The only thing Jerry can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to replace Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I respect ALL authorities.

I never worry about getting "Benched", because it's actually healthy to take a forced break....we are all passionate about the Cowboys.

Question? Do you trust CeeDee Mother or Troy Aikmans opinion on Prescott's Extension??? :lmao2: :lmao2:
I have no loyalty to any player. My loyalty is to the Cowboys.

I have no problems dogging players that don’t show up and bring the Cowboys down. Because I have no loyalty to them therefore it allows me to be honest about them.

When Dak is gone best believe if the next QB sucks and doesn’t show up he will be dogged by me also.

I dogged Romo the same as I dog Dak. They are simply characters in the Cowboys story to me. As with any book there will be hero’s and villain's. We are on a 30 year stretch of villains right now, but a hero will eventually show up that’s worthy of the praise you bestow on Dak.

Until that worthy QB shows up I, along with many others, will be beating the drum for change. Because if you don’t have a reliable and consistent QB then you have nothing. Source? The past 3 decades.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
He has to find a quarterback who can make the Cowboys better.
There's not a single move Jerry can make for me to have any confidence in him. Even if he were to die and get out of the way, I still wouldn't have faith in that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is not getting better with time. 9 years in and he has the same amount of playoff wins as Romo? Three?
Dak has 2.

Dak is 2-5 in the playoffs making him the worst QB in playoff history with at least 5 starts.

Brax

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
Actually the smart thing to do is let Dak play the final year and take the cap hit and build the team accordingly, Dak will need to show how he can carry a team for those huge numbers. Dak has shown that he’s not capable of making plays when it counts so far, it’s fair to say put up or shut up and garbage stats don’t matter. SB or bust just the only smart move to make if you’re Jerry, unfortunately I don’t think it plays out like that.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak is not getting better with time. 9 years in and he has the same amount of playoff wins as Romo? Three?
At this point I believe that Dak has leveled off and he is what he is which is a very good NFL quarterback in the top 10 area.

Granted under certain circumstances he can look like the MVP of the league but under other circumstances he can also look very overmatched.

That said at this point in his career you either give him the help he needs to get over the top and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that he needs a strong offensive line and a power running game or you see if you can get rid of the no trade clause and trade him for a boatload of draft picks. If what you want to do is win a super bowl or at least get further in the playoffs.

If you're following Jerry's plan and just want to stay relevant you run it back with Dak make the playoffs and stay relevant.

Make no mistake the quarterback by himself is not going to take us to the super bowl you must have an owner GM and front office that actually wants to get there for it to happen.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And everyone knows it.
You think Jerry cares what fans think? That's the problem, too many think that their constant complaining and bashing will make a difference. It would if they would leave and turn their back on the Cowboys completely.....it will not work if they just bash but keep showing up.

Big_D

Reaction score
And himself and his kid. Confidence would be at an all time high after that.

starfan1

Reaction score
Wether we like it or not, it's gonna happen. Unless he cuts him outright and brings in Wilson at 4 million. Then they can start the Wilson hate threads. LOL!
honestly these blowhards in here that keep the Dak sucks narrative alive and well are just that. BLOWHARDS! they are the 10% on this board that makes the most noise and make it a less desirable experience and while it can be annoying at times to me they have as much relevance as this mornings flush.

hopefully they keep their word and get stepping. With that said if Dak wants to play hardball I have no issue with the FO making this his last year. But unlike the BLOWHARDS I know that dak is far from the only problem with my beloved cowboys and probably isnt the biggest

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Just last week, you stated on this board that Houston was your team and Stroud was your QB, I kinda feel sorry for Houston and Stroud.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:muttley:
I like to play around with the child like attitudes you and your buds share.

To you and them I can be anything.

To the ones here that can have reasonable conversations I am a Cowboys fan.

To you and your buds I can be an Eagles, Texas, Niners or whoever I want fan because I don’t take you seriously. You don’t take me serious, so why not play up the character you created and let it rile you up instead?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
honestly these blowhards in here that keep the Dak sucks narrative alive and well are just that. BLOWHARDS! they are the 10% on this board that makes the most noise and make it a less desirable experience and while it can be annoying at times to me they have as much relevance as this mornings flush.

hopefully they keep their word and get stepping. With that said if Dak wants to play hardball I have no issue with the FO making this his last year. But unlike the BLOWHARDS I know that dak is far from the only problem with my beloved cowboys and probably isnt the biggest
:hammer:
It's nice to read posts from a reasonable fan.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like to play around with the child like attitudes you and your buds share.

To you and them I can be anything.

To the ones here that can have reasonable conversations I am a Cowboys fan.

To you and your buds I can be an Eagles, Texas, Niners or whoever I want fan because I don’t take you seriously. You don’t take me serious, so why not play up the character you created and let it rile you up instead?
Not anything, all you are is what i step on when I walk through my pasture to get my barn.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I have no loyalty to any player. My loyalty is to the Cowboys.

I have no problems dogging players that don’t show up and bring the Cowboys down. Because I have no loyalty to them therefore it allows me to be honest about them.

When Dak is gone best believe if the next QB sucks and doesn’t show up he will be dogged by me also.

I dogged Romo the same as I dog Dak. They are simply characters in the Cowboys story to me. As with any book there will be hero’s and villain's. We are on a 30 year stretch of villains right now, but a hero will eventually show up that’s worthy of the praise you bestow on Dak.

Until that worthy QB shows up I, along with many others, will be beating the drum for change. Because if you don’t have a reliable and consistent QB then you have nothing. Source? The past 3 decades.
Mountain mountain please get a grip will you .

The villain here is our greedy owner Dak is not the villain he is a quarterback with known skill level.

Do you honestly in your heart of hearts believe Jerry is incapable of building a contender with all the resources he has in 30 years.

Our mediocrity is by design it makes him generational wealth.

Understand this there is no hero quarterback coming from anywhere that is going to come here and win a super bowl for us until Jerry decides that that is important again for him to do and surrounds your hero with enough talent to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.