The only thing Jerry can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to replace Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I sincerely believe my opinion and analysis of the "Dak Prescott" issue is correct, and I do not agree with Troy Aikman's supposed take. If Troy supports Dak, he is wrong, but I don't think he does. He is a real quarterback, and I dare say it makes him sick to his stomach to see Dak plaing quarterback for the Cowboys.
You completely ignore the fact that Troy has to be nice because his job depends on him being able to conduct interviews with Dak on weeks he covers Cowboys games.
You are so desperate to hear someone defend him you don't care about the truth.
But Dak wouldn't make a good ballboy for Aikman.
See here.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
  1. I’d love to see just how confident fans would be after Jerry released Dak and the Cowboys suffered through another 4-5 years searching for even a competent QB.
  2. Man, I just saw the new look front pages with all the huge ads yesterday. Yikes! Almost unreadable. While I support Reality in whatever is needed to provide us this site for free, this is a truly horrible look.

lame argument

you are going to have the 5 years anyway, why are you hugging mediocrity like its your best friend?

the cowboys have done nothing for over 25 years, you think all of a sudden its GO time for them?

we have CeeDee and micah, get a qb to build around with them.

why are so many fans afriad of doing something and taking chances, you are going no where with the same QB

Adreme

Reaction score
What are you smoking????????? Moving up in the draft is not going to require anything close to what you have listed. There's a couple of QBs who are going to be available midway through the draft and I don't think moving up to that part of the draft is going to cost more than a 1st, 2nd and ? JJ wasted the 1st two picks last year on players that were not help to the Boys so using what I listed above should be doable for the Boys.
He said to go to the number 1 overall pick. To get to number 1 from 24 would require more than triple the value of the Cowboys first and second round pick. However the problem is that future picks do not have the same value as present picks (so even 3 1s and 3 2s do not get you there). Then you add in that this is considered one of those "special" prospects which inflates the value more. Therefore you are going to need to throw in multiple top players to get them to completely redo their organizational plan from rebuild to compete now. You are not going to want to give up Lamb which leaves you with Bland and Parsons being the only assets that will be considered valuable enough to move the needle.

Basically if you do not already have a top 5 pick getting to 1 or 2 is just not something you can reasonably do. The idea that some late 1s and 2s can be traded to move up to 1 is just silly and ignores that the other team is going to need value as well to make that trade.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry listened to the fans regarding Dak, like he did with Garrett. Forum members were comparing Garrett to the next Tom Landry. If Jerry listened to the 4 Horsemen on here, he wouldn’t have wasted so many years on this QB in training.
Since 2016 in the old Cowboy forum the abuse and benching I had to face just because I questioned Dak's talent level.
Ksk got tired of benching me............. :muttley:
8 years and 2 playoff wins later this horseman isn't happy but vindicated..........BIG TIME!
2 QB went down in a pre-season game so 666 could take over probably the most talented offensive roster in the NFL.
2.....not 1 but 2.................. :omg:
Jerry not only stinks at his Job (GM) but is also very unlucky!
a83da128-4787-49fa-932d-42e654749b01-large1x1_160831_kellen_moore.jpg

tony-romo-back-injry.jpg

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
"Basic playoff success"

Keep babbling incoherently. Troy's opinion of Dak really did a number on you.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
No you’re just grasping for anything at this point.

Someone’s word means more to you than the dudes whole career. Be smarter.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It’s a step in the right direction except for Dak “stans”. How can it not be if that (lack of) confidence is a reflection of Dak’s (and performance) in the last three playoff losses. In the first two of those three, the defense didn’t fail, but the offense was woeful. In last year’s playoff game against the 49ers, Dak had a chance to take the team down the field and score. On the first or second play of scrimmage, he almost did the same thing he did in the most recent playoff game — threw a pick six on the team’s end of the field that was simply dropped by the defender. In the most recent playoff loss you see what happens when the defense fails too. Everything becomes a mess.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So, the losses are COMPLETELY on him? So, Green Bay scoring TD's on 6 of their first 7 possessions is all on Dak as well? And, 4 of those drives were 75 yards or more. As I said in an earlier post, I'd have no issue with them moving on from Dak. But, that doesn't solve ANY of the defensive issues, the fact that the running game couldn't succeed against lighter boxes, the stupid penalties. But, I'm sure you'll find a way to pin all those issues on him as well (just like the rest of the Dak Sucks Crowd).
Just like all the other playoff losses. The defense gives up an opening score and Dak immediately goes 3 and out. That's the absolutely worst thing that he could do. Especially when your getting paid like your one of the best. In the SF games the defense managed to hold on but Dak still was screwing around messing up. The GB game the defense just caved in because like all the other games Dak was MIA. Look the QB position is the most important position on an NFL team. The QB inspired the rest of the team with his play and he is counted on to perform. Dak plays like horse **** in the biggest moments. KC doesn't win a SB without Mahomes. QBs get credit for both wins and must show accountability for losses even if in their own mind they played well a leader takes responsibility.

Nav22

Reaction score
No you’re just grasping for anything at this point.

Someone’s word means more to you than the dudes whole career. Be smarter.
Dak literally was just the NFL MVP runner-up and an All-Pro LMAOOOOO!!!

Keep talking as if you're describing some scrub who struggles to crack a roster spot. Too funny.

"Someone's word"... and that someone is Cowboys royalty, the great Troy Aikman who thinks you're a dolt.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Since 2016 in the old Cowboy forum the abuse and benching I had to face just because I questioned Dak's talent level.
Ksk got tired of benching me............. :muttley:
8 years and 2 playoff wins later this horseman isn't happy but vindicated..........BIG TIME!
2 QB went down in a pre-season game so 666 could take over probably the most talented offensive roster in the NFL.
2.....not 1 but 2.................. :omg:
Jerry not only stinks at his Job (GM) but is also very unlucky!
a83da128-4787-49fa-932d-42e654749b01-large1x1_160831_kellen_moore.jpg

tony-romo-back-injry.jpg
Kellen more? Seriously. Dak put him into retirement at an early age.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Keep talking as if you're describing some scrub who struggles to crack a roster spot. Too funny.

"Someone's word"... and that someone is Cowboys royalty, the great Troy Aikman who thinks you're a dolt.
I guess you did not read the rule put out today, huh. Either that or you just can't or won't follow the rules.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/if-...member-your-account-will-be-suspended.522657/

leeblair

Reaction score

Yeah, and Garrett won Coach of the Year once.
That shows you how those awards mean nothing in the real world. The NFL is certainly not the last word in talent evaluation, but they like giving out awards because it is good publicity.
So Dak finishing second in MVP voting means nothing.
Him choking in every big game means everything.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score

He played elite vs the Patriots and Giants. MVP season no doubt

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That shows you how those awards mean nothing in the real world. The NFL is certainly not the last word in talent evaluation, but they like giving out awards because it is good publicity.
One vote out of fifty. That is amazing, amazing I tell you!

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Delusion is strong with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.