The PJG!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How about Peanut, the Kidnapper?

Ah, changing the subject: You're a natural born PJG candidate!
Since this is @ESisback 's thread, I'll let him explain the history of the Postjacker's Guild, and what we expect from its members. (Hint: Not much)

RaZon

Reaction score
I can pretty much make most things work, already like this place. Will do what I can to be a valued member of the community.

If I make a bad judgement call, a smack to the head will work.

ESisback

Reaction score
Since this is @ESisback 's thread, I'll let him explain the history of the Postjacker's Guild, and what we expect from its members. (Hint: Not much)
History? From the now defunct fan forum at DALLASCOWBOYSLIVE.com. A small group of rude, smartassy Cowboy fans (led by outlaw luminaries like couchcoach and streetwise), decided to create our own meaningless institution that celebrated good natured chaos. Sarcasm, absurd nonsense, and flatulence prevail. Membership requires nothing besides verbal stupidity, not to mention an affection for annoying the deadly serious, perpetually miserable “realists” who seem to have forgotten that this is just a game. Members of high standing include the aforementioned posters, Runny, Gipper, CapnB, London, and a handful of others I’m simply too lazy to mention. My apologies, I’m also very forgetful and easily distracted…oh look, a fly!

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, The PJG! My fellow members are all fine fellows I consider online kin. Witty, jokey boys, they all are! Wanna join? Welcome, welcome!

I hereby nominate RaZon to the distinguished position of Minister of Head Smacking. Do I hear a second?

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
Yeah, they even tolerate me sometimes!
How about Peanut, the Kidnapper?

Why do I feel like I should be smoking a cigar as I listen to that?

RaZon

Reaction score
Yeah, they even tolerate me sometimes!

Why do I feel like I should be smoking a cigar as I listen to that?

I usually mix a rum and coke, light some incense sticks, a few candles when chilling with, Peanut, the Kidnapper, Cedar Creek Sheik, Bull City Red, Boweavil Jackson etc.

Xelda

Reaction score
I usually mix a rum and coke, light some incense sticks, a few candles when chilling with, Peanut, the Kidnapper, Cedar Creek Sheik, Bull City Red, Boweavil Jackson etc.
I have cut rum and coke out of my diet because the first one is kind of harsh, the second is much better, the third and so on go down too easy. I keep both in the house, but I refuse to let them mingle. I like to add a lime wedge or twelve.

I was wallpapering my home one Friday night and had the radio sitting in the middle of the room. I picked up an out of town station that was dedicated to old blues. I'd only heard recent blues, so this was a revelation to me. It was like finding my favorite songs that I had no idea existed. I got some wallpapering done, but was more excited about the music. When I reach some depths, music, shopping and CZ brings me back.

RaZon

Reaction score
I have cut rum and coke out of my diet because the first one is kind of harsh, the second is much better, the third and so on go down too easy. I keep both in the house, but I refuse to let them mingle. I like to add a lime wedge or twelve.

I was wallpapering my home one Friday night and had the radio sitting in the middle of the room. I picked up an out of town station that was dedicated to old blues. I'd only heard recent blues, so this was a revelation to me. It was like finding my favorite songs that I had no idea existed. I got some wallpapering done, but was more excited about the music. When I reach some depths, music, shopping and CZ brings me back.

Lime....hmmm? Maybe a thanks, will find out.

It works like this....

pre and post war blues, or pre and post 1941.

Them prewar blues is very much about regions...

Mississippi Delta .....all blues from Miss gets stuck there
Memphis
Texas
Alabama
St.Louis
Louisiana
Georgia
Piedmont/East Coast

Each region has those artists who best represent that region.

Then we have the obscure, those with only a record or two, the phantoms out of the shadows,

Post war isn't so much about location, because we are pretty much talking about Chicago and Detroit blues.

A few ya need to hear,,,,

Charley Patton.....in a word, unique,
Bessie Smith
Robert Johnson
Blind Lemon Jefferson, his Black Snake Moan a classic
Muddy Waters
Howlin' Wolf
Jimmy Reed
Lightnin' Hopkins

ESisback

Reaction score

I like to wallpaper in my silky Hugh Hefner robe, with Rob Zombie cranked to eleven, mouth crammed full of Slim Jim’s, a large brandy glass filled with Couchcoach’s Bloody Mary, sitting nearby my giant laptop, which is playing Dancing Bear videos in a loop….

RaZon

Reaction score
History? From the now defunct fan forum at DALLASCOWBOYSLIVE.com. A small group of rude, smartassy Cowboy fans (led by outlaw luminaries like couchcoach and streetwise), decided to create our own meaningless institution that celebrated good natured chaos. Sarcasm, absurd nonsense, and flatulence prevail. Membership requires nothing besides verbal stupidity, not to mention an affection for annoying the deadly serious, perpetually miserable “realists” who seem to have forgotten that this is just a game. Members of high standing include the aforementioned posters, Runny, Gipper, CapnB, London, and a handful of others I’m simply too lazy to mention. My apologies, I’m also very forgetful and easily distracted…oh look, a fly!

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, The PJG! My fellow members are all fine fellows I consider online kin. Witty, jokey boys, they all are! Wanna join? Welcome, welcome!

I hereby nominate RaZon to the distinguished position of Minister of Head Smacking. Do I hear a second?

While I appreciate the nomination, I am a legit honey, a bonafide sweetheart, I just look scarey.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
@Runwildboys

Do you remember any of our titles? I thought we had qualifications at one time, but you know how THAT goes…
Obviously Couchcoach is the Grand Poobah. Deathmonkey is our head of Black Ops....err, no, not Deathmonkey. I meant to say Dreadhonky.
Londonboy is our British Liaison (or something like that)....

...Are you really asking me to remember stuff???

ESisback

Reaction score
Obviously Couchcoach is the Grand Poobah. Deathmonkey is our head of Black Ops....err, no, not Deathmonkey. I meant to say Dreadhonky.
Londonboy is our British Liaison (or something like that)....

...Are you really asking me to remember stuff???

Of course! You’re the Executive Director of Memory and Unsavory Thoughts! I don’t think I have a title myself, except of course Flatulent Headcase!