The offensive line . . .

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
and if Bledsoe connected on some throws, we wouldn't be pointing out how "horrible" the line looked

If .. If ...

If the OL blocked better, Bledsoe WOULD have connected on some throws.

See how that works?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
If .. If ...

See how that works?

true, but you guys are expecting the Dallas Cowboy's line to turn into the Colt's line overnight, because the Jag's D can bring the heat w/ the best of them

braw

Reaction score
Rack said:
If .. If ...

See how that works?

Like the pass to TO for the TD was a beauty.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
true, but you guys are expecting the Dallas Cowboy's line to turn into the Colt's line overnight, because the Jag's D can bring the heat w/ the best of them

Really? You telling me what my expectations are now?

See that's your problem, you assume way too much.

If I didn't post it, then don't accuse me of expecting it.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Rack said:
If .. If ...

See how that works?

IFs are IFs. The one to TO on the sidelines should had been a TD. Got lucky and got a PI call on it. The other on over the middle to TO should had been a TD. Neither did he have pressure.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
Really? You telling me what my expectations are now?

See that's your problem, you assume way too much.

If I didn't post it, then don't accuse me of expecting it.

I'm just trying to figure out what you guys expected today from our Oline against a very, very good pass-rushing team

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Little Jr said:
IFs are IFs. The one to TO on the sidelines should had been a TD. Got lucky and got a PI call on it. The other on over the middle to TO should had been a TD. Neither did he have pressure.

Pressure on the qb doesn't necessarily have to happen on any given play where the QB missed a WR.

If the QB is pressure enough, he'll think of the pressure even on a play where he has no pressure.

That said, I think he just underthrew the first one to TO, and on the second one thought he had to throw it out a bit further cuz he underthrew the first one.

Still, both those plays are just TWO plays. I'm talking about the pressure he had throughout the whole game.

I'm just trying to figure out what you guys expected today from our Oline against a very, very good pass-rushing team

I expected Flo to be able to handle ANY of their sorry DEs (spicer is average at best). I expected to get pressure up the middle, not on the edges. Even Marcellus freakin' Wiley got close to a sack once.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Rack said:
Pressure on the qb doesn't necessarily have to happen on any given play where the QB missed a WR.

If the QB is pressure enough, he'll think of the pressure even on a play where he has no pressure.

That said, I think he just underthrew the first one to TO, and on the second one thought he had to throw it out a bit further cuz he underthrew the first one.

Still, both those plays are just TWO plays. I'm talking about the pressure he had throughout the whole game. .

I agree but after 13 years in the NFL he should have a little more poise than that. Besides the 2 passes was on the 4th drive. He hadnt got that much pressure on him at that time

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Little Jr said:
I agree but after 13 years in the NFL he should have a little more poise than that. Besides the 2 passes was on the 4th drive. He hadnt got that much pressure on him at that time

He "should" but he doesn't.

I already explained his problem on those two passes. Plus, on the second one, Witten banged into TO at the beginning of the route, and it was obvious (at least it was to me) that it threw off the timing of that route. TO probably would of been right where the ball was if not for him and Witten banging into eachother.

wileedog

Reaction score
The way I see it, the Oline has been repeatedly cited as the #1 weakness on this team. Furthermore, Flo has been touted as the #1 reason for hope on the oline.

Bottom line, the line is not why we lost this game. THey certainly reminded nobody of the 92 squad, but Bledsoe wasn't getting gang-raped like he was at the end of last year by any means.

THis loss is all on Bledsoe, who missed open receivers, seemed to get happy feet worse than I;ve ever seen him in Dallas, and made more than a few questionable throws. Honestly, I cant think of one pass that he nailed on the money today, other than maybe Witten's non-TD. Even the big Glenn completion he underthrew, which should have been a TD.

Horrible day for Bledsoe. A lot of QBs would have been fine with the protection, average as it was, he got today.

gbrittain

Reaction score
wileedog said:
The way I see it, the Oline has been repeatedly cited as the #1 weakness on this team. Furthermore, Flo has been touted as the #1 reason for hope on the oline.

Bottom line, the line is not why we lost this game. THey certainly reminded nobody of the 92 squad, but Bledsoe wasn't getting gang-raped like he was at the end of last year by any means.

THis loss is all on Bledsoe, who missed open receivers, seemed to get happy feet worse than I;ve ever seen him in Dallas, and made more than a few questionable throws. Honestly, I cant think of one pass that he nailed on the money today, other than maybe Witten's non-TD. Even the big Glenn completion he underthrew, which should have been a TD.

Horrible day for Bledsoe. A lot of QBs would have been fine with the protection, average as it was, he got today.

To blame the offensive line is naive at best. People act like we are going to get the "Great Wall of China" around Bledsoe. QBs get knocked and sacked, it happens.

People keep waiting for the perfect OL to come to Bledsoe's rescue and it is not going to happen. Ever.

Like you said this OL is not great by any stretch, but it was good enough to win and Bledsoe was not.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
wileedog said:

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

No loss is EVER on any ONE player. Especially today's game. It was a group effort. Let's not forget our D couldn't stop anyone and allowed 24 points (and it should of been 27).

wileedog

Reaction score
Rack said:

No loss is EVER on any ONE player. Especially today's game. It was a group effort. Let's not forget our D couldn't stop anyone and allowed 24 points (and it should of been 27).
The D was on the field for 34 minutes, largely because of Bledsoe's ineptitude. Of course they are going to wear down. ANd excpet for one drive in the 4th, its not like Jax was marching up and down the field the whole game, they were being aided by stupid penalties and good field position thanks to Drew's INTs.

No, its not ALL Drew's fault. BUt if I wanted to point at one thing which started the train deraliment and let it spiral, I would certainly pick him before I came close to mentioning the offensive line.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rack said:

Actually it is all on Bledsoe you sanctimonious turd. That first interception was directly responsible not only for 7 points for them but at least 3 points for us. Thats a 10 point swing. We go into the half up by as little as 7 or as much as 14 and all of a sudden Parcells is able to manage a game with a lead. Hes at his best in that scenario and instead were tied.

Even despite the 2nd down calls when they tried to run straight into a run blitz we managed to be able get 4.2 yards a carry and with a lead we could have continued to exploit that. Instead we are in a position where by his next turnover we are playing from behind.

Jacks knew we had to pass and all of a suddenwe start feeling a pass rush. Sure Flo was winded but they were teeing off from midway thru the 3rd onward.

And even despite this the defense had held tough enough to keep us in the game and get us the ball back and a chance to tie and he throws the ball straight at a LB and gets picked off.

Bledsoe is directly responsible for at least 10 of their points and if you cannot understand how that would make a difference in the outcome I guess I wouldnt be surprised.

I really think you should stick to meeting schedules at a div 2 school and perhaps techique work for DEs because other than those a being haughty adversaerial and sanctimonious you really dont offer much.

Eh, Chachi?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Angus said:
I thought the line played pretty well until the later period when Adams seemed to run out of gas. The middle of the line held off the push from the middle of the Jacksonville defensive line for the most part.

I thought the line played okay and I felt they were not the problem. Flozell Adams had 2 false start penalties.

I know he is deaf in I believe his Right Ear and I wonder if that affects him.

Some of the interceptions Bledsoe threw, especially the last one, he was not under much pressure.

I personally think Parcells will take this performance by the Offensive Line any day of the week.

- Mike G.

Barbarino

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Actually it is all on Bledsoe you sanctimonious turd.

I see Rack was banned, was it cuz he got called a Turd?

i didn't relize this was the ranch.