Twitter: The NFL is doing fine

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A 40% revenue drop which means they were one of the least hard hit industries in the world during the Pandemic.

The delta variant stuff is scary for them and other sports leagues but the NFL was always going to be alright and exactly zero people should feel sorry for any NFL team/owner as they lost zero value and had zero people forced to sale. A ton of small businesses had to shutter permanenently.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Jerry’s cash cow, long term, is the pedigree and fan base that comes with America’s Team status. The huge, novel stadium could lose a bit of luster each season.

1995…we are 26 years away from Championship football. I can’t see how that doesn’t jeopardize a fan base that must be the envy of every team in the league.

Jerry and Co know they need a Super Bowl. I bet they feel that need desperately.

The Yankees won 5 championships in the past 25 years, two championships in the last 20 years, and 0 championships in the last 10 years. The trend is not looking good for the Yankees and the Yankees can buy whatever they want. No hard cap. Got their own farm system. Difficult for the Yankees and they have a system which heavily favors them.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Whets it’s true or not isn’t the point. The point is all he does is come here and post negative crap all the time.

he doesn't post negative things. You choose to label them as such when his comments are inconvenient for you.

Scotman

Reaction score
That $309 million is just the national NFL revenue. He also gets local revenues, merchandise revenues, AT&T, Lite Beer, and Dr. Pepper revenues, the list goes on.
And Jerry has maximized that revenue better than any owner in the league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If GB makes 210M in local revenue and was down to 62M, what do you think the league's #1 revenue generator was off?

The NFL split usually guarantees each team is in the black without anything else but 6B was missing, that's 187,500,000 missing per team.
Yep

I wanna say without looking it up Cowboys revenue in 2019 was near 800 million . I’d guess it was off almost half in 2020 despite having the largest attendance during Pandemic .

Edit: it was over 900 million in 2019
https://www.statista.com/statistics...e Dallas Cowboys was 980 million U.S. dollars.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep

I wanna say without looking it up Cowboys revenue in 2019 was near 800 million . I’d guess it was off almost half in 2020 despite having the largest attendance during Pandemic .

Wow, did not know that.
However, I am not one that gets myself caught up in all of that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know there are some that wish for the downfall of the NFL and their billionaire owners and celebrate each ratings drop, even though the games are still the most watched programming every week, live action and therefore desired by the ad agencies that try to fight time shifting. It seems to be "our revenge" for their greed.

They are greedy because we see their ticket prices and concessions yet they are just exploiting the basis for our economy, supply and demand. Not any different than Gates, Bezos or Jobs, who somehow escapes the criticism because he was end user focused......and the highest prices in the game he played.

The problem isn't the owners, the problem is this is part of the game. Why in the hell do we need to know what they make or any of these players make when most of us are using this great sport to escape that world and immerse ourselves in something that used to feel right.

Money is the god of this country but on Sunday's, I'd like to stay the hell out of that church but can't escape it because they won't shut up about it. How many tiimes do you think you are going to hear about Prescott's getting 160M or 40M or 2.35M per game and I am sure someone will work it out to about 67K per pass attempt. Just let that sink in a moment, every time he drops back and let's it go, $67,000 for that one pass attempt.

Look how many times you see a player's contribution based on his salary. We've already seen that with Prescott, Elliott, Cooper, Lawrence and Smith. Elliott is a goof RB for 10M but for 15M, he needs to be a lot better. The two are not even remotely connected on the field, where the game should be played.

At some point, the business of football eclipsed the sport of football and it gets harder every every year to keep the sport, the sport.