Sticky: The official Dak sucks thread

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Dak got owned by Jordan Love. The first TD he threw, despite the free rusher, was an absolute dime off the flick of the wrist. He never lost his composure and made beautiful throws. He made the type of throws that break defenses in the playoffs. Dak had never looked this composed in a playoff game. And this is Love’s first year.

This is a QB friendly league too…
Love was amazing today.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hi ow anybody blames Jerry in regards to Dak befuddles me. He kept it as Dak-friendly as possible. Dumbed down the offense, added Cook. Extended Gallup because he worked well with Dak. Gave Martin money this year. Drafted Smith two years ago.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I cannot scroll through all these pages, but that pick 6 was it, and the world knew we were done....I tried so hard to support him and not fall back to being a so called hater by the usual on here, but that was inexcuseable and again proves no matter how he looks during the regular season he is just trash when it counts. Now, no this debacle was not on just him, but he is supposed to be our leader and he failed, along with our defense. Get ready for however many more years of this as he ain't going anywhere either.

Pstevens

Reaction score
I think dak is top 15 to 20 just don’t think the cowboys can win without a top 5 need a quarterback

Slim_JD

Reaction score
Hi ow anybody blames Jerry in regards to Dak befuddles me. He kept it as Dak-friendly as possible. Dumbed down the offense, added Cook. Extended Gallup because he worked well with Dak. Gave Martin money this year. Drafted Smith two years ago.
Jerry Jones has really gotten better at stability and order along the oline and entire offense. During the Romo years Tony had to play in chaos and toxic locker rooms.

zeke21

Reaction score
D has a lot to answer for but the reality in the modern NFL is that a good offence will beat ANY defence. The rules and officiating are favoured towards offensive play.. the NFL haven't made a secret of that. They want high scoring highlight plays.

So yes the D strangely elected to start in zone and played far too loose and didn't get a turnover and failed to stop the run - but in actual fact.. Love played lights out. The scheme was great and he made a lot of throws.. like a lot of throws. He moved in the pocket, extended plays and the power in his arm.. wow.

So the modern league basically dictates that to be relevant you MUST have an elite QB. All other things being equal.. the result of games is more and more coming down to the QB. Yes even the best QB can't win without a stout defence or any receivers etc etc.. BUT a good QB with good receivers and a good scheme will beat any defence. We saw a similar thing with Texans and Browns. Browns have a great defence.. but didn't help against a rampaging Stroud and make up for Flacco not being able to produce.

This loss leaves a lot of egg on Quinn and MM. Defence still needs a serious upgrade for run defence and bigger bodies across the board. No questions there.

But at the end of the day.. our highest paid player.. our QB.. who has all pro receivers, linemen and a solid stable of TEs.. supported by a run game that was actually working early... absolutely pooped his pants yet again.

Dak is just not the guy and the sooner we move on the better. We have wasted 8 years and some unbelievable talent on the myth that is Dak. I just can not wait to be rid of him. Please please pleeeease Jerry.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You're not wrong but that sentence in bold is exactly why Jerry is liable

He shelling out huge money and doubling down on massive ineptitude year after year in the biggest moments

And when he gives him the biggest payday in NFL History soon, Dak will still be to blame but make no mistake Jerry will be culpable also

He's the one guy who can end this experiment at any time and he refuses

starman22

Reaction score
Man, I tried all off and now post season to root for this man...that is out of this fan's window now. It does no one any good to just lie to one's self.

I don't trust him any longer...no thanks. Building up upon failure tendencies wastes everything of value to a team. Real rewards and satisfaction. Showing emotions are good in movies, but if momentum is not first given to Dak Prescott, he is not disciplined to overcome and change field product.

He has some bad tendencies, of just using what is actually being read in a challenged all in on a win or go home basis. He gets his butt kicked if he has to carry all and against a tough team. He is too unsound in his own choices and is not worried about making really bad deliveries. He believes more in concepts than application of those values under pressure. He even had freedom of choices and in playoffs, didn't take putting all of his pride into achieving and not just being a part of what should look like success.

Simply, he was talented but more loser in nature than winner.

I wouldn't keep him in Dallas in this current environment. He might succeed, if the coaching staff completely changed.

If not a new staff, I wouldn't waste current talent and ability to bring economical change both. This is no longer a Bellichick era.
I feel your pain CC, I too have tried hard to believe with my heart and not my eyes.