The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, the defensive line was weak going into free agency and it's since gotten weaker. You can't go into the draft this way.

I agree, but try telling that to these two:

1a4f35b8d52d1666ddd46f2049f2ff17.jpg

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have not added anyone but McCoy and even and it is a BIG IF the South Carolina DT is there at 17, that still is not enough.

They lost Quinn, Bennett and Collins. Even with those guys it wasn't good enough.

It's criminal that they weren't ultra aggressive to improve this early in FA. They truly have no clue what they're doing.

Sydla

Reaction score
They lost Quinn, Bennett and Collins. Even with those guys it wasn't good enough.

It's criminal that they weren't ultra aggressive to improve this early in FA.

McCoy replaced Collins. You still are down Bennett and Quinn. And they've done ZERO to address DE.

I'd be all for trying to talk Bennett into a one year deal at this point.

I have little doubt they think Gregory and Jelks and Jackson and Armstrong are going to blossom. This smells like WR circa 2018.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCoy replaced Collins. You still are down Bennett and Quinn. And they've done ZERO to address DE.

I'd be all for trying to talk Bennett into a one year deal at this point.

I have little doubt they think Gregory and Jelks and Jackson and Armstrong are going to blossom. This smells like WR circa 2018.

Oh yeah, can't wait for the latest "Is this the breakout year for Dorance Armstrong" stories to come out!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I mean, the defensive line was weak going into free agency and it's since gotten weaker. You can't go into the draft this way.
Fair enough but if they happen to feel ok about getting Irving and Gregory back....

Hey the way this offense is being paid they can barely afford a defense. It may get to where they need two flawless drafts in a row to have a chance.

I desperately wanted Coopers money spent on defense, but...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough but if they happen to feel ok about getting Irving and Gregory back....

Hey the way this offense is being paid they can barely afford a defense. It may get to where they need two flawless drafts in a row to have a chance.

I desperately wanted Coopers money spent on defense, but...

They're still sitting on close to $22 million in cap space according to Spotrac, with an additional $8 million gained if they cut Crawford.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/

They've got money.

Sydla

Reaction score
They're still sitting on close to $22 million in cap space according to Spotrac, with an additional $8 million gained if they cut Crawford.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/

They've got money.

And somehow Philly who was seemingly in some cap hell signs Hargraves and trades for Slay.

If you want someone, you can make it happen. We just don't want to make things happen. We'd rather be cheap.