The only thing Jerry can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to replace Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak had 8 wins and Rush had 4...how is 4 more than 8? Also, if you need to take so much pressure off of the D, then your D is not Elite, which basically destroys your argument that ONLY DAK is holding this team back (ask Jordon Love about that Elite Dallas D). How did Roethlisberger win 2 rings? He had ELITE Defenses that took the all the pressure off of him. And, once again, if Rush is a REAL QB, why is he Dak's backup? Why has no other club tried to bring him to be the starter?

What is so funny to me is that I could care less if Dak is the QB...he has issues. But, those of you that act like the only thing holding this team back clearly have blinders on...this D plays like HOT GARBAGE when they don't have a lead.
Dak plays like hot garbage when the Cowboys need him to be the reason they are better. And that's why he is the main reason the Cowboys can't be elite.
It's football, and what the offense does- or doesn't do - affects the way the defense can play. And vice versa.
Dak plays great when the rest of the team is making plays and the Cowboys have the momentum.
But in an evenly matched game, Dak's weaknesses give the opponents a big edge, rather than him stepping up and making the Cowboys better.
Rush is a backup because Jerry loves Dak and doesn't want to admit he's wrong. As far as other teams, they all seem to want a guy with a big arm, thinking that is what makes a quarterback.
The talent evaluation by NFL members is suspect at best, and they miss a great deal of the time.

leeblair

Reaction score
Of course you "don't care."

Troy essentially called you a know-nothing dolt.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Anyone who will say good things about Dak is playing your song, and you don't care about the fact that Dak has let the Cowboys down every year.
Because you're a fan of Dak, not the Cowboys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Of course you "don't care."

Troy essentially called you a know-nothing dolt.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You can laugh like a hyena all you want.

Dak still hasn’t won anything and my theory about paying him still holds so very true till this day.

His talent will never match his pay..

1 thing we know about Dak. He’s a front runner.

But when things go bad he isn’t the Captain to get the Cowboys out of a storm. He constantly sinks the ship. Prove me wrong Aikman.

Nav22

Reaction score
Anyone who will say good things about Dak is playing your song, and you don't care about the fact that Dak has let the Cowboys down every year.
Because you're a fan of Dak, not the Cowboys.
My opinion of Dak mirrors that of the great Troy Aikman.

The great Troy Aikman thinks very lowly of your QB acumen.

Cope with those facts however you'd like, sir.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
You can laugh like a hyena all you want.

Dak still hasn’t won anything and my theory about paying him still holds so very true till this day.

His talent will never match his pay..

1 thing we know about Dak. He’s a front runner.

But when things go bad he isn’t the Captain to get the Cowboys out of a storm. He constantly sinks the ship. Prove me wrong Aikman.
At least 95% of starting QBs will never win a ring.

Psst... that means nobody's impressed by you "being right about Dak."

The great Troy Aikman thinks you're a dolt in regards to Dak. It IS hilarious.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

leeblair

Reaction score
My opinion of Dak mirrors that of the great Troy Aikman.

The great Troy Aikman thinks very lowly of your QB acumen.

Cope with those facts however you'd like, sir.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
I sincerely believe my opinion and analysis of the "Dak Prescott" issue is correct, and I do not agree with Troy Aikman's supposed take. If Troy supports Dak, he is wrong, but I don't think he does. He is a real quarterback, and I dare say it makes him sick to his stomach to see Dak plaing quarterback for the Cowboys.
You completely ignore the fact that Troy has to be nice because his job depends on him being able to conduct interviews with Dak on weeks he covers Cowboys games.
You are so desperate to hear someone defend him you don't care about the truth.
But Dak wouldn't make a good ballboy for Aikman.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That’s not even enough. He has to get a team to a Super Bowl at least for me.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
The bottom line is you'd get the same result with Cooper Rush or any other good college QB. Surround a good college QB with a good offense, good defense, and some average and below average competition and you get wins. But when the competition goes up a notch the warts show. That's the case with 90 out of 100 "good" college QBs. 8 out of 100 can compete against good NFL teams. 2 out of 100 QBs are NFL elite .
Dak and Cooper fall into the 1st category. Solid backups.
Fortunately today's NFL is all offensive show and spend the leftovers on your defense. There are a handful of teams with solid units on both sides of the ball.

That's why having a clutch playmaker at QB leads to a title shot. Now more than ever, do the right thing Jerry.
This can't be a serious post

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dak is the qb for jones boys in 2024 ! like it or not that is who it will be .

Unless some miracle trade happens it is going to be dak again. Ext or no EXT.

If they dont extend dak, they may move on in 25.

24 is just gonna be a wasted year guys, with jerry trying to do something we dont understand lol.
He wants to take one last swing with mm and dak etc.
I'm willing to bet it would a wasted year without him. Matter of fact, it's more likely we wouldn't see a winning season for some years

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
At least 95% of starting QBs will never win a ring.

Psst... that means nobody's impressed by you "being right about Dak."

The great Troy Aikman thinks you're a dolt in regards to Dak. It IS hilarious.

Dude he can’t even have basic playoff success.

You’re delusional bud. Seek help.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
What's crazy about reading these posts is, most of you would have been willing to give Romo a few more years and he hadn't won a thing either. Yet, you still wanted him to be the starting QB. You expect Dak to do the things 95% of the league's QB haven't done and can't do. You blame Dak for losing to GB.....like it was all his fault. If we had a better defense on the field, my trust is in Dak...despite the two turnovers. But the defense was gashed. Any many of you watch these games with rose colored glasses on.
'

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Is that the best you got? Quite sad to be honest but I guess if you aren't smart enough to formulate a counterargument (is that word too long for you) then I guess this is all you are capable of.
LOL!!!!!! Dude, when it comes to HOMIES like you nothing any intelligent poster has say is going to change your mind about the TOAD HUNTER and the extension he diffidently does not deserve.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Everyone is a lot of people. :laugh: :laugh:

That’s a mighty big hill to stand on.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Some fans here are just delusional. First its funny you think all the best football minds in the world have collectively overhyped Dak but, random people on the couch can tell the difference and are smarter. I find that arrogance rather funny to be honest.

Lets move on from that silly talk and onto about the actual thing you are talking about and that is going from the 20s to 1 and how impossible it is. Here is an example of what that offer would have to be, at a minimum, for them not thang up the phone on the spot: 3 1s, 3 2s, Micah, and Bland, and that is probably getting negotiated up from that into another 3 or something. At which point you are now down your core defensive pieces, your top 10 QB, have no money to spend, and no picks, but at least you have, at best, a 1/3 chance of having someone who is in the same tier as Dak so um I guess that is a good thing.
What are you smoking????????? Moving up in the draft is not going to require anything close to what you have listed. There's a couple of QBs who are going to be available midway through the draft and I don't think moving up to that part of the draft is going to cost more than a 1st, 2nd and ? JJ wasted the 1st two picks last year on players that were not help to the Boys so using what I listed above should be doable for the Boys.

Nav22

Reaction score
I sincerely believe my opinion and analysis of the "Dak Prescott" issue is correct, and I do not agree with Troy Aikman's supposed take. If Troy supports Dak, he is wrong, but I don't think he does. He is a real quarterback, and I dare say it makes him sick to his stomach to see Dak plaing quarterback for the Cowboys.
You completely ignore the fact that Troy has to be nice because his job depends on him being able to conduct interviews with Dak on weeks he covers Cowboys games.
You are so desperate to hear someone defend him you don't care about the truth.
But Dak wouldn't make a good ballboy for Aikman.
Awwwww, congrats on finding a way to cope.

Psst... Troy used to be VERY critical of Dak, especially his accuracy. Then Dak became a better player so Troy changed his tune.

Oops!!! Turns out Troy CAN be honest about players, after all!!!!

I'm so sorry. Troy thinks you're a dolt in regards to Dak.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dude he can’t even have basic playoff success.

You’re delusional bud. Seek help.
"Basic playoff success"

Keep babbling incoherently. Troy's opinion of Dak really did a number on you.

leeblair

Reaction score
Awwwww, congrats on finding a way to cope.

Psst... Troy used to be VERY critical of Dak, especially his accuracy. Then Dak became a better player so Troy changed his tune.

Oops!!! Turns out Troy CAN be honest about players, after all!!!!

I'm so sorry. Troy thinks you're a dolt in regards to Dak.
Show me where Troy thinks I'm a "dolt".

Status
Not open for further replies.