CFZ The official scorekeeper gave Zeke another broken tackle

terra

Reaction score
Logic would indicate that a broken tackle is one in which the defender tried to tackle the player with the ball and failed; the player continuing on.
But this is the nfl so logic has little to do with it

Mr_437

Reaction score
Just eyeballing the games, Zeke rarely breaks tackles in the open field...it's like he finds contact and falls. Now this last game on Thanksgiving he balled and ran thru some tackles a lot better.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Just eyeballing the games, Zeke rarely breaks tackles in the open field...it's like he finds contact and falls. Now this last game on Thanksgiving he balled and ran thru some tackles a lot better.

I think he has been a little better about not seeking contact in the open field this year. Remember several years back he declared that early in games he was always trying to "set a physical tone" and "send a message" to the defense so he did seek out contact early in anticipation of being able to capitalize later on having done that dirty work early. It ok him several years but I think he has finally figured out that Kellen Moore isn't going to give him enough carries to reap the rewards of pounding on the defense early. The Cowboys have been content to simply let Pollard have those rewards and continue to use Zeke as the tenderizer. As it turns out this appears to be a winning formula so I applaud Zeke and TP for how they have handled it. I do think as the season wears on and Zeke focuses less on beating down the defense and more on maximizing each run we should see more explosive runs from him. Of course none of that happens if the line doesn't win, but that goes without saying.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I think he has been a little better about not seeking contact in the open field this year. Remember several years back he declared that early in games he was always trying to "set a physical tone" and "send a message" to the defense so he did seek out contact early in anticipation of being able to capitalize later on having done that dirty work early. It ok him several years but I think he has finally figured out that Kellen Moore isn't going to give him enough carries to reap the rewards of pounding on the defense early. The Cowboys have been content to simply let Pollard have those rewards and continue to use Zeke as the tenderizer. As it turns out this appears to be a winning formula so I applaud Zeke and TP for how they have handled it. I do think as the season wears on and Zeke focuses less on beating down the defense and more on maximizing each run we should see more explosive runs from him. Of course none of that happens if the line doesn't win, but that goes without saying.

Ya Zeke was running to contact and has been the last couple of years. The year he had the fumbling issues he had several carries where he would suddenly veer toward the defender with what I call an “impact twitch”. He lit up some guys including defensive linemen but it also caused the ball to pop out from the force of the collision. You can see in the slow mos the defender’s body take the impact too. Earl Campbell was like that where just before impact he would unload on the defender.