The NFL world is freaking out about a rumored, potentially damaging Dez Bryant video that no one kno

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
i mean i can't think of a better scenerio/hypothetical given the material. someone present one to me? im not trying to argue just curious just like the rest of us. consider DEZs comments of course.

assuming there is a vid of course. again all speculative.

The only thing I can think of is that someone in Dez' circle at one time may have threatened him with exposing some kind of embarrassing news. He may or may not have contacted some people about selling a video. Since the video doesn't exist it has never been revealed but the rumor never died. I'm sure Dez may have done something he wouldn't want exposed so he may not know exactly what is being talked about. All he knows is that someone betrayed him and he did some things in the past that may not be criminal but may be embarrassing.

I truly believe that Dallas and Dez differ significantly on his worth with the new deal. Dallas wants a long term deal with minimal guarantees for around 11-12m. Dez and his new people are probably looking for closer to 15-16m with 30m+ guaranteed. Since the franchise tag is 12.7m both sides are comfortable with that for a year, no matter what they say. With no urgency the deal is dragging. Since people need something to talk and write about, all kinds of weird theories and rumors about the lack of a contract have taken over. Guys like Florio aren't afraid of throwing out bs to get hits. Schefter has been investigating an Urban Legend since Sept but has come up empty, just like everyone else.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
From what I understand someone is trying to get an outlet to buy a video and has only shown screenshots. No one is buying and TMZ would be all over this like stink on . . . well you know. Seeing that Dez is implying he knows the people involved, there are some legs there. OTOH, no sharks are biting anyway. If sports journalists show little restraint, the types that pursue Roc Nation clients is on another level of impunity.

CutMeMick

Reaction score
Lets put some pieces together, shall we:

Assumptions:
(1) The alleged video is reportedly footage from "a few years ago".
(2) Its rumored that if seen, it'd have a "Ray Rice" affect on the viewer.
(3) This smacks of a "domestic violence" angle, IMO.
(4) Dez had a domestic violence situation "a few years ago" involving his mother.
(5) That situation was eventually "settled" but details were sketchy.

Conclusion:
I submit that the video shows footage directly related to the above-mentioned incident, or similar incidents....and if it DOES involve his mother (allegedly),
then Dez is toast.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that someone in Dez' circle at one time may have threatened him with exposing some kind of embarrassing news. He may or may not have contacted some people about selling a video. Since the video doesn't exist it has never been revealed but the rumor never died. I'm sure Dez may have done something he wouldn't want exposed so he may not know exactly what is being talked about. All he knows is that someone betrayed him and he did some things in the past that may not be criminal but may be embarrassing.

I truly believe that Dallas and Dez differ significantly on his worth with the new deal. Dallas wants a long term deal with minimal guarantees for around 11-12m. Dez and his new people are probably looking for closer to 15-16m with 30m+ guaranteed. Since the franchise tag is 12.7m both sides are comfortable with that for a year, no matter what they say. With no urgency the deal is dragging. Since people need something to talk and write about, all kinds of weird theories and rumors about the lack of a contract have taken over. Guys like Florio aren't afraid of throwing out bs to get hits. Schefter has been investigating an Urban Legend since Sept but has come up empty, just like everyone else.

interesting. i have to mull this over a bit more. appreciate that speculative insight here.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lets put some pieces together, shall we:

Assumptions:
(1) The alleged video is reportedly footage from "a few years ago".
(2) Its rumored that if seen, it'd have a "Ray Rice" affect on the viewer.
(3) This smacks of a "domestic violence" angle, IMO.
(4) Dez had a domestic violence situation "a few years ago" involving his mother.
(5) That situation was eventually "settled" but details were sketchy.

Conclusion:
I submit that the video shows footage directly related to the above-mentioned incident, or similar incidents....and if it DOES involve his mother (allegedly),
then Dez is toast.

I think the exact opposite.
My Assumptions:
1. There is no video, only a poor quality picture
2. In this photo, there is a man who may look like Dez
3. This man is either threatening a woman with a gun or molesting her
4. Someone in Bryant's family has this so-called photo
5. He/she was cut off from the free goods and services
6. They are now trying to extort something from Dez because they think that they deserve a piece
7. Nothing can be proved in this poor photo
8. Dez signs a nice, new contract before the draft

It is quite simply, a disgruntled family member stirring up the pot trying to get paid because he/she is too lazy to work for some money, they want a free ride and Dez has had enough of his past friends or family come to his door with their hands held out. This is IMO only............

Nirvana

Reaction score
"I might need to do a exclusive interview about my life these past five years since the world is destined to know."

These points have probably been brought up, but I find it interesting that time frame was used, and the incident at Wal Mart supposedly happened in 2011. The date of this rumor was not broadly known at the time of the tweet.

And the "destined to know" is like a concession that his past is about to be revealed and so he should do an interview to try to set things straight.

"I use to let people take advantage of my life now that I'm no longer allowing that to happen it seems to be a problem."

It's interesting to me that he is sort of hinting at the motive for this happening now. Ie. he was letting someone use him for his cash, and now isn't, so they are making a problem for him with a video they posess. How they could posess a Wal Mart parking lot surveillance video is hard to fathom, I am wondering if this got altered in the relay of info here, and it's actually a cell phone video. That would make more sense how a friend/family member of Dez could possess the video.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dez goes to Walmart. Then only the surveillance camera was able to catch him beating up someone in the parking lot. Yeah right....

If Dez was gonna beat someone up it sure ain't gonna be at a Walmart parking lot full of people. Those same people would have already said something by now if they saw Dez clobbering someone in the parking lot.

Come on fellas. This is the silliest hoax ever. There is no video.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Dez goes to Walmart. Then only the surveillance camera was able to catch him beating up someone in the parking lot. Yeah right....

If Dez was gonna beat someone up it sure ain't gonna be at a Walmart parking lot full of people. Those same people would have already said something by now if they saw Dez clobbering someone in the parking lot.

We know next to nothing about this, yet people are piling on this.

Wait for the facts.

Oh, wait!

Deflategate proved people want to be willfully ignorant before the facts are in.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

Wait for the facts.

Oh, wait!

Deflategate proved people want to be willfully ignorant before the facts are in.

There is nothing willful about it. We are forced to speculate because no one has said or revealed anything substantive yet.

Doomsay

Reaction score

Wait for the facts.

Oh, wait!

Kind of reminds me of the single-mindedness of one hit bands like the Dropkick Murphys:

"I'm shipping up to Boston to find my new bandwagon team"

jimmy40

Reaction score

actually someone that hangs out in a shopping mall with his pants hanging off his *** is exactly who would be in a Walmart parking lot doing something stupid and how many Walmart shoppers are going to run up to an altercation in the parking lot to see what is going on. Now I'm going to take a shower because i feel stinky from posting in one of these stupid threads.

black label

Reaction score
I just saw the video. It shows Dez walking into a closet with adam schefter.
The only problem is Dez had a giant zucchini in his hand.
01r0PnX.jpg

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
And you guys better believe that the dirtbags on WIP in Philly are having a field day with this rumor. Good thing those clowns are not judge and jury.

Actually, on 97.5, they were kind of dismissing it, and a couple of them admitted it sounded like BS.
My Eagle fan friends, of course, are quite certain something happened.

Frozen700

Reaction score
"I might need to do a exclusive interview about my life these past five years since the world is destined to know."

These points have probably been brought up, but I find it interesting that time frame was used, and the incident at Wal Mart supposedly happened in 2011. The date of this rumor was not broadly known at the time of the tweet.

And the "destined to know" is like a concession that his past is about to be revealed and so he should do an interview to try to set things straight.

"I use to let people take advantage of my life now that I'm no longer allowing that to happen it seems to be a problem."

It's interesting to me that he is sort of hinting at the motive for this happening now. Ie. he was letting someone use him for his cash, and now isn't, so they are making a problem for him with a video they posess. How they could posess a Wal Mart parking lot surveillance video is hard to fathom, I am wondering if this got altered in the relay of info here, and it's actually a cell phone video. That would make more sense how a friend/family member of Dez could possess the video.

To be honest. Not a shot at Dez. I don't think he's that great of a speaker, and probably used a word that sounded good at the time.

I think he really meant, since the world is "dying" to know. Like the fact they keep bringing up his past, it's like they want to know everything.

Just my thoughts. There have been times in my past, where I would use a word in a sentence, that sounded good, in the heat of the moment, but did it not portray exactly what I was trying to say.

You hear the phrase he used, a lot. Even in movies or shows sometimes.