Twitter: The NFL is doing fine

RS12

Reaction score
Amazon just got in big. Apple wants in big, read they are after Sunday ticket. Doubt revenues decline anytime soon.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No you are ignoring reality. Owners want to win period. The majority of them are extremely competitive. Not to mention winning means more profits.

The reality is that none of these owners ‘need’ to win a super bowl. They all ‘want’ to win a super bowl.

Seems like we have different meanings of the words want and need.

Enjoy this awesome song. Someone time machine me back to that era when music was good. Cheap Trick rocks. George Martin said they were the second most talented band he ever worked with. Beatles being the most talented, of course. One of those songs no one can resist singing along. And don’t be changing ‘I’d love you to love me’ to ‘I’d hate you to hate me.’

blueblood70

Reaction score
And??? Do you realize how much Jerry makes in advertising money? And all of the other revenue he gets from merchandise and anything that happens at the stadium. Jerry has absolutely no risk at all. Owning an NFL team is easy money. You literally have zero risk and have a huge ROI. This misconception that owners assume all the risk is a load of garbage. The players assume all the risk, literally with their bodies and long term physical and mental consequences. As long as you have enough capital to own a team, you have an easy meal ticket.

annd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

Jealous much??

maybe you ought to go back 32 years and buy a struggling franchise on CCs and loans and risk everything and turn it into an empire who is top 2 sports franchises in the world ..

you go break down Amazon, walmart, coke, nike, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple and fortune 100 companies and get all worked up over free market enterprise..

jerry smarter then you so you hate on him..hes in this first and foremost as business so profit is important and not like hes hoarding it , hes making sure players, coaches and employees have top notch everything..

but he chose it because of the luv he had for the game..won 3 sbs and doesnt need to explain himself to ants like fans who question how much money hes making as if he committing crime or moral code..

Jerry also makes more money with papa johns and oil stock plus many other investments to where he doesnt NEED the DC Franchise , he actually luvs owing the DC and keeps it for that reason..

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Show me one owner who financially sweats not getting a super bowl? Every single owner rakes in the money regardless if they win a super bowl or not. Not one of those owners 'needs' a super bowl to financially survive.

Most of these owners were businessmen before they became owners. Their businesses are booming right now. Jerry made huge money on oil and gas alone this year.

These owners are sweating how they will get 1000 stadium workers to come back when the government is paying more to stay unemployed. Sweating if the fans will come back to the stadium and spend money like drunken sailors. Sweating if viewership will fall. Sweating if their free farm league, college football, will survive or if they have to finance a minor league like baseball. Sweating whether congress/courts will pull their special anti-trust gig. Sweating whether they should sell the team while the price is high or hold.
I just did.....900 millions reasons.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The NFL is doing just fine.

Now that they’ll be back to full stadiums, plus increased revenue in TV and streaming contracts, plus legalized sports gambling…….

Yeah. The NFL’s financial situation is looking A ok. Lol

Also, I don’t begrudge the owners trying to make as much money as possible, just like I don’t begrudge players who try to make as much money as possible.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The reality is that none of these owners ‘need’ to win a super bowl. They all ‘want’ to win a super bowl.

Enjoy this awesome song. Someone time machine me back to that era when music was good. Cheap Trick rocks. George Martin said they were the second most talented band he ever worked with. Beatles being the most talented, of course. One of those songs no one can resist singing along. And don’t be changing ‘I’d love you to love me’ to ‘I’d hate you to hate me.’

I said the owners want to win badly. And that’s the truth.
Enjoy the gif.
3-A68-FD96-1-F70-47-B7-9222-5-B5348674-B6-C.gif

Flamma

Reaction score

You really don't have different meanings. In your initial post you came across as if it didn't matter to the owners one way or the other. That they'll make their money anyway. That's the dispute.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I said the owners want to win badly. And that’s the truth.
Enjoy the gif.
3-A68-FD96-1-F70-47-B7-9222-5-B5348674-B6-C.gif

What you said about ‘want’ was irrelevant since the topic was ‘need.’

I need food.
I want dessert.
I don’t need dessert.

Do you understand me?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What you said about ‘want’ was irrelevant since the topic was ‘need.’

I need food.
I want dessert.
I don’t need dessert.

Do you understand me?
I said the owners want to win. Do you understand? I could care less what the OP was.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I said the owners want to win. Do you understand? I could care less what the OP was.

One person said Jerry does not ‘need’ to win (financially speaking).
I said no owner ‘needs’ to win (financially speaking).

You said all owners want to win. Yes, you are correct with your Captain Obvious comment which has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
players ok sure

you forgot the rest of the overhead? coaches salary's? stadium, offices , insurance, transportation, utilities, practice fields, ATT, uniforms, employees, etc etc

i assume you never ran business and simply forgot where big chink of gross incomes goes to before you get down to actual NET,,

im betting the field crew costs ie lawn and upkeep is more then any one of our salary's,,

Did you not see my line...about him having operating cost?

And YES, I have ran my own business. Successfully, and sold it. But I am still involved with it at times.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That $309 million is just the national NFL revenue. He also gets local revenues, merchandise revenues, AT&T, Lite Beer, and Dr. Pepper revenues, the list goes on.

Yes I was going to add that but did not.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The stadium brings in something like $900M/year in revenue. NFL revenues are nice, but Jerry's cash cow is that stadium. He doesn't sweat not getting a SB, because he doesn't need it.

He cares. This is a fan BS thing saying he don't care.
A SB will bring in even more revenue.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
The stadium brings in something like $900M/year in revenue. NFL revenues are nice, but Jerry's cash cow is that stadium. He doesn't sweat not getting a SB, because he doesn't need it.

Jerry’s cash cow, long term, is the pedigree and fan base that comes with America’s Team status. The huge, novel stadium could lose a bit of luster each season.

1995…we are 26 years away from Championship football. I can’t see how that doesn’t jeopardize a fan base that must be the envy of every team in the league.

Jerry and Co know they need a Super Bowl. I bet they feel that need desperately.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry’s cash cow, long term, is the pedigree and fan base that comes with America’s Team status. The huge, novel stadium could lose a bit of luster each season.

1995…we are 26 years away from Championship football. I can’t see how that doesn’t jeopardize a fan base that must be the envy of every team in the league.

Jerry and Co know they need a Super Bowl. I bet they feel that need desperately.
I think the Jones Cartel believes they have the juice to win it every year. That delusional mindset with current revenues makes everything all right.