Sticky: The official Dak sucks thread

zeke21

Reaction score
So specifically this is EXACTLY why I put this loss 70% on Dak (which is a lot for a single player in a total and epic dumpster fire of a game):
First offensive series, 3 positive runs to start the game and the chains are moving. First pass play called, Dak gets confused by the high safeties and dumps for no gain. We go back to a short run but still need 8 years for 1st down. Dak panics, throws a ball high and wide and CeeDee doesn't make the catch. Will agree that CeeDee has been bailing Dak out all season by making those catches but in this moment, he can't make the adjustment. PUNT.

Right now, the Defence is the same as EVERYONE else.. they are already thinking.. is this another Dak Disaster. Now they are aware that they are going to have to be perfect. They come out and they get the stop. They force the Punt.. and go and sit on the sidelines and now the whole squad is watching the undisputed leader of any NFL team.. the QB. Dak simply MUST put together a drive and get points. Both to give the D a rest and to show that we are 'in' this game.

Dak comes out and goes for a deep pass to cooks.. it isn't catchable. We then go back to the run and get a decent 5 yard gain. Our run game is, at this point, working. MM goes back to the pass.
Dak gets intercepted on a lazy sideline pass. The same pass that has been intercepted countless times in the last 14 months because Dak simply can not process the coverage dropping down on the wide flat. It is almost a Pick 6. The air goes RIGHT out of the building. Right out of the defence. GB has the ball and is already in field goal range.

The D can't hold to the field goal and GB is now up 14 points. Our offence has been on the field for 3 minutes of the entire first quarter. Everyone, including the players, has seen this car crash before. Dak has a first quarter stat line of 1/4 for 0 yards and 1 interception. No one is feeling good. CeeDee (a known 'introvert') is clearly struggling for confidence.

Our third offensive series.. needs to be a winner. It is almost a carbon copy of the first drive. 3 solid runs to start.. the chains a moving. Our run game is officially working. Then Dak has his longest pass of the first quarter.. a risky ball in between 4 defenders that Fergie manages to alley oop leap and catch. However.. Dak is sacked 2 downs later because he gets confused by the 1 cloud coverage of GBs safeties. Ends with a Punt. Defense then gives up another very long drive for a TD.

At this point, we get possession to start the next half. A true MVP QB.. a star QB.. this is when he knows that he must score and run down the clock to end to half and then score again to start the 2nd and the game can be salvaged.

Dak then does what Dak is prone to do. He gets picked off and this time it is a pick 6. It is an almost carbon copy of his first interception. Dak has once again not seen or processed the inside dropping defender.

The game, at this point, is over. Everything that happens from here is window dressing. That is why QBs get paid the mega dollars.. that is the pressure of the job. that is why they get all the praise and adulation when it goes well and why they must be held accountable when it goes wrong. The game wasn't over when we gave up a TD to start the game. You do not lose a football game because your Defence gives up two long, well constructed offensive drives. You lose when your QB both fails to create a meaningful drive and also turns the ball over twice and gives up 2 'bonus' scores to the opposition.

Right there.. that is when the entire Defence knows it is over. And that is all on Dak.

The reason why it becomes infuriating is because it is predictable.. this is not the first time Dak has failed under pressure.. in fact he has consistently and repeatedly failed under pressure. It is rarer for him to actual handle pressure and that is simply not good enough. I don't care what the guys say in the locker room or on the socials.. there is no way this squad has confidence in a proven loser. These are guys that know the score.. the QB is the most fundamentally important position on the field. Our QB is prone to panic, can be confused by any defensive schemes that involve changing zones and struggles to make even the most basic passes under pressure.

If Dak keeps his job then we will never get anywhere. We must invest in a QB.

TheHerd

Reaction score
His two int's basically set the tone for the rest of the game. The defense get a stop and Prescott promptly goes out tosses an INT and puts the defense right back out there with GB's offense having a short field. Then to add to that he tosses another INT that goes for a pick 6. That pretty much ended the game. 14 points off turn overs by your QB.
are you suggesting the defense was ok today? Dak sucked, but seriously?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I don’t see myself watching much next year. I have to figure how to transition from being hard core fan of 46 years to a casual. Hardcore defined as scheduling life events around game times. I will never do that again as long as Jerry still runs team. I’m going to look back on my death bed and realize I wasted an enormous amount of time following this flaming clown car franchise . Fishing trips, walks in the park with my wife and dogs, camping , car shows . It’s not worth it anymore .

toto1939

Reaction score
I'm unaware that Dak was playing on the defense that allowed 42 points...usually, you don't win many games like that

starman22

Reaction score
Dak was huge in the loss, but c'mon, Ferguson and Gallup were the only two Cowboys that showed up. No one on defense remotely gave any effort.
IMO, the Cowboys offense is supposed to be the actual strength of the team, we needed them to at least score some points before it got to 27-0. Did they not have the ball in their hands after every score by GB?

It has been pointed out many times that this defense is one that needs to play with a lead, and it was painfully obvious today to be true. Dak really had a chance to change his narrative today and he fell flat on his face.

KB1122

Reaction score
One of the best moments on the broadcast was when they were showing Cowboy receivers consecutively running routes. And Olsen says, "you can see that Dak had nothing on that play" and I'm thinking, "All three of those guys were open! That's NFL open!"

Swagger

Reaction score
So specifically this is EXACTLY why I put this loss 70% on Dak (which is a lot for a single player in a total and epic dumpster fire of a game):
First offensive series, 3 positive runs to start the game and the chains are moving. First pass play called, Dak gets confused by the high safeties and dumps for no gain. We go back to a short run but still need 8 years for 1st down. Dak panics, throws a ball high and wide and CeeDee doesn't make the catch. Will agree that CeeDee has been bailing Dak out all season by making those catches but in this moment, he can't make the adjustment. PUNT.

Right now, the Defence is the same as EVERYONE else.. they are already thinking.. is this another Dak Disaster. Now they are aware that they are going to have to be perfect. They come out and they get the stop. They force the Punt.. and go and sit on the sidelines and now the whole squad is watching the undisputed leader of any NFL team.. the QB. Dak simply MUST put together a drive and get points. Both to give the D a rest and to show that we are 'in' this game.

Dak comes out and goes for a deep pass to cooks.. it isn't catchable. We then go back to the run and get a decent 5 yard gain. Our run game is, at this point, working. MM goes back to the pass.
Dak gets intercepted on a lazy sideline pass. The same pass that has been intercepted countless times in the last 14 months because Dak simply can not process the coverage dropping down on the wide flat. It is almost a Pick 6. The air goes RIGHT out of the building. Right out of the defence. GB has the ball and is already in field goal range.

The D can't hold to the field goal and GB is now up 14 points. Our offence has been on the field for 3 minutes of the entire first quarter. Everyone, including the players, has seen this car crash before. Dak has a first quarter stat line of 1/4 for 0 yards and 1 interception. No one is feeling good. CeeDee (a known 'introvert') is clearly struggling for confidence.

Our third offensive series.. needs to be a winner. It is almost a carbon copy of the first drive. 3 solid runs to start.. the chains a moving. Our run game is officially working. Then Dak has his longest pass of the first quarter.. a risky ball in between 4 defenders that Fergie manages to alley oop leap and catch. However.. Dak is sacked 2 downs later because he gets confused by the 1 cloud coverage of GBs safeties. Ends with a Punt. Defense then gives up another very long drive for a TD.

At this point, we get possession to start the next half. A true MVP QB.. a star QB.. this is when he knows that he must score and run down the clock to end to half and then score again to start the 2nd and the game can be salvaged.

Dak then does what Dak is prone to do. He gets picked off and this time it is a pick 6. It is an almost carbon copy of his first interception. Dak has once again not seen or processed the inside dropping defender.

The game, at this point, is over. Everything that happens from here is window dressing. That is why QBs get paid the mega dollars.. that is the pressure of the job. that is why they get all the praise and adulation when it goes well and why they must be held accountable when it goes wrong. The game wasn't over when we gave up a TD to start the game. You do not lose a football game because your Defence gives up two long, well constructed offensive drives. You lose when your QB both fails to create a meaningful drive and also turns the ball over twice and gives up 2 'bonus' scores to the opposition.

Right there.. that is when the entire Defence knows it is over. And that is all on Dak.

The reason why it becomes infuriating is because it is predictable.. this is not the first time Dak has failed under pressure.. in fact he has consistently and repeatedly failed under pressure. It is rarer for him to actual handle pressure and that is simply not good enough. I don't care what the guys say in the locker room or on the socials.. there is no way this squad has confidence in a proven loser. These are guys that know the score.. the QB is the most fundamentally important position on the field. Our QB is prone to panic, can be confused by any defensive schemes that involve changing zones and struggles to make even the most basic passes under pressure.

If Dak keeps his job then we will never get anywhere. We must invest in a QB.
Sensational post. On point.