The only thing Jerry can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to replace Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
He has to find a quarterback who can make the Cowboys better.
There’s been 28 years of proof of what Jerry is. If you think replacing Dak changes that then you are foolish and simply haven’t been paying attention. I don’t get how anyone could watch the Garrett era and the Romo era and think otherwise.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually that would be great.
Can you imagine the threads about his trade value. And if any teams were to be actually interested.
I mean a salary dump for a 5th round pick would be discussed. Which trade was better Dak or Amari. :lmao2:
Any trade that makes more threads in here is worth it!!!! We need more threads, as a matter of fact hold on, let me cook something up (not really!) :eek:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually that would be great.
Can you imagine the threads about his trade value. And if any teams were to be actually interested.
I mean a salary dump for a 5th round pick would be discussed. Which trade was better Dak or Amari. :lmao2:
Gonna be like Tyron lol. Complain about Tyron getting hurt and then cry when he moved on lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
this is not a sports team, this is an entertainment business. Once people realise this they will have more fun making fun of the crap.
If you want entertainment go watch an actual team play. Instead your entertainment is making fun of the team you claim to root for. I can’t imagine being 70 years old and doing it. Has to be more to life then that.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
Truth

#Lance2024

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak is the qb for jones boys in 2024 ! like it or not that is who it will be .

Unless some miracle trade happens it is going to be dak again. Ext or no EXT.

If they dont extend dak, they may move on in 25.

24 is just gonna be a wasted year guys, with jerry trying to do something we dont understand lol.
He wants to take one last swing with mm and dak etc.

Redline360

Reaction score
This forum is a very small portion of true Cowboys fans. Dak sells Jerseys and brings in the money. A football organization would have moved on by now. This is an entertainment team.

All Jerry cares about unfortunately

The only way to restore confidence is if he sells the team or somehow has an ephinay and hires a GM.

shabazz

Reaction score
We can hammer both Dak and Romo for the lack of playoff success but let's not absolve our "GMs" failure at putting together a great defense here.

The defenses have done well against the bottom feeders of the league but have always faltered in big moments against top teams....the only exception I can think of was holding the Niners to 19 points in the playoffs.

Other than that, they always wilt and we've all seen it on the biggest stages.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Tell me again why Jethro needs to restore confidence ? Something I haven’t had in almost 30 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This forum is a very small portion of true Cowboys fans. Dak sells Jerseys and brings in the money. A football organization would have moved on by now. This is an entertainment team.

All Jerry cares about unfortunately

The only way to restore confidence is if he sells the team or somehow has an ephinay and hires a GM.
Right . Our priorities have been out of whack since Jethro took over total control of football operations after Jimmy left.

While they haven’t been enough for more success Romo and Dak have propped up this dysfunctionally ran franchise from 10-11 loss seasons . Which is enough for Jethro to hype his iconic brand . Proof is in the pudding.

Qcard

Reaction score
"And everyone knows it"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Here's what Troy Aikman said about Dak today:

"I know they've come up short the last few years... but he's been a great player in this league, and his best years are still ahead of him."

Gee, who to believe.... legendary NFL quarterback or pear-shaped dolts on a message board?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Everybody except Troy Aikman!!

Dak Haters are imbeciles!!

I hope "everyone" joins our Laugh Fest!!

Just imagine pointing a finger at the train Wreck Dak Haters Narratives ......then laugh hysterically. :laugh::lmao::laugh::lmao::laugh::laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
It's even deeper than that. Dak is simply a symptom of a much deeper problem.

If Jerry truly wants to restore faith, he needs to step back and let Zim and Jimmy start making decisions.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're way off base it doesn't matter who's the quarterback Jerry is not trying to win a super bowl Jerry is trying to make the most money and have a team that's worth the most that is his super bowl.
He tells people what they want to hear and uses terms like ALL IN which is just a scam to trick fans into believing something he doesn't really mean.
Then when pressured about it he walks it back and tells his definition of all in and it's not what US fans are thinking.
Very well stated.

Hey, who knows if Dak could actually succeed in the playoffs or not, Jerry quite simply doesn't have the foggiest notion of how to build a team around a player using that player's strengths. Look at last season and what Dak had to work w/: A backup RB starting, an aging OL, a big lack of a big bodied WR that you can throw to in order to get you out of trouble. It would be hard for anyone to work under those conditions. I'm not a Dak fan at all, but it's blatantly easy to see the issues w/ the least amount of assessing and evaluating.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak is not getting better with time. 9 years in and he has the same amount of playoff wins as Romo? Three?

Status
Not open for further replies.