FEATURED *** The Official New Head Coach Speculation Thread ***

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've also started to see Kubiaks name pop up more often. I truly don't know how to feel about it, other than I just don't want him.

The dude has a better track record than JG, kind of, but has literally been all over the place. He's got himself a few 8-8s on his wall too :D

Another cosmetic change. Does nothing to change the culture.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Several sources are now reporting Garrett is out - or will be when his contract expires - including USA Today, CBS Sports, ESPN etc …, although still no formal announcement from Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Skip Bayless is an absolute idiot. Says he’d rather have Jason Garrett over Lincoln Riley :facepalm:. I hope Jerry doesn’t listen to this fool.
Riley could be worse then Garrett. He could be over his head coaching the Cowboys. I am not impressed with anything he has done with Oklahoma. Has he coached the Sooners to any upset victories? He just beats who he supposed to beat and then loses in the semifinals of CFP when he plays against real teams and coaches. He has coached up Murray and Baker that is about it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I have no idea but I’m just glad we’re moving on for better or worse.

I would probably go with Urban Meyer but I don’t think the Jones boys could work with him. They need someone they can bully.
i'd have no real complaints on meyer. but concern would be in 2-3 years he decides he's had enough, again, and leaves us back to where we are today.

rhule or roman are my choices at current. we'll see how things go from here.

Aven8

Reaction score
Me, Urban or Riley.

Jerry, Dan Campbell or Eberflus.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meyer is the man.

Attended the pregame of Ohio state / Michigan two years ago. His pregame speech had an entire room ready to strap up and play.
If that's the criteria, this guy should be coach

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Meyer is the man.

Attended the pregame of Ohio state / Michigan two years ago. His pregame speech had an entire room ready to strap up and play.
Everyone in the Dallas Cowboys org has to be made uncomfortable. They have been very comfortable for far to long. It's time to shake things up in a big way. I just hope the Cowboys season ticket holders understand the kind of respect Urban Meyer's presence commands.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
i'd have no real complaints on meyer. but concern would be in 2-3 years he decides he's had enough, again, and leaves us back to where we are today.

rhule or roman are my choices at current. we'll see how things go from here.

I’m fine with not having a long term coach.

I don’t want a coach longer then 4 or 5 years unless they won something.

Change and change often until you find the guy. It doesn’t take a Super Bowl winning coach very long to win their 1st title.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
If Garrett is gone than the only thing i want to see is someone not currently associated with the Cowboys as the new head coach.

If it's an outside guy we can go back to coaches being judged by performance and nothing else. No more fear of firing family members.

If they fail they get replaced, just like real teams do it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m fine with not having a long term coach.

I don’t want a coach longer then 4 or 5 years unless they won something.

Change and change often until you find the guy. It doesn’t take a Super Bowl winning coach very long to win their 1st title.
A contract for a new coach is unlikely to be longer than 4-5 years anyway. Maybe not that long.