The OMG Philly Won, It's Over Thread **merged**

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Just gotta let it play out. If we lose tmrw, it's not over. We just have to be within one game of the eagles when we play them week 17. Thinking of it that way makes it sound doable. Which it is.

Well I;m sick because I wanted to celebrate the night of 12/22 after we clinched the Division and get to rest the starters for the 12/29 game

Dodger12

Reaction score
This argument is just so old and lame. We're talking about this team winning 5 straight with this defense. If the Cowboys win 5 straight, then I'd tip my hat to the team but they haven't won 5 straight since 2007.

Correction, they'd have to win 6 straight to ensure we win the division.

elcowboi

Reaction score
Way too many variables left to say it would be over but the Boys just need to maintain focus on the teams they play. They are starting to catch fire just like the Eagles. This is a big game for them.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
As I recall, you asked about Super Bowls:

Jerry's last Super Bowl was 17 years ago.

You want to compare what Landry accomplished in his last 17 years against what Jerry has accomplished over the past 17 years?

Go ahead and regale me with Landry tales.

It all boils down to Super Bowls.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
***EDIT*** Was supposed to say Philly and my phone auto corrected it. Ugh.

I think they will take the division. I just don't trust our team over the final 4 games. Philly was in a perfect position to lose but found a way to win and keep the heat on Dallas. I hope I wrong but I just don't trust our team.

Flame away

Your understandably pessimistic and anxious after so many years of failure. I maintain hope for the present, however.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We have to assume Philly is going to go 3-0 these next 3 weeks.

So, that means we can lose 1 game over the next 3 weeks.........so if we lose to Chicago, then its a must win game against the Packers and a must win game against the Skins.

So the season is not over if we lose to the Bears tomorrow, we just dont have any more free games to play with. Pretty much the next loss after the Bears game ends our season if we lose to them.

elcowboi

Reaction score
***EDIT*** Was supposed to say Philly and my phone auto corrected it. Ugh.

I think they will take the division. I just don't trust our team over the final 4 games. Philly was in a perfect position to lose but found a way to win and keep the heat on Dallas. I hope I wrong but I just don't trust our team.

Flame away

Reverse psychology at it's best. Lol.

Dodger12

Reaction score
lol Thanks for contributing. Im sure the someone gives a damn about you hat tip

By someone, I mean nobody at all.

Hey Jerry, why don't you post something meaningful instead of pointing out what this team did 20 years ago? No one cares in 2013........

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I don't see why we can't beat Philly here? We ave been excellent at home , I don't see Philly beating us here personally.

Exactly -- talk about over reaction. TheEagles are not a powerhouse they have been feasting on bad QB play and the day they get Stafford there's 8 inches of snow on the ground.

And all this past year stuff - funny didn't we beat the Eagles back to back in a win and get in followed by a playoff game?

I'd hate to be in a bunker with done of you guys - Geesh.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Not just in Philly.

Baltimore and New England won today after phantom calls late in the fourth qtr which directly contributed to them winning.

The call in New England was comical at the end and flacon threw a game ending int only to have a phantom p.i. Called on greenway.

Just like last week in the Arizona Philly game.

Theebs, you're bumming me out with that conspiracy talk.

You're making me wonder if one doesn't exist.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

And Landry had them. He went to five, in fact.

Successful coaches and owners get fired all the time. Sometimes, the game just passes you by. That's life.

Dodger12

Reaction score

And by the way Jerry, interesting how you mention Landry putting garbage on the field with no QB but you give your hero and alter-ego, Jerry Jones, a pass for the garbage he's been fielding. Nice touch.

mldardy

Reaction score
I think it's good for the mental health for all cowboys fans not to have that last game mean we need to win to get in the playoffs. We have to hopefully wrap it up on 12/22 and hope for a Minnesota upset

Minnesota plays hard especially at home. That's not going to be an easy game with or without AP.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Philly and Dallas keep winning and they will be playing for a wild card also.

A loss gives sf a fifth loss.

Only if SF loses another game, because either the Eagles or Cowboys are going to have at least 6 losses at the end of Week 17 even if they win out.

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
season is over... right now eagles are a superbowl contender, foles is playing at a MVP level

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Hey Jerry, why don't you post something meaningful instead of pointing out what this team did 20 years ago? No one cares in 2013........

Im glad that Cowboys winning history means nothing to you. I imagine JJ would be quite upset with a man on the internet that isnt too impressed.
Its obvious you know more about football than him.

Aven8

Reaction score
Philly is the hottest team in football right now IMO. Foles is on fire.

It reminds me of when Romo came in mid season for Bledsoe and we took off. Hopefully they peaked too early, and we will start our run. It all starts tomorrow night!