The NFL is setting the Eagles up for success

Dakota

Reaction score
Home/away is predetermined. Philly getting Miami/Buff at home just means they had them on the road 4 years ago and will have them on the road again in 4 years. The fact that they turned out to be the best 2 teams in the division right now when it was New England 4 years ago when Philly had them at home is random happenstance.
STOP IT!!! You're ruining the narrative!

DezTroy97

Reaction score
I live here its AWFUL. I probably here "Go Birds" 100X a day at my job.

Forget the eagles team, its the fans that I want the losses the most for
Same here. I look at Jalen Hurts and can't even be mad at the guy. Dude is a good ambassador for his team and the league. HC is a different story, but I hate the fans the most as well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is absolutely mind-blowing to this point.

Home Games: Bills, Dolphins, 49ers, Vikings. These were all playoff teams from a year ago, with three of them being top-3 seeds. Also, the first of each of their divisional games are played at home.

Their road games? Patriots, Jets, and Rams (not playoff teams in 2022), as well as Bucs without Brady. They had KC, but there was a home game before and two home games after.

Typically, the No. 1 seed from a year ago has the toughest road. Why does Philly get a break?

Also, I recognize Philly is a well-run organization, a darn good team, and they deserve to beat us earlier this month. Not taking anything away from them. But between the refs favoring them seemingly every game and this schedule, I can’t help but think the NFL is setting them up for success this year.
I've been saying it for the past several years, Roger Badell has ex-Eagles players working for him at the NFL headquarters.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Do people still not know how schedules are formed? It is as straight forward and uniform as it gets. They get those AFC East teams at home because the last time we played the AFC East in 2019, they got those teams on the road. Just like in 2019, we got Miami and Buffalo at home, and the Jets and Pats were on the road. Those are now flipped. And in 4 years, it flips again. Same as the NFC West. We get the 2 teams at home that we got on the road las time and vice versa.

You can talk about the refs bias all you want for the Eagles but the schedule is not random at all.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
It’s a weird thing that fans can’t give a rival team any credit and go as far as accusing the schedule maker of having favorites. I understand the hate but the schedule is strictly a predetermined formula.

plasticman

Reaction score
They set Philadelphia up for success?

The Eagles beat the Chiefs, the defending Super Bowl champions, in their own house. They still have to play the 49ers and the Cowboys. I hate them as much as anybody but give them their due.

Schedules are created by a formula that includes division opponents twice, rotating divisions from the other conference, and non-divisional conference games based on final standing from the previous season.

The Eagles beat the Cowboys in their first meeting, period. The fate of the Eagles were in the hands of the Cowboys. They didn't take advantage of the opportunity but that doesn't mean there won't be others.

I'll grant you, they are some lucky you-know-whats but no team has an endless streak of luck. I just want the Cowboys to break that streak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
72a8dca6-875d-476a-8dfb-75c0bad9cc05.jpg

StarOfGlory

Reaction score

Home Games: Bills, Dolphins, 49ers, Vikings. These were all playoff teams from a year ago, with three of them being top-3 seeds. Also, the first of each of their divisional games are played at home.

Their road games? Patriots, Jets, and Rams (not playoff teams in 2022), as well as Bucs without Brady. They had KC, but there was a home game before and two home games after.

Typically, the No. 1 seed from a year ago has the toughest road. Why does Philly get a break?

Also, I recognize Philly is a well-run organization, a darn good team, and they deserve to beat us earlier this month. Not taking anything away from them. But between the refs favoring them seemingly every game and this schedule, I can’t help but think the NFL is setting them up for success this year.
Schedules are determined not only from the previous year but home/away for interconference is determined by whether or not the last time they played it was a home or away game--which could have been four years prior. Stop the schedule conspiracy nonsense.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score

Why did you skip @ tampa who was a playoff team?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

All of that and the real reason we're where we are is because we couldn't win in Arizona.

renny

Reaction score

Exactly

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

its not a conspiracy. the games are set in stone based on conference, division and record. they play against NFC divisions play AFC divisions and it rotates each year to a different division and the home/away alternates. so if this year we play NE at home, 4 years from now we play NE away (so 2023 NE in Dallas, 2019 it was in NE). same with NFC division games, which rotate every three years in the same manner. plus 6 division games. so that's a total of 14 games that are set in stone and you can count on those for the next however many years. the other three games are based on where you finished in your division, who you play and if its home or away. I can tell you the home/away games and opponents (at least 14 of them) for the next 20 years. like I said, the other 3 depends on where you finish in the division.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I live here its AWFUL. I probably here "Go Birds" 100X a day at my job.

Forget the eagles team, its the fans that I want the losses the most for
really that's what you're tired of hearing I'm tired of seeing the fly Eagles fly nonsense at the end of every damn post one of these green midgets post.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why did you skip @ tampa who was a playoff team?
He did put it there but you got to face them without Tom Brady I mean I'm pretty sure he was clear about that that's why he got counting it I mean you got that lucky last year where how many teams did you play without their starting quarterback or missing a bunch of their starters??

bottleKids

Reaction score
Home/away is predetermined. Philly getting Miami/Buff at home just means they had them on the road 4 years ago and will have them on the road again in 4 years. The fact that they turned out to be the best 2 teams in the division right now when it was New England 4 years ago when Philly had them at home is random happenstance.
Some of us rather think the world is out to get us, so you are wasting your time using the logic to reply to OP. For example to all the conspiracy thinking people like OP, next season our Home and Away games are already determined to an extent:

@Pittsburgh
@Atlanta
@Carolina
@Cleveland

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
the schedules are done via preset rules, if there is anything seemingly giving one team an advantage in a given season it will even out over the course of a few seasons