The NFL Free Agency and Trades Thread

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
McCoy replaced Collins. You still are down Bennett and Quinn. And they've done ZERO to address DE.

I'd be all for trying to talk Bennett into a one year deal at this point.

I have little doubt they think Gregory and Jelks and Jackson and Armstrong are going to blossom. This smells like WR circa 2018.

Lose Quinn, gain Gregory.

Lose Bennett, gain Crawford.

This is their answer even if it's a poor one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, really hard to guess at this point. Would never have guessed Quinn last year

I'd think you would have to look for a team that's 'blowing it up' like the Dolphins clearly were last year.

Thus far, the Rams look to be closest to doing that given their cuts and attempted trades. Perhaps rather than trading for a player like Quinn, we simply sign Clay Matthews as a free agent? Plenty of similarities in age and past production, and Matthews obviously has a long-standing history playing for Mike McCarthy. I think he could have a role as a pass rusher in what has been talked about as a flexible-styled defense under Nolan and Edwards, but that's me.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd think you would have to look for a team that's 'blowing it up' like the Dolphins clearly were last year.

Thus far, the Rams look to be closest to doing that given their cuts and attempted trades. Perhaps rather than trading for a player like Quinn, we simply sign Clay Matthews as a free agent? Plenty of similarities in age and past production, and Matthews obviously has a long-standing history playing for Mike McCarthy. I think he could have a role as a pass rusher in what has been talked about as a flexible-styled defense under Nolan and Edwards, but that's me.
Another thing is they could also be looking to turn a 6th rounder into a 3rd like they might be able to with Quinn