The official big fat The Jones are inept and screwing up this team in FA thread **merged**

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Unlike the rams or bucs, they didn’t “go after it”. They didn’t chase the champions. Instead they pretty much destroyed several key pieces because of their inability to close a deal or chase a deal

I can’t tell if this is because they are inept or they simply do not care about winning anymore
Or players see the charade....and want nothing to do with it.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Not going to lie... this post hurts to write.

I was scratching my head with tagging Dalton Shultz.
I was scratching my head with cutting Cooper. Trading seemed smarter. But then to only get a 5th??? (Something is better than nothing, but Cooper is better than a 5th)
I was coming around when we re-upped Gregory and Hooker and Tank... I thought... ok we get Cooper off the cap. Good young talent at WR. Ok, ok...

Then Gregory reverses course. We seem so shocked by it we have no backup plan and now we are floundering.

Releasing Collins outright. :eek:

I think it's safe to say. This team has crapped the bed this offseason.

J_Allen

Reaction score
We're getting rid of players who don't need to be here. Coop, Gregory, and Collins all needed to go.

We have got to change the culture of this team.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
No and it’s funny because a lot of media and beat writers that used to just give them a pass are now piling on

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I was scratching my head with cutting Cooper. Trading seemed smarter. But then to only get a 5th??? (Something is better than nothing, but Cooper is better than a 5th)
I was coming around when we re-upped Gregory and Hooker and Tank... I thought... ok we get Cooper off the cap. Good young talent at WR. Ok, ok...

Then Gregory reverses course. We seem so shocked by it we have no backup plan and now we are floundering.

I don’t understand why fans are having a heart attack because the Cowboys released Collins. This guy has stolen money the last two seasons. The Cowboys should have released him after that mess with not taking drug tests. It appears the Cowboys are finally getting tough on players. That is a good thing.

Creeper

Reaction score
The weird thing is we thought the OL was a weakness going into the offseason. As of now we are going with Tyron Smith who is more than likely going to mist 3 or more games, ? at LG, Biadasz at C, Martin at RG and Steele at RT. How did our OL improve? Who will be competing for the LG position? Most likely a rookie draft pick, probably 2nd or 3rd round and Connor McGovern who was awful last year. Then at RT we are rolling the dice with Steele who was okay but in the end Collins won his job back. To pay your QB $160 million and not go all out to protect him is bizarre. Look at what the Bucs did when they found out Brady was returning. That trade for Shaq Mason was a great deal. An all-pro G for a 5th round pick. But the Bucs were not going to go into the season without addressing the retirement of Ali Marpet.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Seriously, it's been dysfunctional for quite some time.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I don’t understand why fans are having a heart attack because the Cowboys released Collins. This guy has stolen money the last two seasons. The Cowboys should have released him after that mess with not taking drug tests. It appears the Cowboys are finally getting tough on players. That is a good thing.
It's not a heart attack... it's dissapointment.

We have/had a good team. We had/have some issues with discipline and could use a few upgrades and I get clearing some cap space and cleaning out knuckle heads. But there is also team building and we are now at a point where I don't see how we are going to field a complete team to compete for a championship.

We had issues with the OL. We now have HOLES!!!

We had issues with the DL. We now have HOLES!!!!

We had a position of strength. WR. We now have Questions.

We have gone backwards on everything.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

We have/had a good team. We had/have some issues with discipline and could use a few upgrades and I get clearing some cap space and cleaning out knuckle heads. But there is also team building and we are now at a point where I don't see how we are going to field a complete team to compete for a championship.

We got rid of two knuckleheads. I think that is a win/win. Free agency just started let’s see what happens. Most free agents fail anyway.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

Where have we seen this before????:(

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Allow me to speak for Jerry and Stephen

HA HA HA We're professional football people.
You fans know nothing.

For 25 years:facepalm: