The NFC East Race

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I know. They did. DL injuries might hurt them more than anything else. They also play a first place schedule. They also will get everyone's "best game" every week. That takes a toll on a team.
It drives me crazy when people say "first place schedule" or "last place schedule" to say that they have a harder/easier schedule than Dallas. You are talking about an identical schedule other than 2 games. We have the Seahawks and Lions, they have they Rams and Vikings. Sitting here in May, it looks like they have the 2 harder games, but by the time they play the Rams in wk 15, could be a totally different situation (and likely will be).

BigD_95

Reaction score
If the Giants stay healthy, the Giants will finish second behind the Eagles. We're a couple years away from "contending" again, more if Dak doesn't figure it out this season.

I think our team is better than 2 seasons ago when we went 13-3 ... so why cant we be contending this year when we did couple of seasons ago?

Problem is Eagles are a lot better. I'm not buying into the Giants hype at all. It's us and Eagles fighting for 1st. Not sure we get 1st but we do split with Eagles this year.

I don t care what anyone says. The Zeke suspension talk all last year had a major effect on this team and not just Zeke missing 6 games.

This team will be in the playoffs next year!

lukin2006

Reaction score
We will win the NFC East. We are going to lead the league in 80 yard, 10 minute drives...Everything Philly touched last season went right, can't say that'll happen this year, still don't think the Giants or the Skins beat us out...I can see Zeke getting 2000 yards and his back-up 300-500. Go Boys. I'm always trying to get optimistic this time a year.

aria

Reaction score
It drives me crazy when people say "first place schedule" or "last place schedule" to say that they have a harder/easier schedule than Dallas. You are talking about an identical schedule other than 2 games. We have the Seahawks and Lions, they have they Rams and Vikings. Sitting here in May, it looks like they have the 2 harder games, but by the time they play the Rams in wk 15, could be a totally different situation (and likely will be).
Tell that to the habitual whiners every year who always cry that we got screwed in our scheduling because Goodell doesn’t like us.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The eagles are NOT the Patriots of the east. Will they still be good, most likely, but I do not see them having the same win % as last season. Now that all may be due to I HATE the egglets! GO COWBOYS!!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Eagles are the most talented team in the league but have three big injuries to deal with during the off season that will slow them down. If they are smart they should put Wentz on the pup list and make sure his knee is totally sound. They are the hunted. They will get everybody's best shot.

The Giants are interesting. I don't think they were that talented last year. OJB hid their offensive issues. Manning is a average quarterback and is old. He is not going to become his brother all of a sudden. I like their draft but Barkley is not Zeke and their offensive line is still questionable. Nate Soldier is ok but is he an All-Pro? Their defense has lost their best defensive lineman and they cut their second best corner. They also are going to a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel. Remember when we did that during the Parcells era. Takes time. Finally their schedule is brutal at the beginning of the season.

The Commanders are a wild card. They really believe Alex Smith is a upgrade to Kirk Cousins. Most of the NFL thinks Smith is stop gate qb. I am not sure about their offensive weapons. The TE is elite but he is always injured. Their weapons are ok after that but do not scare anybody. The defense has issues and they are banking on the Alabama players on the defensive line. Their secondary is terrible and safeties are bad. I thought they would draft Derwin James.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
We are definately in the hunt for second place in the NFC east. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be second in the division. I’ll be disappointed if we are third, and immensely happy and surprised if we win the East.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I feel like the NFC East is going to be a slug fest this season. I guess it usually always is but for some reason I feel like this season is going to be a major battle between teams.

I know the Eagles are stacked but for some reason the Giants kind of scare me. I feel like they had a very good draft and they have some solid pieces already in place. I know Eli is in the downside of his career but I think he is still capable. Plus, he is going to finally have a running game to lean on. The Commanders, well, they're the Commanders. Never really great but good enough to give you a loss.

What team worries you the most?

The Cowboys worry me the most. Just like last season, we always end up beating ourselves. I still believe that Cowboys were the best team in the division last year.

Here's what to watch:

1) The Eagles start out with an absolute cakewalk schedule. The Cowboys start out with a brutal schedule. Can the Cowboys keep pace?

2) Who starts the season for the Eagles at QB? Will Carson Wentz be the same player? If not, I doubt that Foles can manage the success that he had at the end of last year for an extended period of time.

3) Where will Dez sign and will he sign in the NFC East?

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm expecting at least 10 "real" wins this season. (I also said 11-12 wins before last season.)

I see NY & Washington are going to try running the ball now, so I'm counting on us getting better at stopping the run.

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score

While that's true would you rather play the Patriots or any of the other teams in that division? They set it up that way for a reason. It tends to change the records a little bit. Surely you can see that.

No it's not a given that the first place team will be better but does matter.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If the Giants stay healthy, the Giants will finish second behind the Eagles. We're a couple years away from "contending" again, more if Dak doesn't figure it out this season.

Honestly, with the firepower in this division, I could see 3 teams making the playoffs from this division.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Eagles are the most talented team in the league but have three big injuries to deal with during the off season that will slow them down. If they are smart they should put Wentz on the pup list and make sure his knee is totally sound. They are the hunted. They will get everybody's best shot.

The Giants are interesting. I don't think they were that talented last year. OJB hid their offensive issues. Manning is a average quarterback and is old. He is not going to become his brother all of a sudden. I like their draft but Barkley is not Zeke and their offensive line is still questionable. Nate Soldier is ok but is he an All-Pro? Their defense has lost their best defensive lineman and they cut their second best corner. They also are going to a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel. Remember when we did that during the Parcells era. Takes time. Finally their schedule is brutal at the beginning of the season.

The Commanders are a wild card. They really believe Alex Smith is a upgrade to Kirk Cousins. Most of the NFL thinks Smith is stop gate qb. I am not sure about their offensive weapons. The TE is elite but he is always injured. Their weapons are ok after that but do not scare anybody. The defense has issues and they are banking on the Alabama players on the defensive line. Their secondary is terrible and safeties are bad. I thought they would draft Derwin James.

Alex Smith is an upgrade over Cousins for one reason---he takes much better care of the ball.

Verdict

Reaction score
Tell that to the habitual whiners every year who always cry that we got screwed in our scheduling because Goodell doesn’t like us.

If you don't think scheduling makes a lot of difference you are not being honest with yourself or not paying attention.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think our team is better than 2 seasons ago when we went 13-3 ... so why cant we be contending this year when we did couple of seasons ago?

Problem is Eagles are a lot better. I'm not buying into the Giants hype at all. It's us and Eagles fighting for 1st. Not sure we get 1st but we do split with Eagles this year.

I don t care what anyone says. The Zeke suspension talk all last year had a major effect on this team and not just Zeke missing 6 games.

This team will be in the playoffs next year!

Eagles will not win the close games they did last year. They will not win 13 games. Bet the under.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Or the unjustified hate for your boy Mara Jr., am I right?

"Mara Jr. was a good kid..he never did no one wrong!"
**holds up picture of John in 3rd grade**
"He dindu nuthin'!"

Hadenough

Reaction score
Eagles had everything go wrong and still over came all odds. Lost thier LT, MLB and QB. Wentz IS better than Foles and Eagles are going to be a problem for a long time. Predicted record 11-5
Giants have now leveled the playing field with the Cowboys by adding Barkley. He is going to be every bit as good as Zeke and will help Eli! They have a new head coach who will make them better but tough schedule. Predicted record 7-9
Cowboys have beefed up their defense and have a lot of young talent in the secondary. The oline should be better and Zeke should do well but unfortunately they have a brutal schedule and a WHOLE LOT is gonna hinge on how Dak plays. Predicted record 7-9
Commanders have really beefed up the interior of their defensive line but Alex Smith isnt anything special They will be able to run the ball and play decent defense. Like the rest of division they have a tough schedule. Predicted record 6-10

Too many equally talented teams on the schedule that have better coaching.