The penalties are getting out of hand

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What does that immediately represent Rock?
It represents total lack of discipline and communication is what that stat represents.
Good thing the first part of our schedule was easy, because this team is just fixing to enter a hail storm.
TJ is comming up give you 2 guesses as to what OT he will be attacking...the Giants retread gave him fits, he may have 6+ holding calls next week against pitt.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Cowboys are in first place with most penalties this year and that doesn’t include this week where they had 11. These penalties have a huge effect on the game stopping offensive drives and extending defensive drives. Time the coaches stopped paying lip service to addressing the penalties.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html
It showed just how undiscipline this team is, these two teams showed the league just how bad they really are. Going forward I don't expect a lot of good things from this team..............................

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
:hammer: Hence why we need to move on...McCarthy has had 4 years to clean this up....never has....never will.
McCarthy has had that long to wipe the Arby's horsy sauce off his man chin.
I never care about a person's appearance, but I do care about taking this long to never figure out how to extract the best out of your weapons.
MM has no clue how to utiliz3e the RBs we have in house now.
No presence of mind to put Vaughn in the same space that Luepke is in.
Love seeing Luepke exposing that space, and maybe now we will see some speed in space with some of our backs like Vaughn.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What does that immediately represent Rock?
It represents total lack of discipline and communication is what that stat represents.
Good thing the first part of our schedule was easy, because this team is just fixing to enter a hail storm.
I wouldn’t say total. But yeah, certainly lack of discipline and it’s on both the coaches and players.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
TJ is comming up give you 2 guesses as to what OT he will be attacking...the Giants retread gave him fits, he may have 6+ holding calls next week against pitt.
I give him some time since he is a rook, but MM needs to incorporate some more support to the left moving forward.
Luepke becoming more involved, and a healthy Fergusson can go a long way in evolving this offense and neutralizing some of its deficiencies.

shabazz

Reaction score
Anybody Shocked?.....dysfunction from top to bottom

Jerry's unforced error of waiting too long to sign Dak and Ceedee is no different than the unforced errors by the players.......what they both have in common is NO CONSEQUENCES

Havic

Reaction score
BS. It’s not a league issue otherwise EVERY team would be committing egregious penalties. The NFL popularity has skyrocketed and it’s why the salary cap keeps going up. You’re a well known hater and are blinded by it.
The union fights for less ota’s, reduced practice times, and less preseason games in favor of a longer season. Hearing rumblings of already wanting an 18 game season. Quality of the product is diminishing, it’s evident by overall qb play alone.

And to your point. Poor coaching and lack of discipline amplifies it further.

CWR

Reaction score
Watch the games, the penalties are real and an ongoing issue which McCarthy has acknowledged himself.
I know some are real. I also know hiw subjective some are.

Fact remains it wasn't a problem in GB. So what changed besides the uniform?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The union fights for less ota’s, reduced practice times, and less preseason games in favor of a longer season. Hearing rumblings of already wanting an 18 game season. Quality of the product is diminishing, it’s evident by overall qb play alone.
Probably affects the first few games is all.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been on this board since 2004, and if there's one common theme throughout the years is the Cowboys need to cut down on their penalties. Same song, just a different year.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I know some are real. I also know hiw subjective some are.

Fact remains it wasn't a problem in GB. So what changed besides the uniform?
The culture, bro. Isn't that what people claim around here about the circus culture and no accountability for not doing a good job just like the owner and GM here? Then people are shocked it shows up on the field and want to blame the refs? Even after that gift they gave us last night? Lol.

CWR

Reaction score
The culture, bro. Isn't that what people claim around here about the circus culture and no accountability for not doing a good job just like the owner and GM here? Then people are shocked it shows up on the field and want to blame the refs? Even after that gift they gave us last night? Lol.
They gave us a gift directly after missing the call against CD on 3rd, just for perspective.

I agree the culture is a a part of it. I also believe there are alot of people who don't like the Dallas Cowboys or Jerry Jones. Bias is real, whether it's subconscious or they are acutely aware. Doesn't mean it's rigged, just means there is a human element that works against us.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I give him some time since he is a rook, but MM needs to incorporate some more support to the left moving forward.
Luepke becoming more involved, and a healthy Fergusson can go a long way in evolving this offense and neutralizing some of its deficiencies.
100% its crazy he is leaving him out to dry like this.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
They gave us a gift directly after missing the call against CD on 3rd, just for perspective.

I agree the culture is a a part of it. I also believe there are alot of people who don't like the Dallas Cowboys or Jerry Jones. Bias is real, whether it's subconscious or they are acutely aware. Doesn't mean it's rigged, just means there is a human element that works against us.
As America's most popular team, it could also work for us. I'd check the fandom of that facemask ref if I were you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hey dak fight through it no problem playing 2nd and 20 LOL

6ad8db01-c4e0-43cd-8584-f3b516a0001b.jpg