The NFC East Race

Section446

Reaction score
If the Giants stay healthy, the Giants will finish second behind the Eagles. We're a couple years away from "contending" again, more if Dak doesn't figure it out this season.

plasticman

Reaction score
The NFC East is always a bloodbath.

Since Jimmy Johnson left after 1993, the Cowboys are 25-25 against the Eagles. They are 26-24 against the Giants.

Playing in the NFC east toughens the teams. Although there has always been 6 to 8 divisions since the Super Bowl has been played, 1 in 4 or 25% of them were won by an NFC East team, no other division has a higher percentage.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys will be third behind the eagles and giants. Barkley will make a big difference in the giants.

JustChip

Reaction score
Eagles had everything go right last year. That seldom happens two years in a row.

I don't know that they had everything go right last year, but they certainly were in a groove and got on a roll. I think they have the most talent, but no team in the NFL has repeated as Division Champs since 2003 for a reason. The NFC East isn't like the AFC East where, aside from having the best team consistently, also has 3 of the worst teams consistently (maybe kinda harsh; maybe more appropriately is perpetual underperformers).

I'm with the OP, the Giants are going to be a force to recon with this year. Their 2-14 last year was very reminiscent of our 2015 season - early injuries derailed the team and their HC wasn't able lead them to overcome. They were 11-5 the previous year and have improved their areas of weakness significantly.

Carter

Reaction score
Its the same as every year. No Prediction possible in the NFCE.

The only Team that probably lacks more than the others are the Skins but they always make it tough against the Division.

The good Thing is that their best Weapon is gone and i dont think they work that well with a Bus Driver like Alex Smith.

Giants could be really good if the Odell Drama settles, if they stay healthy and Eli can atleast become average again. The Addition of Hernandez and Barkley sure are scary.

Eagles should win the Division but it wont be a cakewalk like last year.

School

Reaction score
Things could get interesting for the Eagles if Wentz isn't ready for the start of the season and Foles picks up where he left off last season.

What if Wentz misses the first month or so and a red-hot Foles has them sitting sitting at 4-0? What if Wentz struggles after being inserted in the lineup and they drop a few games? Unlikely perhaps, but it could create an awkward situation.

For last season, advanced stats indicate Foles was better executing within the structure of the offense, while Wentz was better executing outside the structure of the offense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The iggles will revert back to the backsliders they are. The Cowboys will double tap that iggle butt this year.

There is no reason to fear the giants as long as Eli is their QB and Barkley is no threat as porous as that O-line is. Our defense will gobble him up.

As long as the Cowboys can trample all over the deadskins defensive front the way they have been, they'll have no problem with them.

aria

Reaction score
I do think Eli is on the decline but I alao expect him to be better than he has over the last 6 or so years playing behind a horrendous O line and no running game. On the other hand, I don’t understand why people are giving them so much credit.

Yeah, they should be much better than last year but that’s not saying much. They had injuries galore, no running game, no O line, ERIC FLOWERS and players being suspended and quitting on defense. They also had the worst coach and play caller in the league.

Now they lost JPP, have a bunch of new players on both sides of the ball who have never played with each other, a new HC who will be calling plays and a new DC. While I think they upgraded across the board from players to coaches they will have a lot to learn their first year. I’ll be more worried about them in 2019. This year it’s between is and the Iggles with the Iggles being a pretty strong favorite IMO.

cern

Reaction score
Eagles had everything go right last year. That seldom happens two years in a row.
they lost their best left tackle, best linebacker and starting qb. but they had coaching able to respond and adjust and went on to win the big dance. we lost our rt for some games and our best lb, though we didn't lose dak, and look at the difference. it starts with a superior coaching staff. we've made some smart moves but still have the same hc, oc, and dc. one can only hope kris Richards and wr coach sanjay have some input into how things were done at their prior organizations.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Cowboys will be third behind the eagles and giants. Barkley will make a big difference in the giants.
Not with that o-line! they signed a LT and drafted a guard but they have 3 weak links on that line. Oh and Manning is done!

Verdict

Reaction score
they lost their best left tackle, best linebacker and starting qb. but they had coaching able to respond and adjust and went on to win the big dance. we lost our rt for some games and our best lb, though we didn't lose dak, and look at the difference. it starts with a superior coaching staff. we've made some smart moves but still have the same hc, oc, and dc. one can only hope kris Richards and wr coach sanjay have some input into how things were done at their prior organizations.

Yes. They had adequate backups for those positions. Just like we had Dak for Romo.

If Lee or Tyron went down last year there were no adequate substitutes. That will appply for some positions. It's necessary in the salary cap era. You just have to hope you have a reasonably good backup if a player goes down. But you are going to be thin somewhere. That's the nature of the beast.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Commanders

Giants had a ton of injuries, yet still battled us pretty good. I think they improved more over the off-season that the Cowboys. I think the wheels fall of this year and the boys end up 6-10 or 7-9 tops.