The offensive line . . .

Angus

Reaction score
I thought the line played pretty well until the later period when Adams seemed to run out of gas. The middle of the line held off the push from the middle of the Jacksonville defensive line for the most part.

Gaede

Reaction score
yeah, I thought they did a pretty good job. They let em through a couple times but other than that, it was definitely not a trainwreck

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
It sounded as if Parcells wanted to hang Adams out to dry during the post-game PC but he held his comments, saying that he'd wait until he saw the film on the offensive lineman.

Regardless, it ain't going to be pretty for these guys come next team meeting & practice.

ratpower

Reaction score
Sorry, the O-Line is what it is, mediocre at best. There was no running game and their defense did not even blitz and had pressure on Bledsoe from the 2nd qtr on. Just because there are no sacks, does not mean the line did well.

The only hope we have is to pass first to open the run with these guys...either way we never upgraded our biggest weakness from last year...that's on BP.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
ratpower said:
Sorry, the O-Line is what it is, mediocre at best. There was no running game and their defense did not even blitz and had pressure on Bledsoe from the 2nd qtr on. Just because there are no sacks, does not mean the line did well.

The only hope we have is to pass first to open the run with these guys...either way we never upgraded our biggest weakness from last year...that's on BP.
:fact: :popcorn:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
this Oline played like crap...again no run game and pass blocking was weak

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ratpower said:

Wuhhh??? Did you even watch the game? They blitzed quite a bit.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
The OL was inconsistent and is likely to remain that way through the season, particularly against the better defenses.

If that's reality, then the team needs to deal with it, and play the QB that gives them the best chance to win given the limitations of the OL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Our backs averaged over 4 yards a carry. Sorry but some people are really seeming to take stupid pills after losses.

i think Im going to call it Drew Bledsoe syndrome.

Little Jr

Reaction score
IMO the OL played ok. As far as us not running the ball very well was due mostly to the great game plan of running the ball right up the midde on a D who is know to be one of the best right up the middle.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't know what game you all were watching, but the OL was horrible.

They made freakin' SPICER look like Reggie White for krissakes!

The interior OL was below average, and both our tackles were horrible.

And to top it all off, Bledsoe handled the pressure like a rookie.

And JuJo did good when he had a gaping hole to run through, and was his usually "run into the pile" self when he didn't have a nice perfect gaping hole to run through.

And that PI call on Witten was garbage. Randy Moss commits worse PI penalties then that when he running routes on air. Seriousy, that was f'in weak.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Our backs averaged over 4 yards a carry. Sorry but some people are really seeming to take stupid pills after losses.

i think Im going to call it Drew Bledsoe syndrome.

:hammer:

btw, this Jax D was top 5 in the NFL in sacks last year, we did good pass-blocking considering we dont' have an elite line

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
this Oline played like crap...again no run game and pass blocking was weak

No run game?

We averaged 4 YPC against an outstanding front 7.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Jax might have the best D-line in football.

That's a load of crap. Their DEs are average on a good day, and half their interior DL didn't even play.

At their strongest they aren't in the running for "Best DL in football".

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
That's a load of crap. Their DEs are average on a good day, and half their interior DL didn't even play.

At their strongest they aren't in the running for "Best DL in football".

but still, this D had 47 sacks a year ago, and it's essentially the same minus Stroud

Little Jr

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:hammer:

btw, this Jax D was top 5 in the NFL in sacks last year, we did good pass-blocking considering we dont' have an elite line

I guess that my point. I dont expect them to play like Indys OL. So for what we have I thought we did ok. I think they'll get better as the year goes on. This loss falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff and Bledsoe.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
and if Bledsoe connected on some throws, we wouldn't be pointing out how "horrible" the line looked