The only thing Jerry can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to replace Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He said to go to the number 1 overall pick. To get to number 1 from 24 would require more than triple the value of the Cowboys first and second round pick. However the problem is that future picks do not have the same value as present picks (so even 3 1s and 3 2s do not get you there). Then you add in that this is considered one of those "special" prospects which inflates the value more. Therefore you are going to need to throw in multiple top players to get them to completely redo their organizational plan from rebuild to compete now. You are not going to want to give up Lamb which leaves you with Bland and Parsons being the only assets that will be considered valuable enough to move the needle.

Basically if you do not already have a top 5 pick getting to 1 or 2 is just not something you can reasonably do. The idea that some late 1s and 2s can be traded to move up to 1 is just silly and ignores that the other team is going to need value as well to make that trade.
If a team wants Parsons and a number 1, I'm making that trade! Parsons is set to make himself one of the richest edge rushers in the game and he's not worth that type of money! He's already proven that he's pretty much a ONE TRICK PONY and when times get tight on the field and the cameras start to take a peek at him, he's always sulking with his patented defeated look of his face and you never see Parsons trying to pickup his mates, it's always the other way around, his mates are going up to him trying to get his head back into the game. Also, even if Zim was to move Parsons back to a fulltime LBer to get bigger at that spot, Parsons has been average at best. His reads most of the time are horrible or when he does get a good read he can't get those big O-Linemen off of himself to make a tackle.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
He has to find a quarterback who can make the Cowboys better.
Makes sense. Of course we want the beast QB in the NFL in Dallas.

Nav22

Reaction score
When's the parade?
I remember your whining because Brandon Marshall said the only thing Dak hasn't won is a Super Bowl.

So you only care about a SB win... but you're concerned with lesser forms of winning too??? Like reaching the NFC CG???

Yeah, that makes sense.

Someone's flustered because Troy Aikman thinks lowly of their QB acumen.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, and Garrett won Coach of the Year once.
That shows you how those awards mean nothing in the real world. The NFL is certainly not the last word in talent evaluation, but they like giving out awards because it is good publicity.
So Dak finishing second in MVP voting means nothing.
Him choking in every big game means everything.
This dude really compared NFL MVP and All-Pro to a coach winning "Coach of the Year."

Boy, did Troy Aikman do a number on you! I wish you a speedy recovery.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
He played elite vs the Patriots and Giants. MVP season no doubt
My opinion on Dak aligns with that of the great Troy Aikman.

You upset because Troy thinks you don't know JACK about the QB position?

Sounds like it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My opinion on Dak aligns with that of the great Troy Aikman.

You upset because Troy thinks you don't know JACK about the QB position?

Sounds like it.
When did he meet Troy Aikman? Were you there when they met?

pitt33

Reaction score
lame argument

you are going to have the 5 years anyway, why are you hugging mediocrity like its your best friend?

the cowboys have done nothing for over 25 years, you think all of a sudden its GO time for them?

we have CeeDee and micah, get a qb to build around with them.

why are so many fans afriad of doing something and taking chances, you are going no where with the same QB
So many fans only care about regular season wins. Who gives a crap about winning 12 games a season and then wilting once the real games begin.

I say give me three wins a year until you get a true franchise quarterback.

Keep drafting them until you don’t have to.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The great Troy Aikman thinks your QB acumen is trash.

Troy agrees with me regarding Dak.

I know it hurts. No respectable NFL mind sees the game the laughable way you do.
Nav22, the more I read your posts, I'm impressed. So, can you fill us in when you met Troy and had all those conversations about Dak. You are one lucky dude to be able to communicate with the great Troy Aikman.

Or, are you just making it up that you talked to him.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Nav22, the more I read your posts, I'm impressed. So, can you fill us in when you met Troy and had all those conversations about Dak. You are one lucky dude to be able to communicate with the great Troy Aikman.

Or, are you just making it up that you talked to him.
The only people he’s talking to are his imaginary emoji shaped friends and his Dak doll.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only people he’s talking to are his imaginary emoji shaped friends and his Dak doll.
No, I think he really knows Aikman. I also think he has been to Dak's house to tell him that Troy thinks he is the bomb. But, he won't tell us how he met Troy. I would love to meet Troy in person. Nav22 is one lucky dude!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The great Troy Aikman thinks your QB acumen is trash.

Troy agrees with me regarding Dak.

I know it hurts. No respectable NFL mind sees the game the laughable way you do.
Dak’s good.

You just can’t pay him and expect to have the team he needs to win because Dak is a front runner.

I’m right.. I’ve been right. And hopefully I don’t stay right but likely I will.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You tell me.

YOU'RE the one who had a problem with Marshall saying the only thing Dak hasn't done is won a Super Bowl.
My problem with Marshall is that he said "The only thing Dak Prescott hasn't done is win a super bowl" and that is a huge lie.

We all know for painfully well that Dak hasn't accomplished WAY more than that in his 8 years as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.