The NFL is setting the Eagles up for success

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You DO know that we just got Thanksgiving at home (as always....other team had to travel on short week, our annual traditionalunfair advantage)... then instead of the NFL giving us our "mini bye week immediately" they gave us another Thursday game , which will allow us to have 10 days of rest before we get PHI at home, immediately after their murderers row games of KC, Buffalo, SanFran....and then after us, they'll immediately need to go out to Seattle?

This stretch the NFL has given us with our yearly "competitive advantage " they allow us to keep at Thanksgiving, and then this 10 day rest before Philly, would be BASHED TO PIECES in here if we weren't the recipients of this favored schedule.

We play the smallest percentage of Away Thursday games (along with Lions) of any team in the league because of it.... and that's the worst type of game to play: AWAY, on Thursday, after you just played Sunday. It's kinda sad we aren't undefeated on Thanksgiving.... we should be

Do you know why we get to play on Thanksgiving every year. Thats not a favor we are getting....

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The league has made a habit of giving us an away game before our home Thanksgiving game to take away our advantage and giving us a Thursday game afterward for the same reason. Notice that San Fran got a mini-bye week as did Detroit, Green Bay and Washington, and they made sure we are playing a team that also played on Thanksgiving to keep us from having as much of an advantage as well. I believe all that came out of complaints over our "competitive advantage" for playing a game that no other team originally wanted.

Having 10 days off before facing Philly is the only advantage that remains, and I'm really surprised that the league didn't make this one at Philly instead of the first game to try to nullify that advantage.
All of our games before Thanksgiving has been away?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not all. Just in the past few years because of complaints, if I remember right. Not sure the exact year it started.

Looking it up: Last year, we played at Minnesota the Sunday before Thanksgiving, but we did get 10 days before our game after Thanksgiving. 2021, we played at the Chiefs, then also on the Thursday following Thanksgiving.

gimmesix

Reaction score

Meanwhile, the other Thanksgiving stalwart, the Detroit Lions, got a home game the Sunday before Thanksgiving this year (the previous four years were all away games, though) and have never had to play the Thursday after Thanksgiving.

Frankly, though, if we are going to have to play an extra Thursday game, I'd rather it be the one after Thanksgiving rather than having another short week. Plus, we still eventually get a week where we have 10 days between games.

gimmesix

Reaction score
did they schedule us for back to back thursday games?....what other team gets that? every other team gets a thursday to sunday...
I think that was a product of the networks that have the Thursday games wanting us to play in one each year. They know the best draw in football. As I said, though, I don't really mind it because we eventually get the Thursday-Sunday stretch and at least our second Thursday game isn't a short week if we play it the week after Thanksgiving.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We also played at Minnesota in 2020 the Sunday before Thanksgiving and at New England in 2020 (while also playing the following Thursday that year), at Atlanta in 2018 (and the following Thursday). So it appears that 2017 was the last time we played a home game the Sunday before Thanksgiving and they gave us back-to-back Thursday games then as well as in 2016 and 2014. So the first attempt to "punish" us for always hosting a Thanksgiving game was to make us play the next Thursday, too, but that wasn't much of a punishment.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
did they schedule us for back to back thursday games?....what other team gets that? every other team gets a thursday to sunday...
The team the Cowboys are playing this Thursday. Seattle played Thanksgiving night. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Do you know why we get to play on Thanksgiving every year. Thats not a favor we are getting....
The Cowboys volunteered to play on Thanksgiving back when no one else wanted it, and it's always at home.

But I'm sure you'll find another reason to cry about it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
These conspiracy threads just get worse and worse.
28 years of next to nothing are hard to swallow. The Cowboys are not run well enough to get over the top or THE NFL IS OUT TO SCREW US!

One makes for a reality check, the other is a comforting rationalization.

GMO415

Reaction score
This is absolutely mind-blowing to this point.

Home Games: Bills, Dolphins, 49ers, Vikings. These were all playoff teams from a year ago, with three of them being top-3 seeds. Also, the first of each of their divisional games are played at home.

Their road games? Patriots, Jets, and Rams (not playoff teams in 2022), as well as Bucs without Brady. They had KC, but there was a home game before and two home games after.

Typically, the No. 1 seed from a year ago has the toughest road. Why does Philly get a break?

Also, I recognize Philly is a well-run organization, a darn good team, and they deserve to beat us earlier this month. Not taking anything away from them. But between the refs favoring them seemingly every game and this schedule, I can’t help but think the NFL is setting them up for success this year.
sad-man-crying-meme-ewgjulv950crqr8m.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
The NFL needs Hurts and the Eagles, and we know why. The dream scenario for the league would be a Philly KC rematch. I'd be willing to bet that it will be those 2 teams again. Its predetermined about 75% of the time. The refs just steer things. Pretty soon the league will have the word Entertainment behind the word NFL. Like WWE.

Rayman70

Reaction score
28 years of next to nothing are hard to swallow. The Cowboys are not run well enough to get over the top or THE NFL IS OUT TO SCREW US!

One makes for a reality check, the other is a comforting rationalization.
its not either or. Its both.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is absolutely mind-blowing to this point.

Home Games: Bills, Dolphins, 49ers, Vikings. These were all playoff teams from a year ago, with three of them being top-3 seeds. Also, the first of each of their divisional games are played at home.

Their road games? Patriots, Jets, and Rams (not playoff teams in 2022), as well as Bucs without Brady. They had KC, but there was a home game before and two home games after.

Typically, the No. 1 seed from a year ago has the toughest road. Why does Philly get a break?

Also, I recognize Philly is a well-run organization, a darn good team, and they deserve to beat us earlier this month. Not taking anything away from them. But between the refs favoring them seemingly every game and this schedule, I can’t help but think the NFL is setting them up for success this year.