Twitter: The NFL is doing fine

JayFord

Reaction score
the NFL will always be fine its the older generation that has gripes with things the nfl does and we voice it

its oversaturated nonsense with the whole "schedule release event" which was the most obnoxious thing ive ever seen....just drop the schedule and go you dont need a big song and dance

putting the nfl on nickelodean....why? for what?

espn and other channels talking about football 24/7 even topics that make no sense

the intergration of social media in the nfl....idc what Lebron has to say about the game and i love Lebron

all these things generate revenue its good business but the product isnt nearly as good as it used to be imo or maybe im just an old boomer

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was going to add, I don't care about the revenue or caps. I just want wins and playoff success.
I don't even have to have that, I want entertainment and to be in a place better than this world for just a few hours.

I am like that every other Saturday golfer. They do not go out for the score and only ask for a couple of memories of great shots they wish they could hit all the time. Even one of those is a return on the time investment.

jazzy, I'd bet I am in the top 2% of posters here in time devoted to watching football and on top of that, I am a Hog and I expect to lose the majority of SEC West games but I watch every one of them.

I used to be a fan that needed the win, I expected the win and felt cheated if I didn't get it. Didn't help I spent all those years with the Cowboys not even considering the playoffs but how far would they go every season. Man, was I spoiled.

I only ask one thing of any team I root for, don't leave anything in the locker room, bring it all out there on the field. Give their best and I have no complaint as there is no such thing as 110%, they can only give what they've got.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know there are some that wish for the downfall of the NFL and their billionaire owners and celebrate each ratings drop, even though the games are still the most watched programming every week, live action and therefore desired by the ad agencies that try to fight time shifting. It seems to be "our revenge" for their greed.

They are greedy because we see their ticket prices and concessions yet they are just exploiting the basis for our economy, supply and demand. Not any different than Gates, Bezos or Jobs, who somehow escapes the criticism because he was end user focused......and the highest prices in the game he played.

The problem isn't the owners, the problem is this is part of the game. Why in the hell do we need to know what they make or any of these players make when most of us are using this great sport to escape that world and immerse ourselves in something that used to feel right.

Money is the god of this country but on Sunday's, I'd like to stay the hell out of that church but can't escape it because they won't shut up about it. How many tiimes do you think you are going to hear about Prescott's getting 160M or 40M or 2.35M per game and I am sure someone will work it out to about 67K per pass attempt. Just let that sink in a moment, every time he drops back and let's it go, $67,000 for that one pass attempt.

Look how many times you see a player's contribution based on his salary. We've already seen that with Prescott, Elliott, Cooper, Lawrence and Smith. Elliott is a goof RB for 10M but for 15M, he needs to be a lot better. The two are not even remotely connected on the field, where the game should be played.

At some point, the business of football eclipsed the sport of football and it gets harder every every year to keep the sport, the sport.
Yep

If fans really wanted to impact the revenue just flip the remote. Fans are the problem. They’ve created this. Without the money they’ve generated we’d just have a football game with part time athletes like we did before TV.

It’s sports entertainment at the highest level on Primetime TV. These are professional athletic entertainers. Like all of the other entertainers we watch on TV. They just play sports.

It hasn’t been just the sport in decades. Some fans just are either too ignorant or naive to see it.