*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

csirl

Reaction score
Jason produced those photos of Jerry zoners have mentioned in the past.

Plankton

Reaction score
Jerry is waiting for New Year's for the move to be made:

giphy.gif

Jipper

Reaction score
Pathetic and completely insulting to the fans

mehh....what is going to be gained by “firing” him vs letting his contract end in 14 days?

Like him or not, he is incredibly well respected and has been part of the organization basically his entire adult life.

I kinda like Jerry handling him with class personally, it’s not going to make a difference if it is today or in two weeks

erod

Reaction score
my moneys tomorrow in a presser around 10am..Jerry didnt want to share today as expected..he goes on his own day with more anticipation build up..
They already canceled tomorrow's noon presser.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I legit don't know why I continue to follow this team...
Neither do the rest of us.

Even down to how this is being done.

So contract expired or he was fired.

If you are telling coaches they need to go interviewing but you are playing games with your HC and keeping him in the building..

what is that? You going to hire the new coach or take inventory of Jason's desk as he loads his car to leave.?

Hands on sox and jocks Jerrah.

Dude has really lost it.

What real coach would want to coach here?

Jason Garrett, that's who.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
If it was any other (sane) organization, Garrett would've been gone after year four at most. Here, Jerry is still delaying the inevitable at year nine-and-a-half for no legitimate reason whatsoever. I'm not sure why the contract wouldn't have ended on the Monday following the last game of the year if the team didn't continue onto the postseason.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I still think it’s likely that Garrett is either gone or given one year since Zimmer and others have contracts that run out next year, but regardless, I don’t get why everyone thinks Jerry needed to do it today. The season ended yesterday, why should Jerry be in a rush just because that’s what some fans and the media want?

Fmart322

Reaction score
Jerry will do it tomorrow when he gets all of the NFL's attention all to himself.
Always the showman.

Gaede

Reaction score
I still think it’s likely that Garrett is either gone or given one year since Zimmer and others have contracts that run out next year, but regardless, I don’t get why everyone thinks Jerry needed to do it today. The season ended yesterday, why should Jerry be in a rush just because that’s what some fans and the media want?

Because the team needs to let other coaches know that this position is open. Timeliness is extremely important if there's a coach you want that other teams might also want.