The Penn State Aftermath Thread *Penalty Post #403*

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Kingsmith88;4617778 said:
He (Sandusky) was being investigated by the missing and since pronounced dead DA back then, and the DA dropped the case.

I had forgot about that, .. that looks even more suspect now than previously.

Kingsmith88

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4617780 said:
I had forgot about that, .. that looks even more suspect now than previously.

His computer files were found in the river in Lewisburg some 40 miles away from State College. When I learned he had investigated Sundusky in 98, I thought the same as you. It does seem odd.

Kingsmith88

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4617766 said:
They almost HAVE to retire the statue or forever wear a scarlet letter...

I think so too but I'm not sure they will. A report today said they denied talking about removing it. Time will tell.

joseephuss

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;4617614 said:
This is a CYA attempt by the Trustees and a bad one at that. How can anyone write a report on this scandal without even attempting to interview several of the major people is beyond me.

Without subpoena power how can one attempt to interview several of the major people involved? It is a solid report. It can't possibly answer every question or concern out there, but I don't think it is a bad attempt to bring some facts to light. We know more now than we knew last year when this story broke.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Kingsmith88;4617797 said:
His computer files were found in the river in Lewisburg some 40 miles away from State College. When I learned he had investigated Sundusky in 98, I thought the same as you. It does seem odd.

All reports on that seem to indicate that Gricar was probably murdered as there was a big drug ring that law enforcement was going after. His entire case seems really odd, but it appears that they don't think his disappearance has a thing to do with the Sandusky case.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
joseephuss;4617833 said:
Without subpoena power how can one attempt to interview several of the major people involved? It is a solid report. It can't possibly answer every question or concern out there, but I don't think it is a bad attempt to bring some facts to light. We know more now than we knew last year when this story broke.

It's the new blame game for the Paterno apologists. Blame the Trustees and everybody around Paterno. Even though the report attacks the Trustees pretty harshly. If that's CYA, then I hate to see not CYA.

YR

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4617851 said:
but it appears that they don't think his disappearance has a thing to do with the Sandusky case.

Now, after finding out what these schmucks are capable of, I'm not sure I totally agree with that statement.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4617865 said:
Now, after finding out what these schmucks are capable of, I'm not sure I totally agree with that statement.

Nah.

Keeping this under wraps and actually murdering and hiding the body of a District Attorney are 2 extremely different things in terms of gall and ability to do. It's kinda like the Catholic church scandal. It's much easier for them to cover this up by keeping it quiet and not coming forward with it. It's another to try and cover it up by murdering people.

YR

joseephuss

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4617865 said:

I think they are too dumb to pull something like that off. It appears they have left a pretty easy paper trail for Freeh to find.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4617777 said:
Statue of Paterno?

gty_joe_paterno_statue_2009_jt_120122_ssh.jpg

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
trickblue;4617878 said:
They can't leave that standing, in good conscious. They might anyway, but it's a slap in the face to every child Sandusky abused from 1998 on.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4617890 said:
They can't leave that standing, in good conscious. They might anyway, but it's a slap in the face to every child Sandusky abused from 1998 on.

It may be a good idea for them to take it down for now even if it is just temporarily. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to deface it at some point.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have tried to avoid this thread because I simply did not want to deal with the fact that there has been serious damage done to a Coach that I, for most of my life, have considered to be a good man. Over the past 2 years, I have heard that Penn State, the Big 10 and the NCAA have known of these behaviors since the mid to late 80s and did nothing. That's hard to conceptualize.

I hope they do take the statue down and I hope that Penn State does all the right things in this matter, up to and including, admitting that all parties associated did wrong and Joe did wrong. I hope this is what happens. This would be hard for The Penn St. Nation to accept but I think it has to be done. Things have to be set right and that's probably the only way it will happen.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
joseephuss;4617933 said:
It may be a good idea for them to take it down for now even if it is just temporarily. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to deface it at some point.

I forget who, but someone at Sports Illustrated said they should keep the statue up.....

But have it turned the other way.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4617962 said:
I forget who, but someone at Sports Illustrated said they should keep the statue up.....

But have it turned the other way.

The quote on the wall behind the statue says, "They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach."

Hope in one hand, **** in the other, JoePa. See which one fills up first.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The report seems to put forth the point that Joe did know about the 1998 incident and investigation. The man knew who farted on campus, there's no way he didn't know about that incident.

And while the report could not connect Sandusky's unexpected retirement and his retirement "bonus" to the 1998 incident that doesn't mean that there isn't or wasn't a connection either. PSU could have simply buried it so deep that it couldn't be found.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4617731 said:
From the time this story broke, .. common sense told us that these guys had to know early on.
Yep. Remember back when this broke and so many posters got killed for saying he probably knew?

Only those who willingly put their heads in the sand thought Joe had no idea any of this was going on. He ran that entire athletic department. He was God at that university.