The NFC East Race

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Alex Smith is an upgrade over Cousins for one reason---he takes much better care of
Alex Smith is an upgrade over Cousins for one reason---he takes much better care of the ball.

Thanks for the the information on Smith. The only time I see him play is against us. I think we can handle him. Thank goodness he did not bring Kelse or Tyreek hill with him. How do you think captain Kirk Cousins will do in Minnie?

aria

Reaction score
If you don't think scheduling makes a lot of difference you are not being honest with yourself or not paying attention.
I never said that, I replied to another poster but I don’t take back what I said about the constant whining about Goodell purposely trying to make our schedule the most difficult. That’s laughable and ridiculous.

aria

Reaction score
Or the unjustified hate for your boy Mara Jr., am I right?

"Mara Jr. was a good kid..he never did no one wrong!"
**holds up picture of John in 3rd grade**
"He dindu nuthin'!"
Please, show me evidence of how every year our schedule is more difficult than anyone else in the NFCE or you can just sit there and continue to spew your unfounded conspiracy theory.

If you actually believe in schedule difficulty, the Giants had the least days rest of any other team in the NFL last year and have a harder ranked schedule this year than we do yet they were 3-13. Please tell me how Goodell has screwed our schedule last year and this year?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Please, show me evidence of how every year our schedule is more difficult than anyone else in the NFCE or you can just sit there and continue to spew your unfounded conspiracy theory.

If you actually believe in schedule difficulty, the Giants had the least days rest of any other team in the NFL last year and have a harder ranked schedule this year than we do yet they were 3-13. Please tell me how Goodell has screwed our schedule last year and this year?
Nah, bro. You aren't feelin' me correctly. I agree with the hundreds of your posts defending Mara/Goodell while taking every pot-shot you can take at ole' Jerruh. There's absolutely no bias against the Cowboys and any talk of that is just Alex Jones type stuff. You straight, playa'

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Eagles had everything go right last year. That seldom happens two years in a row.
They did? They lost their best player in 3 or 4 different positions including the starting quarterback.

I'm kind of liking us this coming season. It's tough to win back to back For the Eagles.

aria

Reaction score
Nah, bro. You aren't feelin' me correctly. I agree with the hundreds of your posts defending Mara/Goodell while taking every pot-shot you can take at ole' Jerruh. There's absolutely no bias against the Cowboys and any talk of that is just Alex Jones type stuff. You straight, playa'
Glad we could ageee on something “bro”.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I feel like the NFC East is going to be a slug fest this season. I guess it usually always is but for some reason I feel like this season is going to be a major battle between teams.

I know the Eagles are stacked but for some reason the Giants kind of scare me. I feel like they had a very good draft and they have some solid pieces already in place. I know Eli is in the downside of his career but I think he is still capable. Plus, he is going to finally have a running game to lean on. The Commanders, well, they're the Commanders. Never really great but good enough to give you a loss.

What team worries you the most?

It's always a slug fest. I remember sitting here last year and many fans worried about the Giants. There hasn't been a repeat division winner in awhile. Expect the unexpected. The most worrisome can be the least trouble and the least worrisome the most trouble in this division. I expect the Cowboys to be in the hunt

coult44

Reaction score
This year

Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Skins

I’m weary on the Eagles and the lack of back to back winners in the East.

It's been 14 years since there was a team who won the NFC East championship twice in a row. It was actually the Eagles who went on a four year tear. I hope the trend continues and we are right back in it this year, but it's going to be tough based on all the changes this offseason. We will see

Gameover

Reaction score
His top 6(5) teams in the nfc combined record since 2014:

Vikings - 39-25
Saints - 32-32
Packers - 39-25
Falcons - 35 - 29
Eagles - 37-27
Rams - HC situation so bad no point in calculating

Cowboys - 38-26

Saints have been a 7-9 team four of the last six seasons.

Packers were coming off two straight 10-6 seasons w Rodgers.

Kirk Cousins has never won more than nine games in a season, he’s not good in the red area, he’s mistake prone in crucial moments

Cowboys have no chance?

Verdict

Reaction score
Thanks for the the information on Smith. The only time I see him play is against us. I think we can handle him. Thank goodness he did not bring Kelse or Tyreek hill with him. How do you think captain Kirk Cousins will do in Minnie?

I think it will be a mixed bag. Minnesota will blow a lot of teams out because of Cousins' ability and that defense. On the other hand Cousins wil probably piss off a few wins like he did in Washington.

They are more of a threat to win the SB merely because the Vikings will have a better ability to come back on teams with Cousins.

Verdict

Reaction score
His top 6(5) teams in the nfc combined record since 2014:

Vikings - 39-25
Saints - 32-32
Packers - 39-25
Falcons - 35 - 29
Eagles - 37-27
Rams - HC situation so bad no point in calculating

Cowboys - 38-26

Saints have been a 7-9 team four of the last six seasons.

Packers were coming off two straight 10-6 seasons w Rodgers.

Kirk Cousins has never won more than nine games in a season, he’s not good in the red area, he’s mistake prone in crucial moments

Cowboys have no chance?

All teams have warts and are up and down based on situations and injuries.

DiResta

Reaction score
the Skins played very well with missing guys on their oline
Callahan is damn good
which brings me to my second point, they could have a great run game this year when you consider Alex Smith is the qb
they still have a top corner in Norman and on paper a great dline
they could beat Dallas

the Giants should be better now that they dont have to ride Eli and they still have a defense that Garrett hasnt figured out
then you have the defending Eagles

the nfce could be very nasty
very doubtful Dallas sweeps any of them

i will guess
Giants will be up again because they tend to surge like that and they still have a very good defense
Skins will be better than many think
Eagles will not repeat and will drop some games
Dallas will be a good team improved in areas but not good enough

now i hope im wrong and Dallas returns to greatness

Techsass

Reaction score
I don't buy into the 7-9 record talk.

Our Oline cost us some games & our new DBs didn't get going right out of the gate last season. Both of those should give us a few games swing around.

The NFCE all made improvements in the draft, (Philly used FA) so we'll just have to see who's gamble pays off the most.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If any Fan here wants to predict anything less than the Cowboys will win the east this year, please turn in your card and move onto suckiling on the eagles teats..TY good day..:omg::lmao::lmao2:

Sydla

Reaction score
If any Fan here wants to predict anything less than the Cowboys will win the east this year, please turn in your card and move onto suckiling on the eagles teats..TY good day..:omg::lmao::lmao2:

Yes, because it would be stupid to think another team might be better than us!

Sydla

Reaction score
I’d go:

Divisional Champs - Rams, Eagles, Vikings, Falcons.

WC - Packers, Cowboys

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I feel like the NFC East is going to be a slug fest this season. I guess it usually always is but for some reason I feel like this season is going to be a major battle between teams.

I know the Eagles are stacked but for some reason the Giants kind of scare me. I feel like they had a very good draft and they have some solid pieces already in place. I know Eli is in the downside of his career but I think he is still capable. Plus, he is going to finally have a running game to lean on. The Commanders, well, they're the Commanders. Never really great but good enough to give you a loss.

I don't spend a second worrying about the NFC east. You just put the thought in my head so I'll respond.... expect the unexpected in the NFC east. Going on history and the number of years beween repeat NFC champs, I'll go not the Eagles. That's based on history :)

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles will dominate the division, but it's be an upset if they didn't win it.
The other three teams couple finish in any order

Just a random guess
Philly 11-5 or 10-6
Dallas 10-6 or 9-7
New York 9-7 or 8-8
Washington 7-9 or 6-10

But the full range barring injuries but looking at schedule
Philly 14-2 or 8-8
Dallas 13-3 to 6-10
New York 11-5 to 5-11
Washington 10-6 to 4-12

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’d go:

Divisional Champs - Rams, Eagles, Vikings, Falcons.

WC - Packers, Cowboys
Looks pretty good.

I see the Saints in there somewhere, but the wildcard will be a scramble. The Panthers and even the Lions could be decent too.

My surprise playoff team in the AFC is the Chargers. That defense should be insane. The should be a lot like 2017 Jacksonville but with a better QB

dckid

Reaction score

The Cowboys worry me the most!
We have a gaping hole at TE, we are waiting on a lottery ticket in Rico Gathers. I guess two preseason games should get us all excited.
I like the building on the strength by improving the O-line. I really don’t want Elliot to have a Deamarco Murray workload. I want him to be useful for a second contract as he was a top 5 pick.
Our biggest problem was speed in offense. Honestly no one could get open last year. We could not create any mismatches. Hopefully the new faces we added in Hurns, Austin, Gallup can improve that. Elliot will not be able to beat packed defenses consistently.

You have to pass to win in the modern NFL. This is why QB’s are making 30 million plus a year. Positions to pay QB, pass rusher, O-Line,CB, then a big gap....WR, RB,etc. We are not fortunate enough to have a top talent at WR or TE. We are modeling ourselves to be Jacksonville of the NFC.

Eagles got better, which is what great Fromt offices do. Their strength was rushing the passer and they improved there.