some reason the Giants kind of scare me. I feel like they had a very good draft and they have some solid pieces already in place. I know Eli is in the downside of his career but I think he is still capable. Plus, he is going to finally have a running game to lean on. The Commanders, well, they're the Commanders. Never really great but good enough to give you a loss.

What team worries you the most?

I think everybody will between 8-8 and 11-5. Even though that seems like a wide spread, it really isn't. Who wins the close games, who gets the tie-breakers?

Schedules are effectively the same, the idea the Eagles have a "first-place schedule" is basically archaic.

I see it this way for now:

Eagles 11-5
Giants 9-7 (win tie-breaker)
Cowboys 9-7
Commanders 8-8

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't wanna ruin the party but really not very optimistic for this coming season.
Our defense will get better but still not enough to win games for us or keep it tight thru the 4th Quarter.
The offense will now be the no 1 headache for us as our scoring woes will continue and this will either give 3rd place finish or last in the division!

It won't be pretty come next season but there's a flip side as after the storm the pieces will be finally in place come next seasons draft for us to start making them playoff and Superbowl journeys once again!

Sydla

Reaction score
Fortunately for the Eagles they had a good enough QB to get the job done. If they didn't have Foles in the wings it may not have happened.

They won in large part to their line play. If they suffer a couple of injuries in key places where they have no depth it could get ugly.

You guys can slather all over the Eagles if you want but we went 13 and 3 with a 4th round rookie QB that started the entire season. That's far more impressive than foles finishing out the year.

It's not just about the injuries. It's about where they occur and whether you have an adequate backup in place. And that's true for every team.

They lost their starting MLB when they were thin at LB and lost their starting LT and plugged in a 5th round pick as well.

The idea that they had everything go their way is preposterous. They just had a solid coaching staff that didn’t buckle under the pressure of losing key players.

Techsass

Reaction score
Wow when was the last game Dallas had that ended in a tie? That's where his prediction sent my brain to, now I'm really curious.

aria

Reaction score
He's an idiot.
He’s an idiot but I won’t argue with his prediction here, too many unknowns. I don’t know what to expect but I’m oddly more pessimistic about this season than last. Hopefully that will change during pre season.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t think they will be a bottom 12 team.

But it’s not out of the realm here. A suspect coaching staff, a QB that has been up and down, an entire new receiving corps basically, a defense that still has questions.

We were basically 8-8 last year. That last win was a joke. So sure, it’s possible this could be a 7-8 win team again.

Techsass

Reaction score
I don’t think they will be a bottom 12 team.

But it’s not out of the realm here. A suspect coaching staff, a QB that has been up and down, an entire new receiving corps basically, a defense that still has questions.

We were basically 8-8 last year. That last win was a joke. So sure, it’s possible this could be a 7-8 win team again.
It's possible, but I wouldn't put any real money on it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Cowboys win the East.
screw philly......they are gonna get Dak'd and Zeke'd again and again.
:starspin:Our Time:starspin:
:starspin:Our Birth-Right:starspin:
:flagwave:Go Cowboys:flagwave:

Sydla

Reaction score
It's possible, but I wouldn't put any real money on it.

I am going 10 wins, maybe 11 if Prescott has a rookie year type run again.

But 7-8 wins is quite possible, especially if Prescott plays average again.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Cowboys 12-4 and NFCE champs
This is my prediction every year, I've been right twice this decade.
Dak is a worry, and Saquaon Barkley is a worry, we easily shut down the Giants running game last year.
Another worry is the Commanders, I know Cousins was good but he kind of held the Commanders back somehow and I think the Eagles will be a bust this year.

Jipper

Reaction score

He thinks the boys will be in the bottom 12 NFL teams. Yuck

He thinks the nfc east is going to be the 2nd worst division in football with 3 of the bottom 11 teams only behind the afc east...wouldn't give it much thought just go back and listen to that Collin cowherd vid from 2 weeks ago

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Deadskins

Wouldn't shock me though if the Giants and Cowboys switch places. I just don't have a feeling with this team.