The penalties are getting out of hand

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s a coaching issue. Discipline, focus. It’s been an issue for years and definitely the entire McCarthy era. It’s pathetic.
Coaches have no power to punish players for mistakes ........ Jerry makes sure he is the only one who makes disciplinary decisions.

CWR

Reaction score
It’s a coaching issue. Discipline, focus. It’s been an issue for years and definitely the entire McCarthy era. It’s pathetic.
Not saying I disagree but he didn't have this problem in GB.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Coaches have no power to punish players for mistakes ........ Jerry makes sure he is the only one who makes disciplinary decisions.
What exactly do you think they can do to punish players? Run laps? You can't make them practice more, you can't fine them, most players you can't even cut because you need them despite the occasional penalty. You can give them a stern talking to and that's about it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What exactly do you think they can do to punish players? Run laps? You can't make them practice more, you can't fine them, most players you can't even cut because you need them despite the occasional penalty. You can give them a stern talking to and that's about it.
Or you can bench their ***** , not give them extra days off

I suppose you just want to let this continue.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Team discipline is not only the coaches reponsibility but also your team leaders............I reall dont think this team has team leadership...

LoneStar84

Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the Packers often had a lot of issues with penalties during McCarthy’s tenure there as well.

foofighters

Reaction score
:hammer: Hence why we need to move on...McCarthy has had 4 years to clean this up....never has....never will.
I am not a fan of MM but this problem goes beyond him. Leadership (or lack thereof) starts at the top. Unfortunately, the Jones boys know nothing about football leadership.

Creeper

Reaction score
Cowboys are in first place with most penalties this year and that doesn’t include this week where they had 11. These penalties have a huge effect on the game stopping offensive drives and extending defensive drives. Time the coaches stopped paying lip service to addressing the penalties.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html
I thought the refs were a bit flag happy last night to be honest. But they also called facemask on the Giants when it was actually Overshown who grabbed the facemask of a Giant. I was surprised the Giants didn't make a bigger stink out of that.

Guyton is going to get a lot of holding calls until he learns to cut off those inside moves DEs are using against him. Although, I thought the second holding they called on him was not holding.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
On Lamb's touchdown, can someone tell me what was the penalty? Was it taunting? I had the volume off because I had two live streams going besides the game.
Yes, taunting. Lamb turned around after scoring and threw the ball in the direction of the DB while staring him down after looking back at him before even crossing the goal line.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Lining up in the neutral zone to me should be a penalty the player should be fined for by the team
I know, union rules probably forbid it

that is one penalty for which you cannot blame the ref or anyone else.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's a logo on the helmet issue. Big Mike didn't have issues when he coached a ref darling team in GB. All previous Cowboys coaches in the 21st century have had the same issues.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Hey, they are going to focus on that & clean it up. At least that is what I've heard the entire time MM has been here.

To be fair, before him too, but just trying to keep it to current regime

Cmac

Reaction score
That was a high school team on Friday night, at the bottom of their conference performance.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It's a logo on the helmet issue. Big Mike didn't have issues when he coached a ref darling team in GB. All previous Cowboys coaches in the 21st century have had the same issues.
Lol. Literally had a call we benefited from that we committed and y'all are still with the victim spiel. After that facemask call last night, y'all's failsafe ref excuse for penalities is DEAD.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Or you can bench their ***** , not give them extra days off

I suppose you just want to let this continue.
Who do you want to bench? We have no depth. We were playing a CB we had just called up from the PS last night. You're hurting the team more than a penalty is at that point.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who do you want to bench? We have no depth. We were playing a CB we had just called up from the PS last night. You're hurting the team more than a penalty is at that point.
Got it ....... do not hold players accountable ....... the mindset of 29 years of mediocrity.