The NFL is setting the Eagles up for success

DezTroy97

Reaction score
This is absolutely mind-blowing to this point.

Home Games: Bills, Dolphins, 49ers, Vikings. These were all playoff teams from a year ago, with three of them being top-3 seeds. Also, the first of each of their divisional games are played at home.

Their road games? Patriots, Jets, and Rams (not playoff teams in 2022), as well as Bucs without Brady. They had KC, but there was a home game before and two home games after.

Typically, the No. 1 seed from a year ago has the toughest road. Why does Philly get a break?

Also, I recognize Philly is a well-run organization, a darn good team, and they deserve to beat us earlier this month. Not taking anything away from them. But between the refs favoring them seemingly every game and this schedule, I can’t help but think the NFL is setting them up for success this year.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
200w.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh, it's obvious to the schedule people that Philadelphia is more deserving for fan following purposes and contracts coming again a little down the road. For the real reasons Jerry is blamed for, but not guilty. Just beat your opponent, Cowboys.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
To be fair, while I mostly agree with you, no one expected the Patriots and Jets to be this bad. Especially the Jets with ARod, they were largely considered to be a potential playoff team this season.
The Jets only had ARod for less than 5 minutes this season. There's no way you can say they would have been that bad if he had been playing.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
To be fair, while I mostly agree with you, no one expected the Patriots and Jets to be this bad. Especially the Jets with ARod, they were largely considered to be a potential playoff team this season.
That's true, and the Jets did end up beating them even without A-Rod. But the Patriots had close to no chance against Philly in Week 1, even if they were going to be a good team later on. Give me the defending NFC Champion to win Week 1 - road or away - against most teams not named Kansas City.

links18

Reaction score
And the Jets beat the Eagles without ARod. Every team mentioned by OP had a chance to beat the Eagles and blew it.....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Home/away is predetermined. Philly getting Miami/Buff at home just means they had them on the road 4 years ago and will have them on the road again in 4 years. The fact that they turned out to be the best 2 teams in the division right now when it was New England 4 years ago when Philly had them at home is random happenstance.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Home/away is predetermined. Philly getting Miami/Buff at home just means they had them on the road 4 years ago and will have them on the road again in 4 years. The fact that they turned out to be the best 2 teams in the division right now when it was New England 4 years ago when Philly had them at home is random happenstance.
That's a good point. I guess my biggest problem is how convenient those games are for them. Each of them comes after a road game. Meanwhile, we get Bills on the road and then Miami the week after. Also, all three of their divisional opponents, the first game is played in Philly. That's only the case with us with Washington.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Our boneheaded plays
Scantling dropping the ball
Allen missing a wide open WR in OT. Cooks dropping a gimme td. Missed field goals
Washington twice allowing a comeback
Patriots allowing a comeback

Teams shoot themselves in the foot and allow the eagles the chance to comeback. Yeah they find ways to win after they've been given an absolute gift. It's the worst 10-1 team maybe ever

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Our boneheaded plays
Scantling dropping the ball
Allen missing a wide open WR in OT. Cooks dropping a gimme td. Missed field goals
Washington twice allowing a comeback
Patriots allowing a comeback

Teams shoot themselves in the foot and allow the eagles the chance to comeback. Yeah they find ways to win after they've been given an absolute gift. It's the worst 10-1 team maybe ever
I told a die-hard Philly fan yesterday that they're a better version of last year's Minnesota Vikings team. That luck is about to run out IMO.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I told a die-hard Philly fan yesterday that they're a better version of last year's Minnesota Vikings team. That luck is about to run out IMO.
I live here its AWFUL. I probably here "Go Birds" 100X a day at my job.

Forget the eagles team, its the fans that I want the losses the most for

LonnieElam

Reaction score
It amazes me that people on here don't seem to know this.