CFZ The official scorekeeper gave Zeke another broken tackle

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ya I would love to see one of these data companies produce a video of how they perform their analysis and what the rules are for a broken tackle, yards after contact, etc etc.

As with all things done by human beings it will never be perfect but some of the inconsistency is absolutely maddening. Just like the whole thing with the refs. Call all the penalties you want or no penalties but whatever you do, call it the same for both teams. I don't see how that's too much to ask.. but apparently it is..

terra

Reaction score
As with all things done by human beings it will never be perfect but some of the inconsistency is absolutely maddening. Just like the whole thing with the refs. Call all the penalties you want or no penalties but whatever you do, call it the same for both teams. I don't see how that's too much to ask.. but apparently it is..

What consequences are there, really, for the refs as it is? Until there is true accountability nothing will change.

IT seems the refs that screw up the most get away with it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Does the NFL's official scorekeeper read these boards? Yall probably saw my posts last week about how the scorekeeper has been screwing Zeke by dismissing his broken tackles. When I checked the numbers over the weekend they had awarded Zeke one whole broken tackle in the Thanksgiving game. He was at 4 heading into that game and 5 coming out of it. Anybody who watched that game knows damn well that was bunk. Apparently they re-watched the game and added another one. Maybe they saw the two tackles he broke on the way to his TD run. So now he has 6, tying him with TP for the team lead. Mind you I still say he had at least 5 broken tackles in that game but I guess .. baby steps..

On a side note they also appear to have corrected Dak's on target/on target numbers. But they charged him with 7 bad throws in the Thanksgiving game. Not sure I agree with that but it's an improvement over the 63% they had him at right after the game. Suffice it to say I no longer trust pro-football-reference as the definitive source for numbers.
What's the Official count on how many broken ankles he caused defenders that game ? ; )

Jarntt

Reaction score
Does the NFL's official scorekeeper read these boards? Yall probably saw my posts last week about how the scorekeeper has been screwing Zeke by dismissing his broken tackles. When I checked the numbers over the weekend they had awarded Zeke one whole broken tackle in the Thanksgiving game. He was at 4 heading into that game and 5 coming out of it. Anybody who watched that game knows damn well that was bunk. Apparently they re-watched the game and added another one. Maybe they saw the two tackles he broke on the way to his TD run. So now he has 6, tying him with TP for the team lead. Mind you I still say he had at least 5 broken tackles in that game but I guess .. baby steps..

On a side note they also appear to have corrected Dak's on target/on target numbers. But they charged him with 7 bad throws in the Thanksgiving game. Not sure I agree with that but it's an improvement over the 63% they had him at right after the game. Suffice it to say I no longer trust pro-football-reference as the definitive source for numbers.
Thank God, I hadn't been able to sleep all week worrying about this...

Redline360

Reaction score
What is the definition they use for a broken tackle?

You know how many times Zeke & Pollard let alone every other running back that gets hit in the backfield and gains a couple yards. To me that's a broken tackle but they really don't seem to count that. Broken tackle numbers would be huge for alot of rbs

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The bottom line:

Zeke is the best RB on team in short yardage situations, including the Redzone. This is not even debatable.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What is the definition they use for a broken tackle?

You know how many times Zeke & Pollard let alone every other running back that gets hit in the backfield and gains a couple yards. To me that's a broken tackle but they really don't seem to count that. Broken tackle numbers would be huge for alot of rbs

If the guy holds on and eventually rides you down then I guess it's not really a broken tackle.. just a delayed one. But I am talking about all the times we see Zeke and Pollard hit in the backfield and either spin off the guy or just run through him.. Now that collision usually starts them on the way down but the guy in the backfield almost never gets Zeke and a lot of times doesn't get Pollard either.. To me those should always count as broken tackles. You should not get credit for a tackle just for slowing a guy down so one of your mates can clean up. They sure as hell don't count sacks that way.. If a guy grabs the QB and the QB spins away and then the second guy comes in and finishes him off they don't credit the first guy with the sack.. so why do they give him a tackle or even an assist if it's on a running back? Again the lack of consistency drives me nuts.. Don't even get me started on the different "heel/toe" rules in the end zone versus on the sideline. I mean damn..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What's the Official count on how many broken ankles he caused defenders that game ? ; )

I know one category Zeke absolutely leads the league in is defenders needing to be helped off the field after tackling him. Even Henry doesn't do as much damage to the guys trying to tackle him as Zeke does. I counted 5 Giants defenders who needed a break after colliding with Zeke on Thanksgiving day..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I got 7. I think. I think he broke 2 tackles against the same guy.

Don't you absolutely hate the play design on that play though? Notice that all the linemen just stand up even at the point of attack.. Barber didn't have much choice but to try and cut it back but there was so much penetration he ended up retreating too far. It was a great run but a stupid decision and a terrible play design.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know one category Zeke absolutely leads the league in is defenders needing to be helped off the field after tackling him. Even Henry doesn't do as much damage to the guys trying to tackle him as Zeke does. I counted 5 Giants defenders who needed a break after colliding with Zeke on Thanksgiving day..
He is a BEAST!!!!!!

Reactions: BAT

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Zeke is a tank a fast tank and he can catch very well and he blocks like a 325 lb. lineman

ondaedg

Reaction score

When I played there was always a couple of guys who just hurt to tackle. They could be running the same speed and be pretty much the same weight as other guys but they hurt a heck of a lot more. To this day the only thing I can think of is a difference in the body type of the player or they had that “impact twitch”. Zeke reminds me of those guys.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke broke a tackle? This is indeed cause for celebration. Most threadworthy topic in ages.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Thanks, mate, this is something I'd like to be interested in.