The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
They traded for Quinn because Gregory was suspended for the season. The Bennett trade was partly in response to losing Crawford, but I believe we were down another defensive lineman or two at the time.

Right, which is why I am having a hard time leaning either way.

Both Gregory and Crawford have been off of the field for a minimum of a year, even if they know more than we do about RG's reinstatement..it would be absolutely asinine to lean on their ability. Plus, cutting depth like Wise. Whether or not he was just a camp body, it doesn't seem smart.

That, in addition to the SS attempted trade I mentioned, theu seem to be betting on drafting heavy of a mixture of DL amd DBs..all assuming they're done in free agency.

All that being said, I do believe we can all agree that saod scenario is insanity. Use FA and the cap wosely to set yourself up for an almost 100% "BPA" draft.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DE: Lawrence, Gregory, Crawford, Armstrong, Jackson
DT: McCoy, Woods, Covington, Hill

That is ugly.

Shout out to Will McClay.

Sydla

Reaction score
DE: Lawrence, Gregory, Crawford, Armstrong, Jackson
DT: McCoy, Woods, Covington, Hill

That is ugly.

Shout out to Will McClay.

That is a totally mediocre to poor defensive line depth chart. It just is to anyone who is honest with themselves. The homers will stomp their feet and claim people are haters and that Gregory will return to form, Hill has promise, Jackson and Jelks looked great on the practice squad and will surprise..................

But if you flipped this and said the Giants or Eagles were going to run out in 2020 with that DL depth chart, those same homers would laugh and call those teams stupid.

Oh, I forgot. We still have the draft. A draft that is weak on edge players. Awesome.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking forward to the “Covington has been unblockable in camp practices.”

A personal favorite:

Tyrone Crawford On Schedule In Rehab Process

www.dallascowboys.com › news › tyrone-crawford-on-schedule-in-re...Aug 14, 2019 - From the sounds of it, Crawford is on schedule to return to practice sooner rather than later. With the team returning to The Star following this weekend's trip to Honolulu, it seems like Crawford will be one of several players to mix into these upcoming two weeks of training camp in Texas.

TD0Wco9.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
A personal favorite:

Tyrone Crawford On Schedule In Rehab Process

www.dallascowboys.com › news › tyrone-crawford-on-schedule-in-re...Aug 14, 2019 - From the sounds of it, Crawford is on schedule to return to practice sooner rather than later. With the team returning to The Star following this weekend's trip to Honolulu, it seems like Crawford will be one of several players to mix into these upcoming two weeks of training camp in Texas.

TD0Wco9.gif

It still angers me that for the cost of cutting Crawford we could have paid for Shelton's entire 2 year contract.

Tell me you wouldn't feel better with a DT combo of Shelton and McCoy with Lawrence outside.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It still angers me that for the cost of cutting Crawford we could have paid for Shelton's entire 2 year contract.

Tell me you wouldn't feel better with a DT combo of Shelton and McCoy with Lawrence outside.

1000%!

We could have had both Shelton and Andrew Billings to rotate inside this year for less than what we would have saved on Crawford alone. Him being on this roster, at that price tag, is an affront to the senses, and not even the biggest Cowboys homer can defend it.

Other teams are out there 'stacking starters' inside, and we're sitting on the hook for $9.1 million for a role player who doesn't even have a starting position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You and I had it nailed last year in cutting Crawford and signing McCoy, but I remember the arguments with the homers back then too. The same people now trumpeting the McCoy signing this year.