The penalties are getting out of hand

CCBoy

Reaction score
Agreed, I also think it’s a league / union issue as well considering they practice less and less each year. Quality of the overall product is down significantly
Standard and leadership.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What exactly do you think they can do to punish players? Run laps? You can't make them practice more, you can't fine them, most players you can't even cut because you need them despite the occasional penalty. You can give them a stern talking to and that's about it.
Til their tongues dragged the ground.

That involves accountability and level responsible. There is the pocket book also for non-responsive.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Coaches have no power to punish players for mistakes ........ Jerry makes sure he is the only one who makes disciplinary decisions.
This ^^^^^^^

Jerry started this with Dieon after Jimmy left. Hard or impossible to make players accountable to coaching when the players know the coaches have no power.

Just pretend to befriend the owner and you won't be held accountable.

bewp7

Reaction score
do not hope for this to get clean up because it wont

mccarthy and his staff is not capable of cleaning it up it have been proven over a very large sample and time

glimmerman

Reaction score
On Lamb's touchdown, can someone tell me what was the penalty? Was it taunting? I had the volume off because I had two live streams going besides the game.
I saw other teams doing it all the time. He really didn’t even do anything. Last week the defenders were mugging our receivers and then taunting them and flexing in front of them and no penalty. Actually one was holding Lamb in the endzone and another came over and looked like a head to head shot on Lamb and they were flexing and no penalty.

A lot of these penalties are avoidable but some are BS calls.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Cowboys are in first place with most penalties this year and that doesn’t include this week where they had 11. These penalties have a huge effect on the game stopping offensive drives and extending defensive drives. Time the coaches stopped paying lip service to addressing the penalties.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

Mike needs to clamp down on it. Can't win when we're trying to start at 1st and 20 at our 10.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes, the penalties are out of control and have been an issue with McCarthy since he's been here. Despite claims they will clean those up, he has not done that. Team is still undisciplined.

Also for people whining about the refs last night, yes there were a couple of questionable calls. I thought the one hold on Guyton was pretty bad considering you see far worse go uncalled. That being said, we got some real gifts last night too......... that facemask call early in the game on the Giants was a horrendously bad call.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed, I also think it’s a league / union issue as well considering they practice less and less each year. Quality of the overall product is down significantly
BS. It’s not a league issue otherwise EVERY team would be committing egregious penalties. The NFL popularity has skyrocketed and it’s why the salary cap keeps going up. You’re a well known hater and are blinded by it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought the refs were a bit flag happy last night to be honest. But they also called facemask on the Giants when it was actually Overshown who grabbed the facemask of a Giant. I was surprised the Giants didn't make a bigger stink out of that.

Guyton is going to get a lot of holding calls until he learns to cut off those inside moves DEs are using against him. Although, I thought the second holding they called on him was not holding.
The penalties with this team has been a problem for a few years now not just this game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Guyton is killing drives there is no denying that...there is also no plan B so Dak will have to live with it and try to make something of it...CD also it only gets harder from here.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cowboys are in first place with most penalties this year and that doesn’t include this week where they had 11. These penalties have a huge effect on the game stopping offensive drives and extending defensive drives. Time the coaches stopped paying lip service to addressing the penalties.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html
What does that immediately represent Rock?
It represents total lack of discipline and communication is what that stat represents.
Good thing the first part of our schedule was easy, because this team is just fixing to enter a hail storm.