The PJG!

ESisback

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have a choice of what to watch on TV in your house? The other day my wife was watching a biography of the author of The Joy Luck Club, which was as interesting as watching grass grow or paint dry. Other times she watches Dr. Pimple Popper, or that Midwestern woman on YouTube who does “Living On A Dime”, or some historical romance tripe. She also watches GMA and American Idol. If I asked to watch something else, my wife and daughter would be insulted, and if I even sighed heavily, they wouldn’t like it. Yet, if I’m watching football or something like Pulp Fiction or John Wick, they don’t HESITATE to either voice their displeasure or leave the room altogether. One time I even asked her why she disliked John Wick so much, and she said because of the violence. I then asked her why “Outlander” was her favorite show—TONS of murder, rape, sodomy and grim stuff, so what’s the diff?

Cold cereal for supper.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do any of you guys have a choice of what to watch on TV in your house? The other day my wife was watching a biography of the author of The Joy Luck Club, which was as interesting as watching grass grow or paint dry. Other times she watches Dr. Pimple Popper, or that Midwestern woman on YouTube who does “Living On A Dime”, or some historical romance tripe. She also watches GMA and American Idol. If I asked to watch something else, my wife and daughter would be insulted, and if I even sighed heavily, they wouldn’t like it. Yet, if I’m watching football or something like Pulp Fiction or John Wick, they don’t HESITATE to either voice their displeasure or leave the room altogether. One time I even asked her why she disliked John Wick so much, and she said because of the violence. I then asked her why “Outlander” was her favorite show—TONS of murder, rape, sodomy and grim stuff, so what’s the diff?

Cold cereal for supper.
That's why they invented the man cave...and hit men.

Xelda

Reaction score

Cold cereal for supper.
I don't know if I can help answer your question about John Wick versus Outlander, but I'll try. I tried to watch one of the John Wick movies, but had to cut it off due to the violence against his wife and dog. They were just props for the story. I guess this feeds the testosterone, but it says women are disposable at the beginning of the movie.

Outlander has violence, but allows you to know the characters before murdering the crap out of them. The whole 'what if' about time travel and a married couple that are deeply committed to each other. This feeds our estrogen the good stuff and says everyone is important. As for The Joy Luck Club, I'm sure it had to be boring. I don't remember that movie. Dr PP? Oh hail no. Don't know the Midwestern Woman. But football? They don't like it? I can't help them if they don't get football.

I hope I explained it to give some clarity from a female perspective.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't know if I can help answer your question about John Wick versus Outlander, but I'll try. I tried to watch one of the John Wick movies, but had to cut it off due to the violence against his wife and dog. They were just props for the story. I guess this feeds the testosterone, but it says women are disposable at the beginning of the movie.

Outlander has violence, but allows you to know the characters before murdering the crap out of them. The whole 'what if' about time travel and a married couple that are deeply committed to each other. This feeds our estrogen the good stuff and says everyone is important. As for The Joy Luck Club, I'm sure it had to be boring. I don't remember that movie. Dr PP? Oh hail no. Don't know the Midwestern Woman. But football? They don't like it? I can't help them if they don't get football.

I hope I explained it to give some clarity from a female perspective.
Thanks! I’m just venting in a sarcastic, good natured way. I watch Wick for several reasons...I like Keanu Reeves, and the action and fighting scenes are so cartoonish it makes me chuckle. I also find the transformation of a maniac killer to a peaceful man and back as interesting. The killing of the dog bothered me too, but it was a needed element to show the contrast between the chaotic good and chaotic evil. I like Outlander too, mostly for the reasons you pointed out, but the shocking atrocities committed were kinda hard to watch also. Dr. Pimple Popper showed some NASTY stuff!

Anti-football is a crime against mankind!

kskboys

Reaction score

Cold cereal for supper.
You don't have 2 TV's?